Smisa Player Of The Year Night - Saturday 11Th May @ Uws Student Union

Tennant's Lager

From SMiSA.net smile.png

SMiSA in association with a number of the Travel Clubs, Supporters Groups and Fans Websites are holding a St.Mirren Player of the Year event after the Aberdeen game on Saturday 11th May 2013.

Saints fans of all ages are welcome at the event which is being held at the University of the West of Scotland Student Union in Storie Street, Paisley from 5.15pm to 7.30pm. Entry is by ticket only and the tickets for this event will be on sale from the St Mirren Park Club Shop from 1.00pm onwards this Saturday prior to the Dundee game. Tickets are £2.00 each and all funds raised will go towards sponsorship of a player in next seasons match-day programme.

If any supporters group wishes to make a presentation at the event please contact SMiSA at [email protected] by the 1st May with your details and we will get in touch with you.

I'm sure you must be taking the pish as you are an "experienced/older" supporter of our fine club.

This is normally a way for some supporters to get a signed strip at the end of the season of the sponsored player. The club receives an income to provide kits for the players - even though the current sponsorship deal provides match and training wear.

The cost of kit sponsorship is beyond most supporters, so what SMISA usually try and do is sponsor a player through an event like this - and then do a public raffle on the back of it so that someone gets the chance to win the signed top.

Some would argue that it beats buying towels and t-shirts........but the principle is the same.

Well done SMISA for organising this - hopefully the venue will help the event.

thanks slash, the wording in the OP stated "sponsorship of a player in next seasons match programme" but that's where they list who sponsors players kits - the wording put me off a bit,

and "older/experienced" i'm just a pup

These are the prices for this season to sponsor a player which is more than the cost of a season ticket. As a community club I think that is way out the reach of most supporters.

I personally think the club need to look at making this more affordable to a wider supporter base, or at least offer a chance for supporters through Season Ticket purchase to enter into a raffle for either the captains home or away top - or else a dedicated "12th Man signed supporters top made out with the winners name" - obviously signed by the players and not all season ticket holders.

Home Shirt – £350 + VAT

Home Shirt (framed) – £450 + VAT

Change Shirt – £300 + VAT

Change Shirt (framed) – £400 + VAT

not just through season tickets, make it available to everyone who buys a ticket, extra £1 option when buying next seasons cup final tickets for example, this gives you a raffle ticket to win the captains signed top

Just a wee reminder that tickets are available from 1pm tomorrow from the club shop thanks to Alan Provan.

Could be the last chance for many fans to get their photos taken with the cup winning legends before some of them move onto pastures new.

Tickets will be available on the door subject to availability. I will keep you posted on number of tickets sold.

Just spoke to Alan Provan who has confirmed that club shop will be open at the ground from 10-2 this week and next.

Hope to see as many buddies there as possible.

If anyone has any queries then please post on this thread and we will try and help.

Edited by Mr Zo

Why can't we have a supporters POTY night at the ground using hospitality suite

At a push get 150-170 people in with players,must be more professional than on pitch

I stay back every year and lucky if couple of hundred at most stay behind to watch

At least a night at £5 per ticket would generate income and club get takings from the bar?

Just a thought

Although guys at SMISA do put in plenty effort so no criticism

Edited by car-d bud