Gardeners Corner

Guest somner9

Easy to get rid of though.Simply remove all vegetation and pour one hundredweight of concrete onto where your plants used to be.

Then buy plastic plants. They look nice but don't attract flies, weeds, slugs or require pruning.

This has to be the most boring post on B&W Army ever. Almost makes me yearn for the days of posts about Thatcher, the NHS, and watching paint dry.

phone.gif

No it's nothing to do with that tit from Dundee!

Since alot of us on here a right auld f**kers I thought it might prove popular to share some thoughts, hint and tips on the do's and don'ts of all things happening in your garden.

I don't know what all you got up to over the last few pleasant days? But i've been chitting potatoes like there's no tomorrow! Anyone else been caught outdoors like this?

No. But she caught me indoors and made me peel the potatoes.

i,m out in the garden every day come rain hail or shine,

i admire the work done by someone else as i enjoy my cigarette, i also admire the decking i built,

what a wonderfully bright change to threads - well done somner, i see the usual "lets get together and post shit, but complain about everyone else's posts" gang, have complained already, brilliant , let's get more stuff on that they don't like, then they can see how their crap posts are a tad bothersome, i'll start them off flipa.gif

i admire the work done by someone else as i enjoy my cigarette, i also admire the decking i built,

what a wonderfully bright change to threads - well done somner, i see the usual "lets get together and post shit, but complain about everyone else's posts" gang, have complained already, brilliant , let's get more stuff on that they don't like, then they can see how their crap posts are a tad bothersome, i'll start them off flipa.gif

You tell then Buddiecat!

Hope yir listening a dafties

Aye, a jogging thread, that's the way forward. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

I Used to love my vegetable garden in Meikleriggs, became quite addictave.

Potatoes, onions, beetroot, carrots and a wee strawberry patch.

Out in all weathers, the battle with slugs all worth it when eating the lovely produce.

Also had a few plum trees.

Cannie be arsed anymore but adimiration for those who do. clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Edited by faraway saint

This has to be the most boring post on B&W Army ever. Almost makes me yearn for the days of posts about Thatcher, the NHS, and watching paint dry.

phone.gif

TBH I agree. I have no idea what I was thinking even trying to "contribute".

Oaky TIT. Oaaaaakkkkkkkyyyyyy TIIIIIIIIIIIT! Oaky Oaky Oaky TIT TIT TIT!

I used to work in a garden centre years ago in Canterbury.

Spent most of the day hiding in the shrubs section with my mate Pat keeping away from Gaffers and Customers.

it was a great job did nothing all day but having a crafty fag and sneaking out to the boozers most days for an pint and a game of snooker.

Between the 2 of us we knew nothing about plants or flowers. Any way one day while me and Pat were playing keepie up in the shrub section

some nice old lady approached us and starting chatting about her garden and how much trouble she was having with her roses and she then asked us what did we recommend for her roses as quick as a flash Pat replied Bleach at which stage we both bolted back into the shrubs hiding from irate wee lady and concerned gaffer.

Edited by stevie-dee

We'll take a vote on it. You're probably spot on.

It's called self deprecation.

You should try it.

Nobody should be a twat ALL the time.

It's not healthy for the mind and according to recent research it actually makes you gain weight.

Edited by oaksoft

Not seen a decent Tottie since Beck in '64

Tottie was a stoatir. One of those guys that seemed to play his football with a smile on his face. Pity he went on to play for Rangers. He died a few years back.

Back on topic. I can't get a celeriac anywhere just now. Are they in season? And can they be grown in a garden?

Guest somner9

Absolutely!

I was out this morning in the garden talking to my neighbour in the cottage next door Crawford; who was sweating feverishly on the end of a long pole, I asked him why he bothered to tend the near rockface/steep part of his garden so diligently? he said "I've always enjoyed the challenge of raking uphill, especially when there are a few jealous observers jigging around, hands & knees with there dibbers"

I said "Crawford you are up and down that pole like a wild ferret!". "well he said it's the only way i know to get a into real good batch of chutney!"

Absolutely!

I was out this morning in the garden talking to my neighbour in the cottage next door Crawford; who was sweating feverishly on the end of a long pole, I asked him why he bothered to tend the near rockface/steep part of his garden so diligently? he said "I've always enjoyed the challenge of raking uphill, especially when there are a few jealous observers jigging around, hands & knees with there dibbers"

I said "Crawford you are up and down that pole like a wild ferret!". "well he said it's the only way i know to get a into real good batch of chutney!"

Post of the week I'd say.

I want a garden shed........

I want to run power to it...............

I want to put a beer and wine fridge in it.............

I want to sit and drink in my shed during the inclement weather , otherwise sit on the patio and have the chiminea burn away affording a nice level of warmth and satisfying smoky burn whilst admiring my striped lawn and freshly potted assortment of clay pots, anticipating a colour burst of epic display

I want to consider installing a water feature , not too ostentatious , but just enough for the babbling brook effect whilst watching the sun set and listening to the dusk birdsong.

I am it would appear not lacking in drive or ambition in my middle distance years now ................oh phuck !!

spent 90 minutes cutting the grass at the Glenburn Resource Centre last saturday morning.

Great way to kick off your Saturday my Mountfield Mower was running a treat after lying idle since October.

Going to plant out some vegetables in the beds on monday. getting quite exited about it already.

mountfield-s461r-pd-es.jpg

here is a photo of my baby this is a catalogue photo as mine is about 6 years old now.

Edited by stevie-dee

Guest TPAFKATS

Easy to get rid of though.Simply remove all vegetation and pour one hundredweight of concrete onto where your plants used to be.

Then buy plastic plants. They look nice but don't attract flies, weeds, slugs or require pruning.

But the plastic plants dont attact the wee bumbly bees and we need to encourage that flowers.gif