Tv Programmes - Good & Bad

faraway saint

The recent thread about televisions and the happy souls who claim they don't watch TV made me think.....How sad. whistling.gif

So, list TV programmes, good & bad, and why.

Tonight, Britains Got Talent.

Been on for an hour, non stop laughs. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Ant & Dec are brilliant, David Walliams is the perfect foil for Simon Cowell.

The acts, the usual range of shit to pretty good but entertainment, entertainment, entertainment. thumbup2.gif

Well I think this wins the award for most depressing thread of the year.

How do you find time in your day to pollute it with endless hours of shit like this?

In between poetry readings, coffee evenings, model ship building, knitting and looking at Britney Spears on the internet I simply don't have the time or the energy to watch any of your suggestions.

How do you find time in your day to pollute it with endless hours of shit like this?

In between poetry readings, coffee evenings, model ship building, knitting and looking at Britney Spears on the internet I simply don't have the time or the energy to watch any of your suggestions.

You have such a busy life, it's a wonder you manage to find the time to come here and pollute the forum with your shit........................wait, is this a deja vu moment? whistling.gif

Anyway what's your favourite TV programme, c'mon, tell us. thumbup2.gif

Good question, when you consider the amount of time he spends polluting this forum

as opposed to FS who listens to many voices-mostly internal

I was trying to figure out why every Buddies favourite camera man would be hearing voices in his head (something to do with having earphones on maybe?) when it clicked that it was the other FS you were referring to. bangin.gif

Edited by Eddy

If the few people who watch the voice are inany doubt the quote below will ensure there is no 3rd series...........lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

"Britain's Got Talent annihilated The Voice UK in last night's ratings clash, with its joint-highest launch figures ever."

The hit ITV show, featuring returning judges Simon Cowell, Amanda Holden, Alesha Dixon and David Walliams, appealed to a gigantic 9.35 million viewers (10.61 million including +1), and a hefty 36.9% audience share - putting it on a par with 2010's kick-off.

The Voice UK attracted 6.67 million viewers and a 26.8% audience share.

bye1.gifbye1.gifbye1.gif

You have such a busy life, it's a wonder you manage to find the time to come here and pollute the forum with your shit........................wait, is this a deja vu moment? whistling.gif

Anyway what's your favourite TV programme, c'mon, tell us. thumbup2.gif

I don't watch TV so I don't really have one.

I understand shit when I see it though.

Britain's Got Talent and the X Factor are all about finding the odd bit of talent but let's be honest, they are designed to exploit people who shouldn't be allowed near a breadknife so the rest can all laugh at them. That is the real attraction for most people cos let's face it what else are these programmes for?

IMO this is disgusting. I don't even blame Cowell. I blame the millions who sit and enable that exploitation of some pretty vulnerable and damaged people so that a few guys like Cowell can be rich beyond their wildest wet dreams.

News programmes might have been interesting but they insist on dumbing it down to the point where it's genuinely insulting.

I still remember the news item about someone being fined for eating a Mars Bar in a traffic jam. What that news item did NOT need was a special traffic correspondent "on location" standing on the hard shoulder of the M3 holding up a Mars Bar before taking a bite and then a return to the studio for 1 minute of "banter" about how delicious that bar looked.

I'd have liked to watch science programmes but they do my head in. Once I saw a program describing theoretical physics and string theory. In a one hour program I counted they used a coiled spring motion graphic with weird plinky music 43 times so that we truly understood what a "string" was.

They have a documentary on iPlayer now about Isaac Newton. His fascinating story though simply wasn't complete without them interweaving genuine professors talking about him and having shit actors in 1660's character costumes speaking out his diary entries. Seriously - what the absolute f**k!

Are people so genuinely stupid and distracted that they need over-stimulated in this way by TV?

These are just some of the reasons why I don't watch TV.

I could go onto unfunny, middle of the road comedies, overload of soap operas with ridiculous story lines and the absolutel lack of anything intellectually stimulating whatsoever but I've made my point.

ETA: When I think of all those people sitting at home addicted to their TV's I remember Fry and Laurie's brilliant sketch.

Edited by oaksoft

I don't watch TV so I don't really have one.

I understand shit when I see it though.

Britain's Got Talent and the X Factor are all about finding the odd bit of talent but let's be honest, they are designed to exploit people who shouldn't be allowed near a breadknife so the rest can all laugh at them. That is the real attraction for most people cos let's face it what else are these programmes for?

Don't talk bollox. That's your opinion, not the reason I watch, or millions of others, unless you profess to know all of these millions? Exploitation could be aimed at any form of entertainment, as far as I know these poor exploited entrants are not forced to enter. blink.png

As you don't watch them your not really in a position to comment, unless you just like commenting on anything that takes, or doesn't, your fancy?

Last nights BGT was 90 minutes of pure entertainment. Mostly funny moments, something maybe you could do with? wink.png

IMO this is disgusting. I don't even blame Cowell. I blame the millions who sit and enable that exploitation of some pretty vulnerable and damaged people so that a few guys like Cowell can be rich beyond their wildest wet dreams.

I'll not sleep tonight, worrying about these poor people. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

News programmes might have been interesting but they insist on dumbing it down to the point where it's genuinely insulting.

I still remember the news item about someone being fined for eating a Mars Bar in a traffic jam. What that news item did NOT need was a special traffic correspondent "on location" standing on the hard shoulder of the M3 holding up a Mars Bar before taking a bite and then a return to the studio for 1 minute of "banter" about how delicious that bar looked.

I'd have liked to watch science programmes but they do my head in. Once I saw a program describing theoretical physics and string theory. In a one hour program I counted they used a coiled spring motion graphic with weird plinky music 43 times so that we truly understood what a "string" was.

