Richard Brittan Wants Out

Kendo

Another U-turn for the Fakes, just read that Nade agreed to sign, then failed to appear to sign contract last week and has gone AWOL. On his way to sign a 3 year deal in Transylvania they believe!!

Must be looking for more red-dies! Bloodsucker!

I signed a contract of employment that states I have to give a minimum of 3 months notice if going to work for another company not in direct competition or 6 months notice if going to join a company that is a direct competitor of which 3 months is on garden leave. I wouldnt expect them to relax the rules due to me changing my mind.

Everyone signs contracts knowing their commitments, why should Richard Britain be any different? He knew he commited to the legnth of contract to fakes unless they decide to sell him. No sympathy for him

So let me get this right, you dont think footballers should have to sign contracts, but cant move outside set periods.

Yes that's right.

At the moment the club control the situation and they are abusing it.

Having a window sounds like it is achieving the same thing but actually it removes the power from the club which is a good thing.

I signed a contract of employment that states I have to give a minimum of 3 months notice if going to work for another company not in direct competition or 6 months notice if going to join a company that is a direct competitor of which 3 months is on garden leave. I wouldnt expect them to relax the rules due to me changing my mind.

Everyone signs contracts knowing their commitments, why should Richard Britain be any different? He knew he commited to the legnth of contract to fakes unless they decide to sell him. No sympathy for him

3 months notice is a bit different to 2 YEARS notice which is essentially what this is.

Yes that's right.

At the moment the club control the situation and they are abusing it.

Having a window sounds like it is achieving the same thing but actually it removes the power from the club which is a good thing.

Do you believe the player should be able to give, say, 7 days notice, or perhaps, 14 days notice, or even 3 months notice.

Whatever you think is right has to be applicable to both parties.

3 months notice is a bit different to 2 YEARS notice which is essentially what this is.

Yes but if f**k up and make a howler or don't perform I get bagged with no pay off and in all likely wont get a job at same level as my reputation would be in tatters.

A footballer at least has the 2 year contract and is paid up to the 2 years even if they turn out to be shit (same for managers!!)

Do you believe the player should be able to give, say, 7 days notice, or perhaps, 14 days notice, or even 3 months notice.

Whatever you think is right has to be applicable to both parties.

No it doesn't have to be applicable to both parties. Why would it?

It doesn't in normal employment.

As for your comment about Darren Macgregor being given 7 days notice? Does that happen in normal employment? Is an employer allowed to easily sack a sick employee?

Anyway the point isn't how much notice has to be given as I'm pretty sure there will be some law governing what is reasonable.

The point is more simply whether a club should be able to prevent a player leaving without financial recompense. I'm struggling to think of many normal businesses where this would be allowed.

Edited by oaksoft

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1996/18/part/IX/crossheading/minimum-period-of-notice

I canny be arsed giving typing out an answer, so this link will help inform on UK laws regarding termination of employment.

It's a lot more complicated than that as any employer on here will tell you.

Getting rid of an employee who doesn't agree to leave can be a total nightmare.

For this you need a bit more than one section of UK employment law.

You need to be knowledgeable on EU law as well.

Edited by oaksoft