Buddie Arrested For Free Speech!

Bluto, I don't come on here to 'wind people up' however I do take exception to being called a liar.

"Defences against defamation

: The first is justification (or truth). If the defendant can show that what he wrote is true, he has a complete defence. This is not always easy. You cannot, for example, call someone a liar if you can quote only one falsehood to substantiate your claim. The plaintiff could probably win a libel action unless you showed that he was a habitual liar."

Be careful who and why you call someone a liar especially in print - it could come back to haunt you.

Cos of this post of yours I had a sleepless night, I have amended my post above to point out that you're NOT a liar.

I was erroneously quite wrong in my assumption. My logic was flawed.

Previously I'd enjoyed reading your posts and recognised you as a mature, sensible and interesting poster with a worthwhile perspective on most matters.

So I stupidly believed that for you to suggest that there is no place in football for free speech, despite the evidence presented by all the other posters about there being political slogans around the park at GHR (you'll have read all them too, of course) and despite the photos of organised political protests by Celtic supporters, had to be attributed to you not having read or understood that evidence.

Either you'd not read them or you were nowhere near as mature, sensible and intelligent as I had believed

Obviously my earlier judgement was flawed and so I apologise again. :)

You're certainly NOT a liar.

Edited by bluto

Is everybody still enjoying the 100% Hampden Feelgood Factor ? :whistle

Dunno about feel good.

I watched that DVD yesterday morning and my wummin came back in early and I was er... No greetin... Naw.. I was Er... Suffering from an allergic reaction, possibly.

Dunno about feel good.

I watched that DVD yesterday morning and my wummin came back in early and I was er... No greetin... Naw.. I was Er... Suffering from an allergic reaction, possibly.

Got me again last night after the wee yin demanded to watch the Sportscene highlights for the umpteenth time.

When we watch it, she's got to be St Mirren and me Hearts so guess who gets humiliated throughout and after the Match ?

" Your Team has scored Dad, why are you not cheering ? "

Wee bisom !

Meant to say, shull.

It wisnae the actual physical DVD, but it was posted on YouTube. I found it on p+b.

CHEAPER and more immediate than an Xmas present. :)

Eta: found it for you (for Abby)

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/200467-st-mirren-cup-final-official-doovde-thread/

Edited by bluto

Meant to say, shull.

It wisnae the actual physical DVD, but it was posted on YouTube. I found it on p+b.

CHEAPER and more immediate than an Xmas present. smile.png

Eta: found it for you (for Abby)

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/200467-st-mirren-cup-final-official-doovde-thread/

Brilliant, watched about one minute and i was gone again.

I better get to work.

Me and the wee yin will watch tonight.

Cos of this post of yours I had a sleepless night, I have amended my post above to point out that you're NOT a liar.

Previously I'd enjoyed reading your posts and recognised you as a mature, sensible and interesting poster with a worthwhile perspective on most matters.

So I stupidly believed that for you to suggest that there is no place in football for free speech, despite the evidence presented by all the other posters about there being political slogans around the park at GHR (you'll have read all them too, of course) and despite the photos of organised political protests by Celtic supporters, had to be attributed to you not having read or understood that evidence.

Either you'd not read them or you were nowhere near as mature, sensible and intelligent as I had believed

Obviously my earlier judgement was flawed and so I apologise again.

Bluto, I am flattered by your praise even if it was tinged with a touch of satire!

It is not lost on me that I should raise a matter of libel in a thread that relates to ‘Free Speech’, however you will be well aware that there is a strong and very clear difference between free speech and words directed at an individual without any basis of fact.

The only two venues where I think you could get away with calling me a ‘liar’ would be in a court of law and the Houses of Parliament, however if you decide to attack someone (or libel them) without due cause outside of these locations you open up yourself up to the possible consequences. In both cases the words would be spoken as opposed to written and not put in print other than in Hansard.

Your apology is accepted.

Got me again last night after the wee yin demanded to watch the Sportscene highlights for the umpteenth time.

When we watch it, she's got to be St Mirren and me Hearts so guess who gets humiliated throughout and after the Match ?

" Your Team has scored Dad, why are you not cheering ? "

Wee bisom !

Stop her pocket money! that'll sort her oot!

Brilliant, watched about one minute and i was gone again.

I better get to work.

Me and the wee yin will watch tonight.

I watched it and blubbed away like a wean. I've got a rotten cold and tried to blame it on that but the Mrs. was having none of it. She knows bloody rightly it doesn't take a lot to get me going with St.Mirren. At least none of the kids were here.

Obviously my earlier judgement was flawed and so I apologise again. smile.png

What an arrogant, selfish, self-indulgent, Grade A tosser. thumbdown.gif

• 2 weeks later...