Smisa Supports Stance Of St Mirren Bod On League Reconstruction

Tennant's Lager

Clicky smile.png

In reference of the statement issued today from St Mirren Football Club’s Board of Directors regarding League Reconstruction, SMiSA, the St Mirren Supporters Trust would support the stance taken by the club at this time.

It was established at the Trust’s AGM on the 31st March that the feelings were that the 12-12-18 league setup proposal cannot be looked on favourably and backed at this time.

Edited by Tennant's Lager

Is it really important what SMISA think?

SMISA has invested over £100k into the club on behalf of the supporters over the years,are share holders , have rallied the troops when we have been in trouble and are the only supporters organisation that hold the club to account .

With SG planning to sell they are needed even more

SMISA has invested over £100k into the club on behalf of the supporters over the years,are share holders , have rallied the troops when we have been in trouble and are the only supporters organisation that hold the club to account .

With SG planning to sell they are needed even more

Aye Right, next time Stewart calls me I will remember to make sure he asks your permission before he does anything.

Were you asked about meeting at Celtic game?????

I think you need to wake up a wee bit " Holding the club to account"

Aye Right, next time Stewart calls me I will remember to make sure he asks your permission before he does anything.

Were you asked about meeting at Celtic game?????

I think you need to wake up a wee bit " Holding the club to account"

directors are only custdonions of the club,they come, they go, supporters are left to pick up the pieces,perhaps you should research our past directors history,yes the supporters trust have and will hold the club to account when the shit hits the fan

directors are only custdonions of the club,they come, they go, supporters are left to pick up the pieces,perhaps you should research our past directors history,yes the supporters trust have and will hold the club to account when the shit hits the fan

but is it important what SMISA thinks ?

SMISA represents a very large part of our support

Genuine question:

What proportion would SMiSA claim to represent, and in what way?

I'm not shit-stirring in asking this, simply and genuinely interested.

I know, so when SMiSA speak, are they speaking for the fan's council too then?

no they speak for their members, who expressed their views at the their AGM, and also expressed their views at the Q&A with Stewart Gilmour earlier in the season

clearly Stewart and the board have listened to their vews and that of numerous individual fans

no they speak for their members, who expressed their views at the their AGM, and also expressed their views at the Q&A with Stewart Gilmour earlier in the season

clearly Stewart and the board have listened to their vews and that of numerous individual fans

So, to get it clear in my mind. SMiSA and the fan council share members, but are independent of each other? When SMiSA make an announcement along the lines of they support the latest club statement on re-organisation, this isn't necessarily the views of the fan council? I ask, because I am not a member of SMiSA or the fan council, nor do I want to be. I have checked the new fan council website, and it majors heavily on the council acting as the link, the bridge, the conduit between supporters and the club. So, as a supporter with no links to either group, if I felt the need to contact someone about an issue, I would choose to contact the fan council. I am still unclear though if what I am actually doing is simply contacting an extension of SMiSA, under another name, that name being the fan council.

How many members of the fan council are also SMiSA members, do you happen to know?

Edited by pozbaird

Do I Detect a little bit of Dissent from Poz ? 10,000 Hours Tactics being used here by our Resident Graphic Designer ? thumbdown.gif

I genuinely have no idea what you are on about. I'm not a member of any organised St Mirren fan group, and don't want to be. That's not a reflection on the organised St Mirren fan groups, that's just my choice in life. I have no grouse with SMiSA, I have no grouse with the fan council. So far, in my 37 years of being a fan, I have had zero interaction with either. It's just the same way that I don't want to be a member of the Rush fan club to like the band, I don't want to be a member of a fan group to like the team. I am merely asking if to all intents and purposes, SMiSA and the fan council are the same thing. I genuinely don't know, and I am just asking. What 10000hours has to do with anything is anyone's guess.

Why am I showing dissent towards either SMiSA or the fan council? Have I dissed the work of either group? Questioned them? Raised concerns anywhere about their work, and/or the work of their members? All I am asking is one question that I don't know the answer to, and that question is if the fan council members are also in great part SMiSA members, then aren't the two groups effectively the same thing? ...and subsequently then I suppose, if that is the case, why didn't the club just announce some sort of 'official' SMiSA council to sit with the BoD, with no need to set up a 'new' 'fan council' at all. It could well be of course that many members of the fan council have hee-haw to do with SMiSA and vice-versa. How can I put it any simpler - I don't know, and was just asking.

