Buddie Arrested For Free Speech!

Rightly or wrongly that would be the key to why Celtic officials made a complaint to the Police as obviously it has offended an Israeli citizen sitting on the Celtic bench. My own opinion is these sorts of shouts have no place in a football stadium.

My only hope is that HSS does not get hammered for this though I think he will be made as an example of given the publicity lately of these sort of things at football matches , I can see a hefty fine coming and the possibility of being banned from football stadiums for a year or so going by previous punishments handed out.

For the record it's DSS not HSS that was lifted yesterday.

Without wishing to read the mind of DSS, I do have a theory as to why he shouted the phrase he did and why there was such a huge over-reaction, in my opinion.

Many people, myself included, support a commercial and cultural boycott of the state of Israel, including the realm of sport. This, along with pressure from business leaders, lead to the apartheid system falling apart in the early 1990's. Those old enough to remember the rugby tours and rebel cricket tours (Mike Gatting - "it was just a couple of people dancing") will know where I am coming from.

I know, particularly for Dave J, this won't answer why DSS said what he did, but I understand why he did, at least.

The state has, almost since inception, conducted itself in a shameful way, all in the name of self-defence. Laughable, were it not so serious, given that for every Israeli killed since 1948, four Palestinians have been killed as part of the conflict, often including children.

I realise this is not the place for political discussion, so I'll go back to the repercussions of what DSS said.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, any criticism of the Israeli state is viewed as anti-semitic by a great number of people, as a result of pressure from the very powerful pro-Israeli lobby. This has most likely lead to the quite ridiculous reaction by the police, albeit indirectly.

I am of the opinion that had he championed the Israeli cause, he would have been there to see wee Gowser net against the horrible wee turd's team.

"Keep Politics Out of Sport" was one of the slogans used by the organisations who supported the apartheid-era regime in South Africa, including Th*****r's government at the time.

Free the Main Stand One!!!!

I'm not a big shouter at games, but yesterday, as Celtic players surrounded Bobby Madden after the red card, I shouted 'Send Samaras off for being a dick!'

I just felt like doing it. It just blurted out. I was a baw' hair away from shouting 'No World Cup in Qatar' Say no to FIFA corruption!' Thank fcuk I just called a long haired unshaven Greek bloke a penis.

Cute, you managed to avoid reference to the finish on the greeks bell end..............that was a most effective guarded piece of abuse hurl, innately observing the PC sensitivity around the populace of hostile travellers.

Given that no one but desperately seeking Susan's can see inside his mind nor know what he was thinking at the time and thus be able to speak for him, your persistence is baffling, davej...? unsure.png

And I'd see it as less a political statement than as an aspiration of human rights. Is that a heinous crime, in your book?

Unless DSS has a proven history of being involved in the Palestinian cause or a deep understanding of it then it's highly likely he made that comment purely and solely because the recipient was an Israeli. That wouldn't be a political statement. It would be racism - pure and simple and exactly the sort of thing which the law was intended to stamp out.

If that's what he has done, he was hijacking a serious and worthy cause with the sole purpose of attacking another man's race.

The courts will decide if that was racism but if you truly are a friend of DSS you'll stop telling him what he wants to hear and explain to him the importance of building evidence of his historical pro-Palestinian background and deep understanding of the issues in that part of the world because he'll look like a knuckle dragging neanderthal racist in court if he can't produce it.

Political or otherwise, your friend has behaved like a twat and will be rightly punished.

We just don't need that sort of shit at football matches as more or less every single person on this forum has said over the last 10 years or so when criticising the OF for the same thing.

Perhaps, as Kayal is an Arab-Israeli, DSS believes he has an ally for his beliefs. It's how DSS expresses his support for the people of Palestinian who he believes have been let down by others.

Do you seriously think we're all zipped up the back?

Be a true friend to him and tell him to stop acting like a twat.

Unless DSS has a proven history of being involved in the Palestinian cause or a deep understanding of it then it's highly likely he made that comment purely and solely because the recipient was an Israeli. That wouldn't be a political statement. It would be racism - pure and simple and exactly the sort of thing which the law was intended to stamp out.

If that's what he has done, he was hijacking a serious and worthy cause with the sole purpose of attacking another man's race.

The courts will decide if that was racism but if you truly are a friend of DSS you'll stop telling him what he wants to hear and explain to him the importance of building evidence of his historical pro-Palestinian background and deep understanding of the issues in that part of the world because he'll look like a knuckle dragging neanderthal racist in court if he can't produce it.

Political or otherwise, your friend has behaved like a twat and will be rightly punished.

We just don't need that sort of shit at football matches as more or less every single person on this forum has said over the last 10 years or so when criticising the OF for the same thing.

