Buddie Arrested For Free Speech!

Maybe, maybe not. Neither of us are lawyers though.

According to posts above, he has been formally charged so we'll find out soon enough.

If he was my friend he'd have a sore ear this morning for engaging in infantile shit like that at a football game.

The problem is you won't find out soon enough.

The Procurator Fiscal can take a while to consider his actions.

My money is a decision coming after the end of the season.

The problem is you won't find out soon enough.

The Procurator Fiscal can take a while to consider his actions.

My money is a decision coming after the end of the season.

Someone I know got arrested at Crappielow at a Renfrewshire Cup Final recently.He had done nothing wrong and was lifted for nothing.The charge was dropped,never even made it to Court.The individual was contacted by St Mirren the week after the incident to tell him his ST was suspended and he would not be welcome back at SMP until the incident was concluded.

Wonder if Lennons minders heard DSS properly

"Free Palestine" two words , and four syllables

Could sound like another two words ( also four syllables ), amongst all the shouting at the match,and that the minders putting forward the complaint , could be suggesting that the abuse was aimed at Lennon.

And from this I assume he shouts this phrase at every game he attends? I think not. There is an element of the pot and kettle on this forum by some posters!

There is disgust at Celtic politicising football with their pro IRA chants and banners, but yet some are happy to defend this idiot on the basis of his political views..... If we want condone this individuals views then lets let Celtic fans use football as a platform to air their opinions.

Personally I would concur with others that this comment was racially motivated on the basis of the of two Celtic players in the team

Inane assumption.

As are the others made by diddies assuming he meant it badly or was directing it as an insult.

FWIW, Kayal is an Israeli, an Arab-Israeli and proud of that. I believe that previously he has given a thumbs-up to support for a Free Palestine.

So, if it was racially motivated it would have been in a positive manner.

However, as I wasn't at the game, callers, my bum is as much oot the windae making up things as all others on this thread who are trying to fill gaps to suit their agendas.

FTOF.

By the way I was wearing a Che Guevara T shirt yesterday. Could that now be banned in football stadiums?

I also have a Free Tibet t shirt. Is that a banned item?

I used to have a 'Wynona Ryder went shoplifting and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.' It didn't get me arrested but it did piss off the security guy at Los Angeles airport on my way back home... punk.gif

Inane assumption.

As are the others made by diddies assuming he meant it badly or was directing it as an insult.

FWIW, Kayal is an Israeli, an Arab-Israeli and proud of that. I believe that previously he has given a thumbs-up to support for a Free Palestine.

So, if it was racially motivated it would have been in a positive manner.

However, as I wasn't at the game, callers, my bum is as much oot the windae making up things as all others on this thread who are trying to fill gaps to suit their agendas.

لك يا سيدى هى الخيانة الأحمق

I was going to shout FREE NELSON MANDELA, but the hospital said he'd not be out and about til next week mibbe... whistling.gif

We're about to reach the "Chairman Mao" phase I fear , in that Nelson will be Pan Breed but it won't be made public for sometime !

An ancient Buddie who posts on here - DSS - was arrested because of intervention by Celtic officials for shouting FREE PALESTINE.

He's currently in Mill Street Incommunicado for this!!!

A Buddie who sits (most of the time!) behind DL's Dugout.

That was all he was shouting but - according to the Celtic Officials - this is religious hatred and bigotry - according to the Scottish Laws. They are experts in interpreting and abusing any such laws so they are probably in the 'right'. :angry:

Apparently they don't have enough officialdom and refereees on their side.

Will keep youse posted....

If the above is an accurate account of what happened then this is daft on two accounts.

1. DSS was daft he shouldn't have shouted it.

2. Why was he not warned to keep quiet or he could be arrested?

I have heard worse go unpunished at every OF game.

Perhaps in 1940's Germany if you didn't show your support of the Nazis at a football game you could have found yourself disappearing.

You're right. Some people who failed to acknowledge the Führer at public and sporting events did actually disappear.

while we are talking about your vehicle, did you not notice that in your exit from the ground via the wrong gate, you ran over the toes of a young saints fan who did not expect a car to be going out of that gate

If it's an April Fool, it's shite. Edited by shull

You can tell the season is over, everyone has come down from the high of winning the league cup and suddenly realized it can't get any better than this for the remainder of the season, so the sniping at each other starts, you must also suffer the bad times to savour the good times.

If anyone has any doubt about the power of CCTV at our ground it is well worth seeing the system in action during one of the stadium tours.

I reckon they could make a terrific end of season montage of many posters on here based on the highs and lows of following St Mirren.

Another marketing opperchancity - could be part on next seasons ST deal!

Edited by Bud the Baker

I'm sure it won't be long before El Dicko will be along to throw fuel on the fire with stories about Ruud Gullit's game at Love St in September 1983 when he was booed by large sections of the crowd for a poor challenge on a Saints player.

The footage below is from the away leg for any historians. We never seemed to play well in white shorts with that particular strip.

El Dicko will also no doubt bring up the Aiden McGeady - "Where in Ireland is Glasgow?" - banter when the Celtic team bus left Love St.

El Dicko will no doubt have a catalogue of racist abuse involving St Mirren fans that he will hand over to the authorities to ensure DSS is locked up and banned from football for life.

El Dicko will argue that he is doing DSS a favour as St Mirren are not a football team.

El Dicko will probably also come on and demand that all community grants should be repaid by St Mirren FC as a direct result of these actions.

Well since you've mentioned me more than three times I feel the need to respond. :rolleyes:

I was actually staying off the topic because I don't believe that what DSS has said supposed to have said is illegal or that he should have been arrested for it. I do think he is a twat for using a football match as the venue for his political statement and I do think he's a fool if he thinks any Celtic player of Israeli descent can do anything to assist in freeing Palestine. But arrested? Well that seems like a waste of taxpayers money to me - unless it's not quite as has been reported by Bluto. If it is then hopefully the Procurator Fiscal will ensure the case is dropped before it ever gets to the courts.

The kind of "nanny state" which doesn't want people to think it's OK for other people to be targetted for comments based on their race?

Nonsense............

The thought police will be amongst any time soon at this rate.

Common sense and pragmatism shot tae phuck all for the peddling of pc nonsense............

I wonder what the constable's number was ?!

ive read 3 pages of this, based on this my thoughts are - why shout it at a fitba game - its fitba its not religious or political its not a platform to raise your views on anything other than your love for you team.

and its the same old story of them and us - there are more of them they can do what they like end of. Dont agree with but never see it changing. Just get on with supporting our team and feck them they really are insignificant in this huge life we lead.

Or jail all 3, then start a "Free the St Mirren three" campaign.

I liked the start of your post to jail all 3. Not too sure about starting a campaign to release them.

As one of the famous 3 would say. F**kem.