Top 3 Snotteriest Moments

Amazingly managed to keep it together at the game, but have been struggling since. What were your biggest greets?

3. Seeing the open top bus come into sight at Stow Brae.

2. Cheesy crying on Thommo's shoulder in the highlights.

1. Following the bus up Causeyside then walking down Gilmour St towards County Square with my Mrs. She's heavily pregnant with our first child so the game would have been too much. Making the parade though means that we can do the "you were there!" in the future.

Where is the shot of cheesey greeting? I think I missed it when I was greeting while watching the match on sky plus earlier.

Anyway top 3 of all time snoteriest moments.

3. 3rd goal at the semi final when thommo put us 3-1 up.

2. 3rd goal last night when newton put us 3-1 up

1. five minutes ago watching the highlights...

Major jessiness but i dinnae care.

1. Build up to the Final ever since the Semi Final.

2. The Final

3. Since the Final Whistle and still they are flowing with every passing St Mirren thought.

1. Visiting my late parents grave at Hawkhead before the game, both lifelong buddies.

2.Taking my 7 year old son to the ground before the game to touch his Papas tile for good luck.

3.watching my 7 year old son celebrate with me like I did with my father in 87, at the final whistle.

The only downside was my other boy had to sit with his uncles but boy did we have a party last night :)

Now this is the kind of thread that we should be seeing.

3) The final whistle....the sressful blur of the game finally ended and on seeing the reaction of the players I burst out greeting

2) Met an old friend of mine on the way back to the bus. A friend who has been to many games with me over the years and who stood beside me at the Stirling Albion game. On cuddling him tightly the enormity of the moment was too much and I burst out greeting

1) Strangely this one was at 22:30hrs or so last night in the Bull Inn. It did not really sink in until I watched the hilights back on the television with some of my footballing friends around me. The realisation of the achievement hit me and I burst out greeting.

1. Visiting my late parents grave at Hawkhead before the game, both lifelong buddies.

2.Taking my 7 year old son to the ground before the game to touch his Papas tile for good luck.

3.watching my 7 year old son celebrate with me like I did with my father in 87, at the final whistle.

The only downside was my other boy had to sit with his uncles but boy did we have a party last night smile.png

Im in tears now reading that........

If I may add this to my above post

4) reading class of 76-77's post

Three distinct moments of man greet......

Newton's shot hitting the net. I thought it was going past, major head rush moment ensued, jumping and crying and yelling , wtf was that all about ?

Watching some of the players and their kids jumping madly on the presentation stage.

Listening to the roar from the Saints fans when the third goal hit the net on whilst watching the highlights prog , again and again and again and again..

When the players were on the podium celebrating and all the Saints Fans started singing "Doo Doo Doo Doo Stevie Thompson" with the actual song on in the background.

All the goals but especially Newton's. I had tears in my eyes. Incredible.

The pure emotion in everybody's face; Fans, Players, Manager, Stewart Gilmour, etc.

The player interviews and them mentioning how much it meant to them and the fans.

The actual open top bus parade and following it singing Saints Songs. Real unity between everyone.

Is that three yet?

I totally lost it when Carey won the free kick seconds before the final whistle. I was actually overcome, and could barely remain standing. I've had a greet before and since, but that was the full release. I doubt I'll ever react like that again in any game. The thing is, it just felt right.

Edited by Drew

I've had a few tears, but only watching the highlights on Sunday nightwas when it really hit home.

This is an exceptionally likeable group of players. The lifelong fans (Cheesy and ST), the surprise signings (Isma and Newton), the back story (Grant Adam), players from our youth system (McLean, McGinn, Cheesy), didn't fit in at a bigger club (McGowan and Carey), role model senior players (Teale, ST), and the exceptioanlly touching sight of players taking their kids onto the park (Goodwin, Mair, ST and DVZ). I'd really have my doubts about anyone that wasn't moved by this - we are lucky to have this group and makes the success just that little bit sweeter. The TV coverage captured that and its a credit to the BBC that their coverage was so in tune with squad and what they are about.

Most moving moments in no particular order:

1. My brother telling me he was going to our late father's remembrance point at Cardross en route (he lives out that way) to the match. A wee tear or 2.

2. Not quite tears but I arrived at stadium just (and no more) before kick off, got through the turnstyle and a defeaning battlecry of Come on Ye Saints was being 'played at 11' - as they say in Spinal Tap.

3. Watching the team in the open top bus, clearly they were all pretty well refreshed and fans and players all singing.

The only downside was my other boy had to sit with his uncles but boy did we have a party last night smile.png

Im in tears now reading that........

Me anaw...

1. When the full whistle went, I was holding my autistic older brother Euan's - who I've been going to games with for 14 years - hand; I then broke down as Carey booted the ball into the west stand.

