Buddie Arrested For Free Speech!

In my opinion the orignal poster got upset when most of this forum saw it for what it was a trivial matter and him and his pals threw their toys out of the pram when lots of people did not agree with the indignation of the aforementioned person getting lifted,

There is a good chane this case won't even come to court.

If you want to shout political slogans at a football match I think you deserve everything you get.

Bumping your gums about this for months on end is not going to change anything, and trying to compare it with previous matches is petty.

I was at the previous celtic cup game and these stewards had done the same thing for a guy calling neil lennon a balaclava wearing bastard, which put two officers in the area of the dugout for the rest of the match, so the paisley police will have been looking for this kind of thing at the league game also.

Guest TPAFKATS

In my opinion the orignal poster got upset when most of this forum saw it for what it was a trivial matter and him and his pals threw their toys out of the pram when lots of people did not agree with the indignation of the aforementioned person getting lifted,

If you want to shout political slogans at a football match I think you deserve everything you get.

Bumping your gums about this for months on end is not going to change anything, and trying to compare it with previous matches is petty.

I was at the previous celtic cup game and these stewards had done the same thing for a guy calling neil lennon a balaclava wearing bastard, which put two officers in the area of the dugout for the rest of the match, so the paisley police will have been looking for this kind of thing at the league game also.

Has he been out stealing from the neighbour's washing lines?

Are you seriously not intelligent enough to spot the vast chasm of difference between the two incidents?

Maybe DSS will be found guilty and maybe he'll be let off. Either way, you trying to paint the two scenarios as the same thing amounts to you trying to treat us like idiots.

I think it must be your lack of intelligence that's preventing you from seeing the direct correlation.

Or maybe you ARE an idiot.... :unsure:

I think it must be your lack of intelligence that's preventing you from seeing the direct correlation.

Is there any truth you're having a chapter added to the Bible to celebrate the good, honourable, noble and frankly heroic deeds of DSS?

I also heard that Will I Am is being sounded out to produce a funky song and video to go with it.

As exciting as this sounds I think you might be overdoing the hero worshipping.

It almost sounds like guilt.

Did you fool around with his wife or something and now you're overcompensating to make it up to him?

Edited by oaksoft

Race is a classification system used to categorise humans into large and distinct populations or groups by anatomical, cultural, ethnic, genetic, geographical, historical, linguistic, religious, or social affiliation.

Therefore your ill informed opinion that those from Palestine and Israel are not part of a race is frankly ludicrous defence of this individual.

A Race has distinct physical characteristics. Are all Catholics a Race, or all facebook Users a Race? Are all folk fae Arran a Race? Naw, of course not ya Ill informed zoomer...

BTW, I'm not defending anyone, but I suppose I am defending free speech if anything and challenging twats like you and Oaksoft putting out frankly ludicrous, ill-informed shite.

Stop the West Bank Occupation!

I notice the bloke has more downloads than the female, what does that tell you about our forum users.

Most are male? Perhaps having a look with the possible intention of buying such an outfit, perhaps to wear at a Fancy dress doo or even a football match?

Edited by Vambo57

Waded my way through 11 pages of this crap.......................................... sorry what he said had no place at a St Mirren football match. thumbdown.gif

If he wants to espouse his political beliefs he has every right to do so, but push them somewhere else, like County Square, and then see what reaction he gets from passers-by, police or alternative thinkers to his cause, so be it.

Please close the subject - almost a non-buddies post, or place it in general nonsense.bye1.gif

Waded my way through 11 pages of this crap.......................................... sorry what he said had no place at a St Mirren football match. thumbdown.gif

If he wants to espouse his political beliefs he has every right to do so, but push them somewhere else, like County Square, and then see what reaction he gets from passers-by, police or alternative thinkers to his cause, so be it.

Please close the subject - almost a non-buddies post, or place it in general nonsense.bye1.gif

Aye come on here and tell people what they can and can't freely discuss - on a public forum designed to let people talk.

There's a growing number of you who do that.

Oaksoft: "Aye come on here and tell people what they can and can't freely discuss - on a public forum designed to let people talk.

There's a growing number of you who do that."

My point was: sorry what he said had no place at a St Mirren football match. Like it or not he was making a political comment which he wouldn't have done if it was an under 20's match between St Mirren and Queen of the South (e.g).

He chose to push his beliefs aimed at specific players that play for Celtic. Sorry I don't think that has a place at St Mirren Park.

That's my point and 11 pages of debate, including some biased opinion on Hammas propoganda (or alternatively pro-Israeli) for example, has nothing to do with St Mirren.

I'm not taking sides, there are plenty of alternative sites to push your political opnion and to argue out your cause, but tell me this, why did he choose to shout it at all at a match involving St Mirren. I'm stumped for a sensible answer!

Hence I pose the point, it has no place at St Mirren park and if you decide to shout something of that nature, then take the consequences that come your way.

Oaksoft: "Aye come on here and tell people what they can and can't freely discuss - on a public forum designed to let people talk.

There's a growing number of you who do that."

My point was: sorry what he said had no place at a St Mirren football match. Like it or not he was making a political comment which he wouldn't have done if it was an under 20's match between St Mirren and Queen of the South (e.g).

He chose to push his beliefs aimed at specific players that play for Celtic. Sorry I don't think that has a place at St Mirren Park.

That's my point and 11 pages of debate, including some biased opinion on Hammas propoganda (or alternatively pro-Israeli) for example, has nothing to do with St Mirren.

