To Everyone Who Has Slated Danny Lennon...

Hi all, I must admit that i was one who thought Danny boys time had gone, but yesterday had me in delerium. Never thought he would have the tactical nouse to change a game that was seriously slipping away from us. He did his thing and the rest is now history. Happy days. COYS.

get it right f**king up ye

We are St Mirren and we've just won the Cup and i love you no matter how daft yir thread is.

Why anyone would want to rile other Buddies in what is a glorious moment in our Clubs history is beyond me.

Feel the glory glory love Gordon.

Forget the ' Rank Pulling ' forever GJB !

get it right f**king up ye

I have never criticised DL, and hope I never will. He deserved his day yesterday, and will now become a St Mirren legend. But, as some of my non Saints friends commented yesterday - why is a team (and squad) that can play like that second bottom of the SPL? I hope Danny continues to learn as a manager and sorts this - I think we had the personnel for top 6 this season. Just as Danny rightly gets the plaudits yesterday, he must also shoulder the blame for underperforming in the league

I have never criticised DL, and hope I never will. He deserved his day yesterday, and will now become a St Mirren legend. But, as some of my non Saints friends commented yesterday - why is a team (and squad) that can play like that second bottom of the SPL? I hope Danny continues to learn as a manager and sorts this - I think we had the personnel for top 6 this season. Just as Danny rightly gets the plaudits yesterday, he must also shoulder the blame for underperforming in the league

Cup win can only be bettered by winning the league!

Wouldnt trade our season for anybody's. ICT, Motherwell and Ross County are playing for 2nd, 3rd or 4th place. Nobody will remember that in 1, 5 or 10 years time. We will remember yesterday forever, and will go down in history as the 2012-13 League Cup Winners.

Danny is still learning and will improve. Had gowser had avoided injury we might have had a few more points and avoided the 6 losses in a row .

As far as I'm concerned Lennon deserves the plaudits. Though I do think we also need to thank wee. Tommy who has been a great right hand man.

Fans should always question the manager but not In a way where abuse is the theme........We are blessed right now with a man who won us a cup we have never won before......... It's 11 men but bringing in Ismael was the key and such an Inspired signing ...Anyone think we would win without Goncalves?.....Danny is the new Tom Hendrie (god) ....I questioned him when we slipped to relegation ...He made his response to pull away from the drop

A special manager we have on our books me thinks but next season will tell......God bless you Danny Lennon and what you have given my club.

Fans should always question the manager but not In a way where abuse is the theme........We are blessed right now with a man who won us a cup we have never won before......... It's 11 men but bringing in Ismael was the key and such an Inspired signing ...Anyone think we would win without Goncalves?.....Danny is the new Tom Hendrie (god) ....I questioned him when we slipped to relegation ...He made his response to pull away from the drop

A special manager we have on our books me thinks but next season will tell......God bless you Danny Lennon and what you have given my club.

I agree completely - nothing can detract from what Danny achieved yesterday, and I agree with NeilParr72 that we wouldn't trade a higher league place for our cup (unless we won it!). But it needn't be an either/or. I think there is more to come from Danny and he can only benefit from winning yesterday, and presumably from a relatively better budget next year than some others. But there is no point in denying the league doesn't lie - we can still get to 7th or 8th and that must be our goal. We are not the second worst team in the SPL - Danny's immediate challenge now is to make sure we don't finish there

He has responded when times looked bleak....Has the dressing room in his hands (apart from Imrie and Carey) ....Signing players like Ismael and Puri...Looking for more pace up front .....Give this man time and we will be top 3 next season.

Not so sure about Carey...but Imrie is visibly not happy. But the guys in front of him are playing well.

Talk of Danny losing the dressing room can be well and truly quashed!

If you look at how we have played in the cups this year we have beaten 4 SPL teams higher up in the league than us between the League Cup and the Scottish Cup: Aberdeen away, Celtic at Hampden, Hearts yesterday and St Johnstone at home in the SC. What would people prefer... we lost in the cup and had no final to remember and no QF tie against Celtic (where we were unlucky not to at least get a replay), and get wins against those teams in the league and be 12 points better off and level with Ross County on 45 points in the battle for 4th place?

If you look at how we have played in the cups this year we have beaten 4 SPL teams higher up in the league than us between the League Cup and the Scottish Cup: Aberdeen away, Celtic at Hampden, Hearts yesterday and St Johnstone at home in the SC. What would people prefer... we lost in the cup and had no final to remember and no QF tie against Celtic (where we were unlucky not to at least get a replay), and get wins against those teams in the league and be 12 points better off and level with Ross County on 45 points in the battle for 4th place?

Most folk on here are never happy and they'd never be able to agree on the colour of the Queen's shite.

Edited by Tony A

Not so sure about Carey...but Imrie is visibly not happy. But the guys in front of him are playing well.

Talk of Danny losing the dressing room can be well and truly quashed!

Time for some big change next season......Our league position has to improve,,,,,,Imrie,Parkin and Guy have to go for me....Carey?....Burst a gut in the last few games and I hope he stays....McGowan /McLean .....It's up to them

Cup win can only be bettered by winning the league!

Wouldnt trade our season for anybody's. ICT, Motherwell and Ross County are playing for 2nd, 3rd or 4th place. Nobody will remember that in 1, 5 or 10 years time. We will remember yesterday forever, and will go down in history as the 2012-13 League Cup Winners.

This x648,000,000. We witnessed history yesterday. Everyone is now in the history books as St. Mirren Legends!

Time for some big change next season......Our league position has to improve,,,,,,Imrie,Parkin and Guy have to go for me....Carey?....Burst a gut in the last few games and I hope he stays....McGowan /McLean .....It's up to them

All the loanees will be gone. Along with McLean, Imrie and Parkin I think.

We might not have the loanees next year but surely the scenes and reputation for giving them a chance means we can get other loan players of a similar or better quality.

I think if you asked either of the 3 the question of back in reserves or bench for your permanent club Stmirren on loan or an other team on loan, st mirren would be first choice

• 4 months later...