New Kit 2013-14 Sneak Peek

Guest somner9

0141 889 2558

Go ask him yourself, instead of boring us with your bitterness.

You actually think he's in every week?

But since you've obviously got his ear, and number perhaps you can ask him to summarise what he's done for the club in his role of commercial Director in the last year.

If this bores you, don't read it, I'll keep a keen eye on the bloke that nearly saddled our club with a debt it could never have survived under! We were one step away from lining up behind Hearts, Dunfermline etc...

Edited by somner9

Doesn't really matter what it looks like I will be buying the top for my boys but I have to say I bought the Anniversary top, Black away and the home top last year for my boys and it is costing me a fortune in hard times am surprised we never brought it out before the final or even brought a cup final strip out.

Bring back the days we change our strips every couple of years as less people I speak to are buying strips because before you know it they are new one out.

I for one won't be buying it. No arm holes, no neck hole, just a square of cloth with some pretty patterns on it? No thanks. Is this what it's come to? Scrimping and saving on material to the extent that it's just a rag to be stapled to the players midriff before games. It's an absolute disgrace. I blame SMISA - they've done nothing to secure the availability of a full strip for our team.

I'm sure I'll be jeered by all the many tens of thousands of St Mirren fans who know me from my posts on the forum, and will probably have rotten eggs and shoes thrown at my wife and kids, but that won't stop me from voicing my concerns at this debacle.

Edited by Soctty

Still be much easier for wallpapering with and joining rather than full strips on wall !

I for one won't be buying it. No arm holes, no neck hole, just a square of cloth with some pretty patterns on it? No thanks. Is this what it's come to? Scrimping and saving on material to the extent that it's just a rag to be stapled to the players midriff before games. It's an absolute disgrace. I blame SMISA - they've done nothing to secure the availability of a full strip for our team.

I'm sure I'll be jeered by all the many tens of thousands of St Mirren fans who know me from my posts on the forum, and will probably have rotten eggs and shoes thrown at my wife and kids, but that won't stop me from voicing my concerns at this debacle.

Guest somner9

He was working for the club another day. cloud9.gif

Sadly no.

But he has created a mini boom for plasterers in the area who have been tasked with filling in the crack he re-appeared from as soon as we had won something!

The guy is a media whore and would tuen up at the opening of an envelope if he thought it would get him yet another directorship.

Ask how the plans for the club shop are coming along that he promised over a year ago?

Doesn't really matter what it looks like I will be buying the top for my boys but I have to say I bought the Anniversary top, Black away and the home top last year for my boys and it is costing me a fortune in hard times am surprised we never brought it out before the final or even brought a cup final strip out.

A CUP FINAL STRIP?

And... if it had been a defeat, how many more times would such garments have been worn?

As it is, I'm sure many people already happily possess THE cup final strip. :)

Seems that I won't be needing my one-way ticket to Helmand after all. The coming season's three kits aren't my designs.

I'm off the hook then.

Really ? Why are they not using your designs mate ? That seems barking considering the success of this seasons kits.

Really ? Why are they not using your designs mate ? That seems barking considering the success of this seasons kits.

All I can do is to repeat what I have already posted Div - I did three designs, with three alternate options. The last I heard, the BoD were looking at a selection of designs, which weren't necessarily all mine. They were particularly undecided about the home kit. I heard today that none of the three upcoming kits are my designs. There may well be elements of them taken - such as the Paisley Pattern in the black stripes, but the kits are not the ones I did.

All I can do is to repeat what I have already posted Div - I did three designs, with three alternate options. The last I heard, the BoD were looking at a selection of designs, which weren't necessarily all mine. They were particularly undecided about the home kit. I heard today that none of the three upcoming kits are my designs. There may well be elements of them taken - such as the Paisley Pattern in the black stripes, but the kits are not the ones I did.

Have you seen them Paul?

Have you seen them Paul?

No Drew, I haven't seen them. As I said in previous posts, I knew other designs were being mulled over, that had come from sources unknown to me. From what I can glean so far, it is someone else's designs that have been used for the three, but these designs may feature certain colour or design elements that were on mine. It's no big deal - I'm as keen as anyone now to see what's what.

Edit: My information could be wrong - who knows? Will only know for sure once they are unveiled!

Edited by pozbaird

curioser and curioser. It now appears that the kits are very close to my designs, but with a few changes. Seems like a hybrid design process using my designs, with changes made to certain elements of the design, probably by JD Sports in-house team. Interesting!