They have a documentary on iPlayer now about Isaac Newton. His fascinating story though simply wasn't complete without them interweaving genuine professors talking about him and having shit actors in 1660's character costumes speaking out his diary entries. Seriously - what the absolute f**k!

Are people so genuinely stupid and distracted that they need over-stimulated in this way by TV?

Nice to know you are in the "we're better than you" club. TBH I'd rather be happy than moaning like a cnut about anything and everything. whistling.gif

These are just some of the reasons why I don't watch TV.

I could go onto unfunny, middle of the road comedies, overload of soap operas with ridiculous story lines and the absolutel lack of anything intellectually stimulating whatsoever but I've made my point.

Indeed you have. snore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gif

Don't talk bollox. That's your opinion, not the reason I watch, or millions of others, unless you profess to know all of these millions? Exploitation could be aimed at any form of entertainment, as far as I know these poor exploited entrants are not forced to enter. blink.png

As you don't watch them your not really in a position to comment, unless you just like commenting on anything that takes, or doesn't, your fancy?

Last nights BGT was 90 minutes of pure entertainment. Mostly funny moments, something maybe you could do with? wink.png

I'll not sleep tonight, worrying about these poor people. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Nice to know you are in the "we're better than you" club. TBH I'd rather be happy than moaning like a cnut about anything and everything. whistling.gif

Indeed you have. snore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gif

That would have had more impact if you hadn't just spent an entire post moaning like a c**t about my viewpoint.

ETA: It's TV for the lowest common denominator in society. If you're happy to watch it then fill yer boots but you did ask.

Edited by oaksoft

Rather than anything and everything? lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Why are you wasting time on here posting.

Isn't it time to switch on to watch the latest thrilling installment of Marry, Snog, Avoid or I Married My Lesbian Best Friend?

Aye. TV you cannae beat it for good old fashioned entertainment. lol.gif

ETA: I'm NOT having that. I do NOT moan about everything. I'm away to check my back catalogue of posts. There's bound to be something where I didn't complain about something. Back in a sec. I'm at 20th March. Nothing yet but I'll let you know.

Edited by oaksoft

Why are you wasting time on here posting.

Isn't it time to switch on to watch the latest thrilling installment of Marry, Snog, Avoid or I Married My Lesbian Best Friend?

Aye. TV you cannae beat it for good old fashioned entertainment. lol.gif

ETA: I'm NOT having that. I do NOT moan about everything. I'm away to check my back catalogue of posts. There's bound to be something where I didn't complain about something. Back in a sec. I'm at 20th March. Nothing yet but I'll let you know.

Thank fcuk, that'll be the end of you for a month or two. bye1.gif

Got to go, My best friends Gypsy Wedding meets Ena Sharples, lesbian or Tranny is just starting on the Moon Channel. thumbup2.gif

Gave in a few years ago and got SKY - I like Game of Thrones and the early morning infomercials for The Best C&W Ever while I'm having my early morning coffee before I go to work (thank fuck it's not available in the shops whistling.gif ) - I have the recent LC Final plus the highlights package on my hard drive but I'm still waiting for my partner to have the time to transfer it to DVD.

Like Being Human which recently finished after 5 series (the US version was pish and I'm not gonna watch Episode 2), Dr Who, Black Mirror (most Charlie Brooker in fact) & The Big Bang Theory, QI (unless John Sessions or Roger McGough are on it) and probably some other stuff. I occasionally watch reruns of old favourites like Monk or Cold Case.

Dislike Big Brother, The Scheme, Chelsea, My Big Gypsy Everything, Jeremy Kyle - based solely on the clips which are supposed to induce you to watch these shows. Don't see the fuss about Simon Cowell, I remember when my erstwhile upstairs neighbour Jackie McKinnon appeared on Opportunity Knocks - what's the difference except the level of hype? Even New Faces had the obligatory nasty judge who told it like it was along with the others who'd say something like "I'm sure there's a place for cat buggering in the clubs".

Basically if I like it I watch it, if not I switch it off!

Probably of more interest is what is your guilty TV pleasure? Mine is Ancient Aliens. bag.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

Gave in a few years ago and got SKY - I like Game of Thrones and the early morning infomercials for The Best C&W Ever while I'm having my early morning coffee before I go to work (thank fuck it's not available in the shops whistling.gif ) - I have the recent LC Final plus the highlights package on my hard drive but I'm still waiting for my partner to have the time to transfer it to DVD.

Like Being Human which recently finished after 5 series (the US version was pish and I'm not gonna watch Episode 2), Dr Who, Black Mirror (most Charlie Brooker in fact) & The Big Bang Theory, QI (unless John Sessions or Roger McGough are on it) and probably some other stuff. I occasionally watch reruns of old favourites like Monk or Cold Case.

Dislike Big Brother, The Scheme, Chelsea, My Big Gypsy Everything, Jeremy Kyle - based solely on the clips which are supposed to induce you to watch these shows. Don't see the fuss about Simon Cowell, I remember when my erstwhile upstairs neighbour Jackie McKinnon appeared on Opportunity Knocks - what's the difference except the level of hype? Even New Faces had the obligatory nasty judge who told it like it was along with the others who'd say something like "I'm sure there's a place for cat buggering in the clubs".

Basically if I like it I watch it, if not I switch it off!

Probably of more interest is what is your guilty pleasure? Mine is Ancient Aliens. bag.gif

So that's you and Wayne Rooney

best t.v moment ever was a crap S.T.V quiz show with Johnny Beatie as host

every week he would ask the winner what they were going to do with the money

most would reply " do up the house " or "it would go towards a holiday" type of thing

Until one week this wee glasgow man won and when Johnny asked him what he was going to do with the money

he replied " I am gontay count it Johnny !"

still laughing at that 20 odd years later..classic