Buddie Arrested For Free Speech!

An ancient Buddie who posts on here - DSS - was arrested because of intervention by Celtic officials for shouting FREE PALESTINE.

He's currently in Mill Street Incommunicado for this!!!

A Buddie who sits (most of the time!) behind DL's Dugout.

That was all he was shouting but - according to the Celtic Officials - this is religious hatred and bigotry - according to the Scottish Laws. They are experts in interpreting and abusing any such laws so they are probably in the 'right'. :angry:

Apparently they don't have enough officialdom and refereees on their side.

Will keep youse posted....

Now released but photographed, fingerprinted and charged...

A Buddie who has had an entirely crime-free life and has tried to do his best for others.

FREE PALESTINE!

THAT is now against the law in Scotland.

Makes you proud to be a Scot.... :(

It seems an odd thing to shout at a football match.

As for "that was all he shouted"?

Maybe but I'd never trust any football fan when it comes to this sort of thing.

Maybe I wouldn't either.

However.... he has been my close friend for 60 years. I know him.

He doesn't drink (a bore like you) and VERY seldom swears (unlike me).

An ancient Buddie who posts on here - DSS - was arrested because of intervention by Celtic officials for shouting FREE PALESTINE.

That was all he was shouting but - according to the Celtic Officials - this is religious hatred and bigotry - according to the Scottish Laws. They are experts in interpreting and abusing any such laws so they are probably in the 'right'. mad.gif

I see the big Sellic security guard or something talking to the polis and they went up and pulled the guy out of the crowd at half time.

I also witnessed Lennon green teeth call Goodwin a fanny after he put in a fair and decent tackle.

I reserve the right to keep my trap shut on this Topic.

I'm still in such a hyper happy Hampden mood, i dinnae want to fall out with any buddie .

I'll move on to new posts elsewhere.

Edited by shull

a good friend of mine i was sititng with him - celtic minders at their best taunting the polis to do something over nothing - yet they let the vile rehtoric come out of NL mouth as he played up to the celtic support and taunted the ssaints support - if he was a fan he be kicked out but it goes unchallenged and ignored.

That was all he was shouting but - according to the Celtic Officials - this is religious hatred and bigotry - according to the Scottish Laws. They are experts in interpreting and abusing any such laws so they are probably in the 'right'. mad.gif

You can blame Kenny McAskill the clown minister that drafted up this stupid legislation. It absolutely curbs freedom of speech and it is anti freedom, like so much of the Scottish governments actions.

Something really needs to get done when this vermin visit our stadium, they basically do and sing what they want and nothing is done, but when supporters of the so called smaller teams visit they are ejected for doing half what these scumbags do, and it now seems our own supporters are being arrested too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beram_Kayal

Mr. Kayal is an Arab-Isreali who may be a supporter of the Palestinian cause.

DSS was arrested because a member of the Celtic security asked the police to arrest him.

DSS was handcuffed within the stadium and taken the Police office at Mill Street where was charged, photographed, and finger printed, and given no paperwork on the charge/charges despite requesting a copy.

Why do we allow Celtic to bring their own security and minders to St Mirren Park? They are nowhere to be seen when all their fans stand in an all seated ground, when Neil lennon and fans invade the pitch, when Neil Lennon swears and gestures at opposition fans, or when Celtic fans sing some of their dubious songs.

For the record I don't think "Free Palestine" has much place being shouted at a football match or at a Jewish footballer, but it also strikes me that it is a positive political aspiration that was being shouted rather than a negative comment, or sectarian or racist abuse.

We had Celtic fans reporting a ballboy to the police, celtic calling for Phil to be sacked and now this... can't they just concentrate on keeping their own house in order.

Perhaps the police would have been wiser to be seen to warn DSS rather than arrest and charge?