Excel 2010 Password Protected

bluto

Got a problem here with receiving an Excel 2010 doc that's been password protected.

We currently work in Office 2007 (OS Vista - business) and usually have no bother opening SUCH FILES.

However, this Excel 2010 doc when we try to click open, it simply leaves us with a blank BLUE screen, istead of opening up the wee box for the password...

If it was B+W it would be more tolerable.

Any wise Buddie got any sensible suggestions of ways round this OR of what could be the problem, please?

Ta...

Got a problem here with receiving an Excel 2010 doc that's been password protected.

We currently work in Office 2007 (OS Vista - business) and usually have no bother opening SUCH FILES.

However, this Excel 2010 doc when we try to click open, it simply leaves us with a blank BLUE screen, istead of opening up the wee box for the password...

If it was B+W it would be more tolerable.

Any wise Buddie got any sensible suggestions of ways round this OR of what could be the problem, please?

Ta...

Try this link....................could possibly help?

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/open-xlsx-spreadsheets-without-using-excel-2010/

PS Joe, get a grip, uncalled for, you don't want banned AGAIN. thumbdown.gif

PPS See the kind of twat that's wanting to be your pal....................you cannie be THAT desperate? lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Has your office 2007 been updated with Service Pack 3? I think there might be a backwards compatibility issue with excel 2010 docs. Do you have access to a machine with a more recent version of Excel on it, or could you email it to someone who has who can then re save it?

......alternatively you could try right click and "save as" default to 2007, and then try opening it, you could always resave as 2010 later (I think pc's have a "save as" option, not sure, I know Max's have 'make alias', so assume so?)

Edited by Eddy

......alternatively you could try right click and "save as" default to 2007, and then try opening it, you could always resave as 2010 later (I think pc's have a "save as" option, not sure, I know Max's have 'make alias', so assume so?)

Something you and your Boyfriend seem to know a lot about...

Thanks, FS and eddy.

After FS's suggested link I thought I'd try an work on it independently.

I got The Boss (she who must be obeyed) to email it/an attachment to my machine, which I opened then...

...it DIDNAE go to a blue screen but I got the wee password box, put in our password and it was aw braw!

Nae bother. :o

Guess mibbe she (as you say eddy) had not got all the necessary updates that I'd mibbe downloaded down the years (my PC is aulder/slower everything than hers). I couldn't get it to work on her machine and was at a loss.

Anyway I saved it as something else and emailed it back. It no works fine on her machine , too.

Magic.

Ta, again. :)