Buddie Arrested For Free Speech!

Bearing in mind the information below, I would like to ask how the Cetic security dealt with that show of solidarity for the Palestinian cause.

"It was reported on the Al Jazeera website that on Celtic's last game of the 2011-12 season the Green Brigade organised a display of solidarity with Palestinian prisoners on hunger strike. This featured a banner reading "Dignity is More Precious than Food" alongside a flurry of Palestinian flags. A spokesman for the ultras groups is reported to have stated: "We did this in solidarity, to raise awareness and because it's the right thing to do. We want Palestinians to know we are thinking about them and encourage Scottish civil society to look at the injustice in Palestine."[8]

Celtic officials got DDS arrested so that in future the statistics will show an arrest of a fan at a Celtic game for religious hatred. The stats will not show what he was arrested for.

This is purely Celtic building up stats in there favour to get what they want and it will show that it happens at grounds other than ibrox.

Celtic FC have no shame.

I dont like this at all.

Would these Celtic security guys have the SLIGHTEST idea what DSS was on about? no, I'm sure they wouldn't.

And it seems DSS was holding the same view as that displayed by thousands of Green Brigade members in the past..

And what if a Saints security man had pointed something like that out to the police at Celtic Park? would there have been an arrest? not a chance.

This is just so bad in so many ways.

And yes, Neil Lennon.......FFS. That incident was a perfect example of why nobody likes him....nothing to do with being a Norn Irn Kafflik.......

So someone gets arrested for saying something. Did anyone get arrested for letting off a red smoke flare in a crowded enclosed stand? Not sure how many stadium laws/regs were broken in that incident.

Exactly... 5 minutes after they'd been protesting about 'no to fan criminalisation'! Ridiculous!!

So someone gets arrested for saying something. Did anyone get arrested for letting off a red smoke flare in a crowded enclosed stand? Not sure how many stadium laws/regs were broken in that incident.

I asked a police officer at the end of the game where my friend was and he told me had been arrested and taken to Mill Street.

I asked him if it was Saint's own security who was responsible for the Cetic end, or did they bring their own.

He said it was the police who were responsible.

I asked how someone got in with a flare and he said they can't check everyone.

I also asked why they were allowed to stand and were not all arrested.

He replied there are too many of them.

I suggested they could line up 100 paddy wagons along Greenhill Road and take them away throughout the game.

Referring to the police transport as "paddy wagons" did amuse him.

I have said it before this nonsense comes from the very top at c****c they think the antics of NL is totally acceptable....

Has there ever been a crowd of people that have some many chips on their shoulder???

Politcs, religion, race etc etc have no place in sport so we shouldn't allow ourselves to be dragged into simple as that!!!!

I asked a police officer at the end of the game where my friend was and he told me had been arrested and taken to Mill Street.

I asked him if it was Saint's own security who was responsible for the Cetic end, or did they bring their own.

I suggested they could line up 100 paddy wagons along Greenhill Road and take them away throughout the game.

They could start by removing a row at a time.

Nothing to do with the police it was the big fat security guy with the goatee beard that got the man lifted as he chatted a good 5 mins with the 2 officers that lifted the man

I'm not saying he should have been arrested if all he has said is FREE PALESTINE.

However, please inform your friend if he would like to shout pish like this, kindly f'k off and do it elsewhere. It has nothing to do with St Mirren FC and don't understand why someone would shout that during a football match in the Scottish Premier League.

Now , that reminds me of a song I got at school about the Bold Gendarmes, "when we meet a helpless woman or little boys who do no harm, we run them in ,we run them in , to sho that we are the bold Gendarmes". .

What the rozzers are saying , is that , if there are enough of you , they turn a blind eye to civil disobedience. .

I remember we played the other half at Loves Street , in a game that had been put back because der hunn was away getting beaten by Zenits St Petersburg. A chap in the NB produced a small St Petersburg flag and held it up toward the zombies. A rozzer wearing a hat with scrabbled egg on it told the lad to put the flag away. Meanwhile , at halftime a massive bigot flag was unfurrled in the away end. The lad in the NB asked the rozzers why that was allowed and he said that the lad in the NB would have to ask the rozzers in the away end. .

It is a numbers game. .

At one point today , it sounded like the whole stadium was singing , "If you hate Craig Burley etc. ."

Edited by saintnextlifetime

Like all of you I too am a bit confused as to why he shouted that. But Celtic are trying to raise there figures for stats for religious hatred against them.

However, the bit that really annoys me is that if you you are an old firm fan you can behave in any vulgar manner you like and if you are not an old firm fan then you even slightly annoy either the club or there fans (of both sides of the old firm) you will be made an example of.

Surely this type of behaviour from the authorities just encourages old firm fans to act like animals?