Gardeners Corner

Guest somner9

Guest somner9

No it's nothing to do with that tit from Dundee!

Since alot of us on here a right auld f**kers I thought it might prove popular to share some thoughts, hint and tips on the do's and don'ts of all things happening in your garden.

I don't know what all you got up to over the last few pleasant days? But i've been chitting potatoes like there's no tomorrow! Anyone else been caught outdoors like this?

No it's nothing to do with that tit from Dundee!

Since alot of us on here a right auld f**kers I thought it might prove popular to share some thoughts, hint and tips on the do's and don'ts of all things happening in your garden.

I don't know what all you got up to over the last few pleasant days? But i've been chitting potatoes like there's no tomorrow! Anyone else been caught outdoors like this?

Last year was a terrible growing season.

Altogether i got about 3 strawberrys, one harvest of peas, one mushy pepper, and heehaw tomatos.

I have not bothered this year, sadly.

P.s- i'm not old.

Edited by wisbit

Last year was a terrible growing season.

Altogether i got about 3 strawberrys, one harvest of peas, one mushy pepper, and heehaw tomatos.

I have not bothered this year, sadly.

P.s- i'm not old.

the weeds in my garden are coming along very nicely,i just let nature take its course,,whistling.gif

Edited by slapamythighs

I agree last year was a disaster for totties. I have an allotment and in 2011, in addition to the other usual stuff, onions, leeks, cabbage etc, I put 1/4 of the plot to totties. Had over 1/4 tonne (really)as a clearing crop, couldn't give them away fast enough. Last year from the same area I had just enough for 1 meal. I have a 4m polytunnel which gave me a great crop of tomatoes and chillis last year. I've sown chillis, several varieties of tomatoes, squash, cucumber, pumkin, and they're all germinating and growing nicely on the bedroom windowsill before transfer to the tunnel. I'm putting potatoes into big heavy duty poly bags this year, holes punched in the bottom, a base layer of manure, totties in, then 2 inches of soil/compost on top, these being ranged around the outside of the tunnel, as well as some in the ground. If we get a flood like last year, I'm hoping that those in the bags, at least, won't get blighted. I've also put some bags with first earlies in the tunnel to see how quickly I can get a crop of new potatoes. I've been told that I should be harvesting these by mid-June.

I've been preparing for the erection of my MAN SHED for some time, now, so the garden has been a bit neglected thus far this year. I'm hoping to build a terrace in the back garden over the summer with a view to growing some veg. It will be in an area that gets a fair amount of sun, but, being on a hillside, will also be very exposed to the elements. The soil quality is piss-poor (a lot of clay), so I can see me having to shovel in a fair bit of decent compost. To be honest, I'm hoping my missus will tend the patch while I sit in the shed with a beer or a malt (or perhaps both if I can get away with it), listening to the wireless.

Guest somner9

GET THIS SHIT SHREDDED AND THE THREAD STARTER SECTIONED !

One of the above may already have happened?

still you couldnae resist a shameless post counting contributionbye1.gif