New Kit 2013-14 Sneak Peek

Don't be a wuss.... Here's my philosophy. It isn't as good as Danny's philosophy, but here goes. I believe that if the colour isn't in our club crest, it shouldn't be in our strips. Just my view, others may disagree. So, here's a club crest big fella'... Knock yourself out from black, white, red, blue, or yellow*.

*Was gold in the original crest - but is now standardised as Pantone Yellow, to go with black, white, Pantone Blue 072, and Pantone Red 185 as our colours.

bye1.gif

attachicon.gifsmfc.jpg

So I'm guessing the new strip's not green.

So I'm guessing the new strip's not green.

Can we pretend purple is in the crest?

Purple football strips are brilliant.

See post 59.... Meanwhile, have a wee cup of tea.

attachicon.gifmugs.jpg

but what if you mixed blue and yellow = green

blue and red = purple

black and white = grey, and so on

the blue and white check seems to have changed to purple and white lately,

but what if you mixed blue and yellow = green

blue and red = purple

black and white = grey, and so on

the blue and white check seems to have changed to purple and white lately,

Several companies producing merchandise for St Mirren asked me for Pantone references to reproduce the club crest on mugs or whatever, and with no guidelines to be found already in existence, well none that I could find anyway, I dug out my trusty Pantone swatch and gave them black, white (obvious I know!), Pantone Yellow, Pantone Blue 072 and Pantone Red 185.

Again, just my philosophy, but I believe these club crest colours should be the palette for any club kit base colours. That's why this season has black and white, red and black, and blue and red. The gold trim on the third kit collar was a nod to the fact the club crest used to be a gold shield. How it became yellow is anyone's guess. I also don't believe that we should have red anywhere near our home kit design (outwith any manufacturer logos, sponsor logos, and the names & numbers.) The kit itself should only be black and white - again, just my 'philosophy'. Black, white and red is Dunfermline. Or this time next week, The Dunfermline.

That's why this season's home kit disnae' have any red in it.

Others may disagree and want orange, green, grey or purple kits, and may want red bits back in the home strip. I stuck to my guns this season, being so grateful to be given the opportunity to do the designs. I stuck to my palette and 'philosophy'. Stuck to it again with the new designs for next season - rightly or wrongly, it's the way I wanted to do it. That will probably all change when I've had my go, and it passes onto others, most likely the in-house designers at whoever the kit manufacturer may be in future. Who knows what lies ahead.... no bib strips hopefully!

Edited by pozbaird

• 2 months later...

Like the second and third tops far more than i like the home one certainly thumbup2.gif

Are we actually going to wear the third kit this season though? I know alot of fans felt ripped off after purchasing the blue and red kit last year. We wore it in pre season and when we won the Renfrewshire Cup, but never in a competitive match.

The sponsor looks much better on the 2nd/3rd kit than the home kit.

Why could they not make the sponsor red on the home instead of the big black block bit? Looks very cheap.

I'll probably buy the yellow one, although I can't see us wearing it much.

The third kit is a cracker IMO, and the away one is not too shabby if a bit too similar to last seasons.

If you look at the badge on the third kit it is a completely black outline with none of the other colours from the usual badge there. Instead the neon yellow from the kit provides the only other colour.