I'm not taking sides, there are plenty of alternative sites to push your political opnion and to argue out your cause, but tell me this, why did he choose to shout it at all at a match involving St Mirren. I'm stumped for a sensible answer!

Hence I pose the point, it has no place at St Mirren park and if you decide to shout something of that nature, then take the consequences that come your way.

What side you take is up to you.

I'm taking you to task on coming on here and requesting to have a discussion thread closed down.

You're NOT a liar.

If you had read this thread you'll have seen countless references to Political stuff being spouted (even on the hoardings) at GHR. Also that Shellic supporters have several times had vociferous support and banners declaiming that at their games.

Such things being said at scottish football matches is commonplace.

Edited cos I am terrified by 59ers threats of litigation.

Abject apology added below....

Edited by bluto

Bluto, I take exception to being called a "liar".

I read every page, including the Hammas diatribe. Yes political rantings are made at football grounds, but time and time again I've read on this very site that St Mirren fans should rise above the political machinations of other clubs and try not to get dragged into their neanderthal rantings.

You were happy to criticise and wrongly call me a liar, however you failed to answer "why did he choose to shout it at all at a match involving St Mirren"?

I read every page, including the Hammas diatribe. Yes political rantings are made at football grounds, but time and time again I've read on this very site that St Mirren fans should rise above the political machinations of other clubs and try not to get dragged into their neanderthal rantings.

You were happy to criticise and wrongly call me a liar, however you failed to answer "why did he choose to shout it at all at a match involving St Mirren"?

I don't know why. I am not him.

Your question is better directed elsewhere.

If you had read every post, you'd have seen that there is plenty of precedent for such things being called at Scottish football grounds and would not have then questioned the right of shouting - FREE PALESTINE - anywhere in public in Scotland.

Unless you did so in order to be confrontational. And so I guess you succeeded. :P

A rather sensible interpretation of the relevant legislation by a Sheriff today:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-22097356

"Prosecutors are considering appealing the not guilty verdict in the trial of a Celtic fan caught singing a pro-terrorist song at Dundee's Dens Park.

Dion McLeish was cleared at Dundee Sheriff Court of inciting public disorder during Dundee's Boxing Day match against Celtic.

Sheriff Richard Davidson said the legislation under which he was being tried was "horribly drafted".

The Crown Office has confirmed it was preparing an appeal over the verdict.

Mr McLeish, 20, from Clydebank, was filmed by police officers at Dundee's Dens Park ground on Boxing Day singing the song "Roll of Honour", which celebrates IRA and INLA hunger strikers during the Troubles.

But Sheriff Richard Davidson ruled during the trial that police officers could not give "opinion" evidence that the song was linked to proscribed terrorist organisations, and then described the new anti-sectarianism legislation McLeish was tried under as "horribly drafted".

The Crown Office and Scottish government have insisted the laws were "working well" and "taking a hard line on sectarianism".

Denominational schools

The Scottish government said the legislation would be reviewed at the end of the coming football season, with a report to go before the Scottish Parliament by the following summer.

Continue reading the main story Prosecutors have asked for reports to be prepared as they consider an appeal against the ruling in Mr McLeish's case, in which the sheriff stated sectarianism should be tackled by abolishing denominational schools.

A Crown Office spokesman said: "The Crown notes the sheriff's decision in this case. Crown counsel has asked the procurator fiscal for a report in order to consider an appeal in light of the sheriff's comments."

Sheriff Davidson, speaking during a legal debate at Mr McLeish's trial, criticised the laws.

He said: "In this context I think that potentially those who attend Murrayfield and sing Flower of Scotland - there might be a problem."

Not concerned

Referring to the legislation, Sheriff Davidson said: "Somehow the word mince comes to mind."

Mr McLeish was one of four fans who had been arrested at the match, with a further supporter reported to the procurator fiscal.

Finding the 20-year-old not guilty, Sheriff Davidson added: "I've been attending football matches since 1957 and there is nothing I've seen in this particular case that would cause me the slightest concern.

"Sectarianism is a blight on Scottish society, but this isn't the way to tackle it. The way to tackle it is to do away with denominational schools.

"If they can proscribe a list of songs which people are banned from singing, they will find the courts are full and the football grounds are empty." "

Bluto, I don't come on here to 'wind people up' however I do take exception to being called a liar.

"Defences against defamation

: The first is justification (or truth). If the defendant can show that what he wrote is true, he has a complete defence. This is not always easy. You cannot, for example, call someone a liar if you can quote only one falsehood to substantiate your claim. The plaintiff could probably win a libel action unless you showed that he was a habitual liar."

Be careful who and why you call someone a liar especially in print - it could come back to haunt you.

If you genuninely read all the pages of this thread then you are not a liar.

You are how ever in need of a life.............

he should have been ejected by our stewards end of

Good post.

So Bluto has resorted to calling people liars now and totally side-lining the fact that someone disgraced the stripes and the good name of St. Mirren Football Club. I'm becoming more and more convinced with each passing day that Bluto is in reality an Old Firm sympathiser. His behaviour is Old Firm-esque at its very best with Political and Religious ramblings which quite frankly make him sound like a man suffering from serious delusions.

What side you take is up to you.

I'm taking you to task on coming on here and requesting to have a discussion thread closed down.

Have a quick search for "GTPS" and you will see how often requests are made for threads to be bumped out of General St Mirren Discussion.