Michael Higdon

marrez

Muted celebration on Sunday, he's scored against us before and has never really hidden any celebration.

Out of contract in the summer, has nt signed with Motherwell yet, 2+2 = 6?

My thoughts exactly, would imagine there will be championship clubs sniffing about him though.

I would imagine chances of him ending back at us are very slim to none. BUT did he not have options down South and he choose Motherwell over them as his family were settled up here.

I always thought he would be a stick on for Rangers, seems like they are going for Daly instead

He's scored in nearly every game St Mirren V Motherwell since his move there, have his celebrations all been muted or is it just this one that people are making a big deal of?

Have the rest of his celebrations been so wild that this one stood out as muted?

Would love him back, wont happen. I think he has said recently that he wants another contract at Well, and McCall was on the papers yesterday saying he has earmarked 11 first teamers who he wants a contract offered to so I'd imagine they are just getting to the stage of sorting out contracts now.

Made no secret of a "show me the money" approach as he sees this as his final chance of a decent payday. Don't see the SPL showing much sign of being able to meet this. Frankly, a League One club can pay more than anybody up here so I think he'll end up at a Coventry or a Tranmere.

He's scored in nearly every game St Mirren V Motherwell since his move there, have his celebrations all been muted or is it just this one that people are making a big deal of?

Have the rest of his celebrations been so wild that this one stood out as muted?

Would love him back, wont happen. I think he has said recently that he wants another contract at Well, and McCall was on the papers yesterday saying he has earmarked 11 first teamers who he wants a contract offered to so I'd imagine they are just getting to the stage of sorting out contracts now.

He won't sign, but has spoken with the club.

The absence of a celebration will have been a mark of respect, but nothing more than this.

Edited by Drew

He has scored 23 goals this season for Motherwell. He has scored 36 league goals in 67 appearances for Motherwell which is a superb scoring ratio.

Some Saints fans would rather have Billy Mehmet back than Higdon.

Any saints fans who would rather have Mehmet back before Higdon should seek medical advice asap.

he has spoken to the club , i believe he has been asked to sign on again at fir park but has been offered reduced terms and is not happy to accept he's worth less at the end of this season than he was last season, i can see his point as he's still banging them in.

i believe he would sign for us for the same terms offered to him by 'well just to stick it up them, but this would only happen if nobody else offered a better deal, he'll be open to offers and knows we can't and won't get involved in a bidding war due to our sound financial decision making.

Higdon wants a big gig down south......made no secret of that. Might manage a game with Tranmere or the likes, probably increase his basic there at that level in any case , but he is just not good enough for the gig and pay day that he craves.......still nothing wrong with his ambition.

Grateful to him for his time with us....much abused and under appreciated player for ST mirren .......why the feck would he come back ?

Higdon wants a big gig down south......made no secret of that. Might manage a game with Tranmere or the likes, probably increase his basic there at that level in any case , but he is just not good enough for the gig and pay day that he craves.......still nothing wrong with his ambition.

Grateful to him for his time with us....much abused and under appreciated player for ST mirren .......why the feck would he come back ?

I think he's done well for himself at Motherwell. I have a vague memory when he signed for us he was interviewed and said that he wanted to perform well to earn a move down South. That may be why some fans didn't like him? I thought his laziness spoiled his potential.

He won't sign, but has spoken with the club.

The absence of a celebration will have been a mark of respect, but nothing more than this.

Aye I get that but my question was about how he'd celebrated previous goals against us, its not as if it is his first goal against us but its the first time anyone has described the celebration as muted.

Aye I get that but my question was about how he'd celebrated previous goals against us, its not as if it is his first goal against us but its the first time anyone has described the celebration as muted.

What I was getting is that he has spoken to the club recently, so his decision not to celebrate too overtly is probably based on that, and might account for any contrast in how he might have previously celebrated scoring against us.

Made no secret of a "show me the money" approach as he sees this as his final chance of a decent payday. Don't see the SPL showing much sign of being able to meet this. Frankly, a League One club can pay more than anybody up here so I think he'll end up at a Coventry or a Tranmere.

id be delighted if he came to Tranmere

Although i doubt it!

He is a scouser - he did start off at Crewe and he would be a welcome addition to the squad!

However i fondly remember how well Eugine Dadi did for the mighty whites and look how "impressive " he was at Dons and livvytic!