2. When I saw Stuart Gilmour on the open top bus, still wearing the scarf I put round his neck pitchside after we'd won.

3. When I finally got the chance to read all of yesterday's newspapers earlier on this afternoon.

1. when Goodwin lifted the cup

2 reading the papers in work, the old firm fans did not understand

3. when my Dad told me last night he had know for 5 days that he had cancer but didnt want to ruin the weekend by telling me.

and

4. typing number 3.

3. when my Dad told me last night he had know for 5 days that he had cancer but didnt want to ruin the weekend by telling me.

and

4. typing number 3.

I don't know if I've ever met you my fellow Buddie but 3. and 4. have me greeting right now. All the best with whatever has to come. I hope it's early and curable and even if it turns out that it isn't, remember it's not the end, just the start of a new chapter and journey for your dad, you and the family. Stay strong.

Also tell your dad he is a wonderful man for 3. regardless of how it feels now.

ETA: I hope that isn't stepping over the mark, but I felt compelled to write that more than anything else I've ever written on here.

Edited by Bart Simpson

The tear fest continues........

Back to the lads at work today , they were all made up for me, the ST mirren nut. They thought it was a brilliant game and that they thought of me during the game having hysterical fits of joy and despair......... this from a whole cross section of scottish and english footie fans. They had left paper cuttings and all praised the players, especially thommo, gowser and that ginger boy fae Newcastle !

Made me proud as feckin punch, that my team contributed to a game they all agreed was a crackin watch. tbh i teared up a bit , but maybe that was the lingering hangover..................sob !!!

Edited by Seaside Nipper

I managed to get through the whole of Sunday and Monday without shedding a tear. Even when I rewatched the game on Monday night when I got back to Jersey.

HOWEVER, on my half hour walk to work this morning I decided to listen to the radio Scotland podcast on my phone. Big mistake. Tears blunnin me all the way. Must've been some sort of delayed reaction. I'm not ashamed to say.............. Ah was fookin mortified!! :-)

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

1, 2, and 3. The final whistle.

That final whistle is something I've dreamed of for decades. I never really knew how it would feel, if it did ever happen in my lifetime. I always imagined myself leaping 6ft into the air, but that didn't happen.

Instead, when the final whistle went, I sort of just froze still while that massive wall of sound blew up around me and I think I just stood there.

I thought of my past, my childhood, my Kelvin Holmes strip.
I thought of my family and my friends.
I thought of Love Street.
I thought about those fans of 1926 who stood on the same spot as me a century ago, and wondered if they were still there on that terrace.
I thought of my mum, long since departed.

I thought of the Mars bar she used to stick in my jacket pocket "for half-time" as a boy.
I thought about my 30 years of life so far, everything I've done, everything I haven't done, and what happens now?
I thought about everything, because everything I know and am is usually invaded by my team in one way or another.
I thought I would be jumping about the place but I couldn't. I just stood there and I was totally surrounded but completely alone for a moment.
My mate took a photo of me, and my dad, sister and I had a bit of a huddle. Everything just came out for some reason.

Don't get me wrong, I was my usual arsehole self again pretty quickly, but that one minute after the final whistle was the single longest minute of my life. I remember every one of those 60 seconds.

Like life flashing before your eyes....

Mental.

No football club has the right to do that to someone, but once it gets into you, it gets in really deep there's no getting rid of it.

St Mirren til I die.

Guest TPAFKATS

I didn't cry ..............until the final whistle. Then the roller coaster of emotions from the previous 90 odd minutes flowed from me in a slow wave of emotion. I might have held it together at that point had I not turned my gaze from the pitch and caught the look on both my wife and daughters faces.

I was then fortunate enough to meet the team bus as they transferred onto the open top bus, lump in my throat and tear in my eye as Danny stepped off the bus first and handed my daughter the trophy. Humbled by the humility of the man as much as the pride that I felt.

A few minutes later and a similar gesture by Gowser...

In the pub watching the highlights and nearly started again when I heard Thommo's interview.

Went to bed a wee bit merry on Sunday night / Monday morning but had a wee thought for a couple of mates who were 1 short at the game as their Dad is in hospital.

Although my eyes were a bit teary on Monday morning this was due to having to go to work.

I have held it together since Sunday night until now when I read post #19 from scotty - dont know you Bud but thinking of you and your Dad.

and

4. typing number 3.

Reading this while lying in bed next to my 9 month old son who has just finished a nighttime feed while his 3 year old sister is half a mile away in the RAH with her mum after being admitted first thing on Monday morning has again brought a few tears to my eyes. A very emotional few days.

All the best to your dad buddie!

I was in tears at least 4 times during the game. Big Fraz has the footage to prove it.