I would challenge any prosecutor in the land to prove that the call was directed at a specific player. That is supposition, and this has no place in a court of law. Even were it directed at the player, it is not a direct abuse of his racial background. When people called for Nelson Mandela to be liberated, was that racist abuse of white South Africans?

I would challenge any prosecutor in the land to prove that the call was directed at a specific player. That is supposition, and this has no place in a court of law. Even were it directed at the player, it is not a direct abuse of his racial background. When people called for Nelson Mandela to be liberated, was that racist abuse of white South Africans?

About to post something similar, although clearly not as articulate as what you have said Drew.

Maybe, maybe not. Neither of us are lawyers though.

According to posts above, he has been formally charged so we'll find out soon enough.

If he was my friend he'd have a sore ear this morning for engaging in infantile shit like that at a football game.

Maybe, maybe not. Neither of us are lawyers though.

According to posts above, he has been formally charged so we'll find out soon enough.

If he was my friend he'd have a sore ear this morning for engaging in infantile shit like that at a football game.

Indeed, I have some integrity, FFSwhistling.gif

For the record it's DSS not HSS that was lifted yesterday.

More's the pity. One less cabbie pleading poverty and squealing for a tip would be no bad thing!whistling.giflol.gif

For the record DSS ALSO drives taxis. :P

Do you seriously think we're all zipped up the back?

Be a true friend to him and tell him to stop acting like a twat.

Your posts are continung evidence of your unparalled twattery.

Nothing about FREE PALESTINE is directed at Israelis, but it is directed at Zionism. Many Israelis share DSS's point of view.

Since his 20s, when he travelled in the region gaining first-hand experience of the injustice being meted out, he has been a firmly proactive pro-Palestinian. Sometimes to his own discomfort.

As a true friend (I doubt you have experience of such a relationship) I admire him unreservedly.

He should be hammered, it took me ages to remove all they Renfrewshire Cab Company Cards from the window of my vehicle yesterday. bangin.giflol.gif

while we are talking about your vehicle, did you not notice that in your exit from the ground via the wrong gate, you ran over the toes of a young saints fan who did not expect a car to be going out of that gate

I'm not a big shouter at games, but yesterday, as Celtic players surrounded Bobby Madden after the red card, I shouted 'Send Samaras off for being a dick!'

I just felt like doing it. It just blurted out. I was a baw' hair away from shouting 'No World Cup in Qatar' Say no to FIFA corruption!' Thank fcuk I just called a long haired unshaven Greek bloke a penis.

I shouted "Samaras is just upset cause his money is in a Cypriot bank."

For the record DSS ALSO drives taxis. :P

Your posts are continung evidence of your unparalled twattery.

Nothing about FREE PALESTINE is directed at Israelis, but it is directed at Zionism. Many Israelis share DSS's point of view.

Since his 20s, when he travelled in the region gaining first-hand experience of the injustice being meted out, he has been a firmly proactive pro-Palestinian. Sometimes to his own discomfort.

As a true friend (I doubt you have experience of such a relationship) I admire him unreservedly.

And from this I assume he shouts this phrase at every game he attends? I think not. There is an element of the pot and kettle on this forum by some posters!

There is disgust at Celtic politicising football with their pro IRA chants and banners, but yet some are happy to defend this idiot on the basis of his political views..... If we want condone this individuals views then lets let Celtic fans use football as a platform to air their opinions.

Personally I would concur with others that this comment was racially motivated on the basis of the of two Celtic players in the team

Why do you believe being pro Palestinian means your are anti Israel?

Tell these people that they are anti Israel.

http://jfjfp.com/

Should all the St. Mirren supporters who booed Alex Salmond when he turned up to officially open New St. Mirren Park make their way to Mill Street and turn themselves in?

Were they not making a political statement?

the man let us down, he sank to their level. He had no right to expect that kayal could or would do anything about palestine. similarly, he had no right to expect that his protest would be heard beyond the dozen or so people around him.

maybe he takes any and every opportunity to berate israelis by picketing embassies and businesses, i dont know. if he is so passionate then it is a wonderful thing for him that he has been arrested and has gained publicity for his heartfelt cause. He is now a political prisoner and a martyr, just like the celtic heroes.

But just maybe he was a daft (and by this example nasty) person who used the plight of thousands of people to get at a celtic player-that is actually quite obnoxious

And from this I assume he shouts this phrase at every game he attends? I think not. There is an element of the pot and kettle on this forum by some posters!

There is disgust at Celtic politicising football with their pro IRA chants and banners, but yet some are happy to defend this idiot on the basis of his political views..... If we want condone this individuals views then lets let Celtic fans use football as a platform to air their opinions.

Personally I would concur with others that this comment was racially motivated on the basis of the of two Celtic players in the team

And there rests the case for the prosecution, M'Lawd!

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!!!!!