Incredible Bbc Video

div

A simply wonderful wee video. Got me filling up again. I got a great reception when I got back to Bangor. A nice wee round of applause in the club, guys shaking my hand and clapping me on the back. You would have thought I had been playing. In Main Street last night a few young lads from the pool team in our club saw me from the other side of the street and started chanting 'St.Mirren!' The win has confirmed what some of us veteran Saints fans have been saying for donkeys years. The moments of sheer, unadulterated joy do make up for the years of heartache. It's great to be a Buddie.

The Slow motion shot from behind is fantastic footage. He strikes the ball right in the middle and its so unusual these days to see the ball go as straight as a bullet. Doubt he will ever strike a football more sweetly than he did for his goal!!! Will never tire watching that!!!clap.gif

it's the way he hit it so hard he actually lifted himself off both feet!!!! Sniff!!!

A simply wonderful wee video. Got me filling up again. I got a great reception when I got back to Bangor. A nice wee round of applause in the club, guys shaking my hand and clapping me on the back. You would have thought I had been playing. In Main Street last night a few young lads from the pool team in our club saw me from the other side of the street and started chanting 'St.Mirren!' The win has confirmed what some of us veteran Saints fans have been saying for donkeys years. The moments of sheer, unadulterated joy do make up for the years of heartache. It's great to be a Buddie.

The 'cup final win effect' has been amazing, my mate's wee girl is in the same class at school as Jim Goodwin's wee girl, out Cumbernauld way. He says all the mum's have been hanging about the school gates to see Jim drop her off and that his own wee boy wants his dad to get him a St Mirren strip !

The 'cup final win effect' has been amazing, my mate's wee girl is in the same class at school as Jim Goodwin's wee girl, out Cumbernauld way. He says all the mum's have been hanging about the school gates to see Jim drop her off and that his own wee boy wants his dad to get him a St Mirren strip !

I'm thinking of forming the Cumbernauld Buddies Supporters Club myself. thumbup2.gif

Strangely enough, it's not the goals that really set me off, but that shot of Cheesy and Sammy.

Pure unadulterated joy!clap.gif

Love that shot as well. The press seem to forget that Cheesy is a buddie as well. A thoroughly fantastic day which still feels as if it's still going on. Seem to have something in my eye at the momentclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

thumbup2.gif

A bit of an aside, but occurred to me today that I'm really glad we won something wearing a classic St Mirren strip!

'87 one we see so often was basically white.

So let's hope that next year we don't end up in another feckin bib !!! thumbdown.gif Personally, I'd like to see (and this is the only time I agree with the ugly sisters) a full on old school retro style kit for next season. Possibly the late 70's or early 80's attire... bye1.gif

Love that! Set the emotions going all over again. And going back to the point Drew made in his earlier post, it is incredible the goodwill that is coming my way from supporters of a whole range of teams in the small Trossachs town where I currently reside. I can only think of one other Bud who stays here so people do get to know you, I talk up the team all the time and make sure I am wearing the stripes when I am playing 5 a sides (very badly). People up here in the main seem to be genuinely delighted that we have won the cup, and most OF fans have been pretty gracious about it-though one Sevco fan couldn't resist adding "It was only Hearts". Guess old habits die hard. Cards on table due to family commitments I don't get down to Paisley as often as I'd like but we are all ambassadors for this club wherever we are and there have been occasions in the past where being a fan of the mighty Buds has earned me derision and some good natured piss taking. But this is payback time, and like many on here I feel Sunday proved the truth of that old phrase "Paisley is St Mirren and St Mirren is Paisley". And Danny Lennon by the way deserves every moment of this-anybody who doubted how much this club means to him must have come to their senses on Sunday. The moment after the 3rd goal just taking in the supporters and the dedicating of the trophy to the massed ranks of Saints fans showed how much class the guy has. And it IS more than a football club, taking it all in on Sunday i thought back to my late mum and dad and memories of Paisley and of course '87. Just a magic time to be a Buddie and long may this feelgood factor continue-though as we're from Paisley it won't last too long I reckon!

Can only echo what everyone said. Down in Essex colleagues and friends alike have been congratulating me and St Mirren on the victory. There is an understanding that following the so called little clubs fans deserve there day.

I had a great day and watching the clip brought back the whole fantastic experience. After years following the Saints including,,every round home and away of the Anglo Scottish victory last week was another to cherish.

What next, who knows but if we keep the current group together and Danny at the helm I believe the club can move on.

I had to travel down to Manchester on Monday night after the cup final (hangover / no voice left) and was in a daze all week. Some young lad from Burnley came up to me yesterday and asked if I was Celtic or Rangers. "I'm St Mirren" I said and he broke into a big grin and said "Congratulations on your cup win. Stevie Thompson is a legend! He got us promotion to the Premiership". His pals came over and seemed genuinely chuffed that we'd won the cup and Thommo had been a big part of that.

Watching the game yet again (even the shite first 30 minutes).

Also.....Strachan "It's nice to see different colours in the stadium".

Correct, Poz's design and his timing deserve credit :)

I still can't believe it. It will probably never sink in. As a graphic designer and supporter, it was a lifetime's ambition to be able to design a St Mirren strip. To see us win a major trophy wearing them is mental. I never imagined that happening in my wildest dreams.

• 2 years later...

So let's hope that next year we don't end up in another feckin bib !!! Personally, I'd like to see (and this is the only time I agree with the ugly sisters) a full on old school retro style kit for nextthumbdown.gif season. Possibly the late 70's or early 80's attire... bye1.gif

whistling.gif

I've watched cup final celebrations numerous times, same with the league wins and the 87 cup final and it always gets me. However time doesn't stand still, memories are good but I'm not one for living in the past. We have to stop the slide we are in currently and try and get these days back.