The Final(Revisited)Again And Again And Again,,ect

Watched the full coverage when I got home - at Hampden, I knew the last five minutes was nervous stuff, but it was even worse on the telly. No wonder Mrs Poz told me she watched the last five minutes from behind the sofa. It was the commentators - who had been superb throughout, even Billy Dodds with his 'The quality of the St Mirren goals has been exceptional!' statement.... Even though I knew how the script ended, I could understand exactly why she was clarting in her nappy watching the end....'Can Hearts force extra time!...St Mirren are hanging on!...the clock is ticking slowly for the Buddies!... etc, etc.

It's actually brilliant TV, and a brilliant final. Watching it for the third time - it's a classic cup final, a belter.

Edited by pozbaird

As an expert now, I can assure it's even better if you fast forward from the pre-match stuff to just before the second goal in the match, then let it run, making a mug of tea during the HT dross, fast forward from after the 4th goal in the match, to the last 4 minutes.

That's even better than the BBC highlights.

Of course, if your name's Samson you might want to review some great saves and stops.

Saints first goal followed a nice string of 10 passes

The second was as a result of 18!

(Albeit that string contained two attempted tackles and one failed headed interruption from hearts players.)

Dummet's was a mere 4 or 5 very slick passes after he'd won the ball.

As an expert now, I can assure it's even better if you fast forward from the pre-match stuff to just before the second goal in the match, then let it run, making a mug of tea during the HT dross, fast forward from after the 4th goal in the match, to the last 4 minutes.

That's even better than the BBC highlights.

Of course, if your name's Samson you might want to review some great saves and stops.

Saints first goal followed a nice string of 10 passes

The second was as a result of 18!

(Albeit that string contained two attempted tackles and one failed headed interruption from hearts players.)

Dummet's was a mere 4 or 5 very slick passes after he'd won the ball.

Disagree......Watching St Mirren cling on for life as Hearts threw the kitchen sink at us makes this win even better for me......The quality of our goals is unsurpassed In any game I can remember. The whole 90min is a must for me.

I can t find it on iplayer ,where should I be looking?

Under "Sport", ya diddy. If you have Sky on demand, go to Catch Up, then iPlayer, Sports, Sportscene. It has the highlights programme. I watched again yesterday afternoon and gret like a big wean. Glad the wife wisnae in. Edited by Happy Buddie