Edited by pozbaird

I genuinely have no idea what you are on about. I'm not a member of any organised St Mirren fan group, and don't want to be. That's not a reflection on the organised St Mirren fan groups, that's just my choice in life. I have no grouse with SMiSA, I have no grouse with the fan council. So far, in my 37 years of being a fan, I have had zero interaction with either. It's just the same way that I don't want to be a member of the Rush fan club to like the band, I don't want to be a member of a fan group to like the team. I am merely asking if to all intents and purposes, SMiSA and the fan council are the same thing. I genuinely don't know, and I am just asking. What 10000hours has to do with anything is anyone's guess.

Why am I showing dissent towards either SMiSA or the fan council? Have I dissed the work of either group? Questioned them? Raised concerns anywhere about their work, and/or their members? All I am asking is one question that I don't know the answer to, and that question is if the fan council members are also in great part SMiSA members, and if they are, then aren't they the same thing? ...and I subsequently then I suppose, if that is the case, why didn't the club just announce some sort of 'official' SMiSA council to sit with the BoD, with no need to set up a 'new' 'fan council'. It could well be of course that many members of the fan council have hee-haw to do with SMiSA and vice-versa. How can I put it any simpler - I don't know, and was just asking.

Only asking Poz ? I don't want us ever to go down the Road of Fan against Fan - I am sure you will understand my concern ? whistling.gif

Only asking Poz ? I don't want us ever to go down the Road of Fan against Fan - I am sure you will understand my concern ? whistling.gif

No, I'm sorry, I don't understand your concern Bud, or Sid, or whoever you are. I still don't have a fcuking clue what you are on about, or what point you are trying to make. I read this thread, I saw the SMiSA statement, and something in my head wondered about the fan council view - seeing as how they say on their website that they are a link between supporter and club. I then went on to ask my question, which I have no qualms in asking very clearly again.... Are so many members of the fan council also members of SMiSA that to all intents and purposes they are the same thing? If the answer is yes, so be it - if the answer is no, there are many members of the fan council who are not SMiSA members, then so be it.

You crack on though - please tell me straight what it is you think I am saying?

Edited by pozbaird

SMISA and the Fans Council are separate groups.

At the recent SMISA AGM the committee did ask members views on how SMISA moves forward.

The consensus was that SMISA should continue to retain it's independent status - especially as the current BoD are still looking to sell the club, and there is no guarantee that the Fans Council will still exist if the club changes ownership, which I think we would all agree is a fair point.

Given the uncertainty with Scottish football it is good to have a fans organisation ready and able to aid the club and the supporters if there are problems - financially or otherwise.

Thanks Slash... now I know a lot more than I did half an hour ago. Cheers.

You are welcome. Both groups do have people with genuine interest in the club and are all volunteers.

Yes there are some people who have assisted SMISA greatly over the years (and continue to do so) that are now helping with the Fans Council, but SMISA was created by the supporters for the supporters - the other has been instigated by the current BoD.

Both organisations are to be welcomed IMHO.

No argument from me about fan volunteers being welcome, and needed in this football climate.. Your answers have genuinely informed me of a situation I knew little about, not having ties to either SMiSA or the fan council myself. I have met members of both, but as individuals at games, or at the 'Rangers crisis' meetings, or at 10000hours related meetings, but that's it.

You crack on though - please tell me straight what it is you think I am saying?

You can think and say all you want Poz ? a number of people who where caught up in The 10,000 Hours Farce have had that Privilege Removed ? Fan against Fan was my Point ?

You can think and say all you want Poz ? a number of people who where caught up in The 10,000 Hours Farce have had that Privilege Removed ? Fan against Fan was my Point ?

No, sorry. I still have no idea what you are on about, why 10000hours has anything to do with this thread, or your initial response to one of my posts on P1 of this thread. Do me a favour, try it again in English, or failing that, just gie's peace. You've caught me on a bad day with zero tolerance for wanky pish.