Tv Programmes - Good & Bad

faraway saint

Scotland today - hosted by John Toye , late 70's I think when they used to do a wee cooking slot on a Friday , one week he had Fanny Craddock on and as usual at start of news he would say " let's go over and see what we are making this week" before carrying on with news only to return to cooking slot at end of programme , well this week she was making doughnuts - at end of news he wandered over tasted them etc then said " that's all from us this week , have a nice weekend and I hope your doughnuts turn out like Fannys " brilliant line if only I could find the clip !! Anyone remember that ?

Just seen an advert for........................wait for it, Greggs, More Than Meets The Pie starting on Sky tomorrow night. blink.png

A behind the scenes look at the great British bakers.

Poor Shull, he'll be fizzing he cannie watch this. lol.giflol.gif #

Sounds that bad it might be good. tongue.png

How know, my Greggs Loyalty Card is full.

I could send that tae Sky as payment.

The only thing I'm making a conscious effort to tune into at the moment is Later with Jools. I often end up watching Britain's Got Talent etc., because I tend to want to sit and stare into the mid-ground on a Saturday night and it happens to be monopolising the front room. Pretty inoffensive fodder for the masses.

I reckon there is probably some decent stuff out there but I can't usually be arsed hunting it down.

I have channels 1-6 only due to aerial not working for freeview box so just got my old virgin box, never been a huge telly person anyway. I watch some of the soaps tho it doesnt bother me if I miss them, River City amuses me! If i'm not working I still like to watch deal or no deal and the chase and in the mornings everybuddy loves raymond and frasier. I wanted to watch Scott and Bailey and the Syndicate but im afraid I dont do telly after 9pm.

The Voice on a saturday night is good and the cube too.

Saturday night telly is deplorable......it should be blanked out until the football comes on about half ten, always a good watch pished up and getting out the bad mood of another dire SPL day. There's then the option of Sunday morning when you can remind yourself what you thought you watched on motd by watching it again with a cheeky fry up curer assist.

On topic Big Bang theory for me , only thing worth watching , Penny is bangtastic

If anyone in our home listened to me I would have a rule like that. Nobody watches soaps but they soak up reality TV programmes and lack of talent shows like there was no tomorrow. Mind numbing shit the lot of it from the odd thirty seconds that I have been unlucky enough to trip over. Is TV not just an habitual thing? Does it have to be switched on 24 hours a day? I suppose it takes all sorts.

'All the world is queer save thee and me, and even thou art a little queer.' Bloody hell, who said that? Just as well it was before there was a gay lobby.

A gay lobby ???.............is that similar to a mezzanine level ??

Just watched the bear programme on BBC1.

Pretty good stuff and interesting.

One thing that gets me on these programmes, the on-site expert makes stuff up, some plausible some just shit.

The come up with some stuff that's just nonsense to suit what they've just seen.

Apart from that, worth a watch, 2nd part on tomorrow night.

Good: Celebrity Juice because its hilarious and Kelly Brooke and Holly Willoughby are hot. Deal or no deal, I'm addicted, don't know why. Bad: eastenders, fkin depressing. Sent from my iPad using Black & White Army mobile app

I kid you not, but there's a public service broacast channel here that shows Eastenders. They had an appeal night (similar to children in need) where people called in to make pledges to raise the money to buy to the new episodes to keep Eastenders on the air! I think they were trying to raise $15k or something like that to pay for another year. Sadly i think they made it.