Buddie Arrested For Free Speech!

Some of you seemed surprised to see politics being raised in football but this phenomenon is nothing new; note Socrates Corinthian Democracy movement; Franco and Real Madrid; Carlos Caszeli in Pinochet’s Chile. The list goes on and amusing to read some of the comments and conclusions about me from a being a 'zealot' and 'picking on Kayal'.

My comment 'free Palestine' was not intended for public consumption. I did not 'shout'. The people around me never heard me say it, it was intended for the ears of the player who would have either agreed or disagreed with my statement.

Kayal is an Israeli Arab and his forebears before 1948 would have been Palestinians. Arabs in Israel today are treated as second class citizens, there's absolutely no doubt about that. During the Scottish Cup game, Kayal walked from the bench into the tunnel and when I said it to him he looked up at me, smiled and raised his thumbs.

A Tweet of his also suggested he was sympathetic to the Palestinians. So my last comment was in solidarity with Kayal and for that I was arrested and charged.

Edited by Desperately Seeking Susans

As an officer of the law your input here is useful. Thanks for the initial post.

I appreciate you can't comment on specific incidents so let's take this into the hypothetical world. Imagine a footballing environment (i.e. a situation covered by the new legislation), how should police officers act after being made aware of an individual shouting "Think you're a hard man, Jasper, eh? You're just a fcuking fanny" in an offensive and aggressive manner? Now consider the impact that audio and video evidence of this incident would have on securing a conviction - imagine there was such evidence, do you not think there would be a god chance the PF would persue such a case?

In this hypothetical situation, in your opinion, should the individual be charged under the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012? If not, hypothetically, could you explain why not?

Yes

Audio/Video evidence is excellent in these cases and I would say yes it does come under the new law.

In most cases a complainer is required although that complainer can be the PF(to combat cases where it is the evidence of two police officers who are the witnesses and therefore not deemed the complainers).

It is not outwith the realms of possibilities to prosecute this although it would have stronger foundation if said player/person was to make the complaint official.

I admit there is a degree of fudging here but tbh the answer to your question is yes but chances are this wouldn't be pursued.

Some of you seemed surprised to see politics being raised in football but this phenomenon is nothing new; note Socrates Corinthian Democracy movement; Franco and Real Madrid; Carlos Caszeli in Pinochet’s Chile. The list goes on and amusing to read some of the comments and conclusions about me from a being a 'zealot' and 'picking on Kayal'.

My comment 'free Palestine' was not intended for public consumption. I did not 'shout'. The people around me never heard me say it, it was intended for the ears of the player who would have either agreed or disagreed with my statement.

Kayal is an Israeli Arab and his forebears before 1948 would have been Palestinians. Arabs in Israel today are treated as second class citizens, there's absolutely no doubt about that. During the Scottish Cup game, Kayal walked from the bench into the tunnel and when I said it to him he looked up at me, smiled and raised his thumbs.

A Tweet of his also suggested he was sympathetic to the Palestinians. So my last comment was in solidarity with Kayal and for that I was arrested and charged.

Socrates? Franco? lol.gif Aw FFS gie us a break. Stop justifying what you did.

Edited by oaksoft

Al zheimers - committee member fae the cockles keichyarse bus was huckled at abernethy cheesy biscuits stadium on saturday for shouting "free pallet signs"

On his release from hill street station he denied that he would be posting self indulgent martyrdom pish on the forum for months about it.

Guest somner9

is the free palestinian player any better than what we have already ?

If you say that again you'll be arrested..!

Now are you going to:

A: Pause, Reflect and Refrain (Then go straight to the Tile Bar with your get out of jail free beer tokens)

B: Shout it again (With the certain Knowledge you'll be spending some time opposite a LAGOON, with a future day in court to follow)

What would Jesus/Allah/Yaweh/Elohim/El/Jehovah/Baha 'I ... do?