New Kit 2013-14 Sneak Peek

Now that the three new kits have been revealed, here's what my three submitted designs looked like, and we can see where changes were made from initial submissions to the finished article. Minimal changes to the away and third designs really - the home one changed a lot, but retained the Paisley pattern.

attachicon.gifkits temp.jpg

I prefer your home top Poz to be honest, I might be the only one on here too who likes the official one even less now I've seen it in the shops. Oh well... a tracksuit top for me this season it is...

Edited by FS

Now that the three new kits have been revealed, here's what my three submitted designs looked like, and we can see where changes were made from initial submissions to the finished article. Minimal changes to the away and third designs really - the home one changed a lot, but retained the Paisley pattern.

I prefer your home top Poz to be honest, I might be the only one on here too who likes the official one even less now I've seen it in the shops. Oh well... a tracksuit top for me this season it is...

Nope, your not alone Bud. Saw it today for the first time in JD Braehead. Me no likee at all

The home idea was (obviously!) black shorts and socks to make it different from this season, and thicker stripes to show off the Paisley pattern. Relatively simple idea again, but deliberately different from this season.

I was surprised that the club went with white shorts and socks again, but at the risk of repeating myself - I like what they have come up with. I know that the BoD mulled over many different home kit designs - some of which I reckon could have seen supporters arguing intensely about the decision. Maybe the BoD will pull one of those options out the hat for next season, so I'm saying nothing, just in case!

I was pretty pleased to see that my third kit 'Dortmund' idea was enthusiastically adopted by JD Sports - who were very upbeat about their ability to produce a nice vibrant yellow, and also the away kit is pretty close - the idea for red with two vertical black and white stripes is actually REAs - and I think it was a good idea.

Who knows what lies in store for next season...

Preferred your home top and away kit, but prefer the actual third kit. Not a fan of black shorts in our home kit - never have been. Got to be white for me.

It's obvious they based all three kit designs on yours, which are all really good designs.

BTW is there an ignore function on the forum? I'd like to be rid of the monotonous little turd who's infecting every thread with pompous crap.

Thanks in advance.

You'll need to narrow that down a bit, mate.

:)

Preferred your home top and away kit, but prefer the actual third kit. Not a fan of black shorts in our home kit - never have been. Got to be white for me.

It's obvious they based all three kit designs on yours, which are all really good designs.

White shorts and socks is my preference for the home kit too - hence this season's design! I went with black this time because of the thicker black stripes in the shirt design - and to make it different from this season.

My third kit design was actually as shown above, but without any white and black vertical stripes at all - just a yellow V neck. REA came up with the away design, and asked me to visualise the third kit showing the same stripes as the away kit.

All three designs weren't set in stone as shown above - they were the basis for further discussion at board level and at JD. As I said, personally, I really like what they've done with the three designs in regard to taking them and giving them a shakedown.

White shorts and socks is my preference for the home kit too - hence this season's design! I went with black this time because of the thicker black stripes in the shirt design - and to make it different from this season.

My third kit design was actually as shown above, but without any white and black vertical stripes at all - just a yellow V neck. REA came up with the away design, and asked me to visualise the third kit showing the same stripes as the away kit.

All three designs weren't set in stone as shown above - they were the basis for further discussion at board level and at JD. As I said, personally, I really like what they've done with the three designs in regard to taking them and giving them a shakedown.

I do really like all three kits, having taken an instant dislike to the home one due to the yellow in it, and the fact that initially we were only shown the top, and being predominantly black, I imagined it with black shorts/socks. Luckily this wasn't the case, and it's grown on me steadily.

You'll need to narrow that down a bit, mate.

smile.png

He's the twat playing hangman on the rumours forum, who's too morbidly obese to fit into football tops, fueling a rage against any adults who can fit into them.

wink.png

Edited by Soctty

All three look good. The only thing i don't like there is the white next to yellow on the 3rd kit

The wife got my new long sleeved black and white top yesterday while shopping in Braehead yesterday. I’ve yet to see it but arrive home just before the Newcastle game so will be wearing it for that. Wife said the Paisley pattern looks unusual on a football top but not in a bad way though you can only notice the pattern up close. Sounds good to me.

2013-2014 Season Ticket = Check

2013 2014 Saints Top = Check

The wife got my new long sleeved black and white top yesterday while shopping in Braehead yesterday. I’ve yet to see it but arrive home just before the Newcastle game so will be wearing it for that. Wife said the Paisley pattern looks unusual on a football top but not in a bad way though you can only notice the pattern up close. Sounds good to me.

2013-2014 Season Ticket = Check

2013 2014 Saints Top = Check

2013-2014 Season Ticket - Check

2013-2014 Saints Glenmuir golf shirts from the wonderful human being that is AWP - Check.

2013-2014 Loss of sanity around the Christmas fixture period - Check.

2013-2014 Unrealistic expectations in place - Check.

2013-2014 Supply of clean pants for post-split fixtures - Check.

2013-2014 Scottish Cup Winners merchandise - On order.

Bring it on. thumbup2.gif