Gardeners Corner

Guest somner9

i've had a good root around that downy area between the small hillocks round the back, but have possibly overdone it. It's a bit of a soggy mess now and i couldn't possibly think of sitting on it for the next few days

Leaving the garden alone will mean i'll most likely have to satisfy myself with a tramp in the countryside until things start to look better round my end

Running power for some lighting (inc. mood lighting for those more contemplative moments/self interference) and the beer fridge and general power tool use. I don't want too many tools hanging about, so most of my mates won't be invited roundwhistling.gif

I intend having a workshop section and a lounge area. I'm on the lookout for a couple of suitably fatigued leather chairs or similar, so won't be unduly concerned if the beasties secure ingress. In saying that, i intend to go nuts with the silicon gun and have considered a spot of insulation. The cladding is 19mm thick, so quite heavy duty, but there will inevitably be a few joints needing smoked filled to prevent water and wind getting in.

I'll take a snap of the foundation and post it later. It needs a bit of tidying up, and the forming removed but is suitably utilitarian for its purpose.

if you get bother from the beasties then you could tray laying a few bait-traps

Mods... Ffs!

I haven't been stabbing the dirt all morning with my neighbour Crawford, who prefers 'hands on' when ploughing my back area. Just to read another blatant 'Builder's Post'!

They come on here shooting their 'muck' (brickie sland for sement apparently) all over us gardeners, without so much as a 'safety glasses are provided' or 'use eyewash if muck shot into eyes'....

i don't care how big, wide, luxurious or well hung their erections are..! sheds aren't gardens!

Me after meeting Big Thommow in a Sunny Houston ? Different Grass man !! whistling.gif

post-8992-0-76565700-1367346267_thumb.jp

Running power for some lighting (inc. mood lighting for those more contemplative moments/self interference) and the beer fridge and general power tool use. I don't want too many tools hanging about, so most of my mates won't be invited roundwhistling.gif

I intend having a workshop section and a lounge area. I'm on the lookout for a couple of suitably fatigued leather chairs or similar, so won't be unduly concerned if the beasties secure ingress. In saying that, i intend to go nuts with the silicon gun and have considered a spot of insulation. The cladding is 19mm thick, so quite heavy duty, but there will inevitably be a few joints needing smoked filled to prevent water and wind getting in.

I'll take a snap of the foundation and post it later. It needs a bit of tidying up, and the forming removed but is suitably utilitarian for its purpose.

sounds good, you certainly don't want any tools hanging out before you get insulation in place, and quite right not inviting too many mates round your backgarden,hopefully you get the pair of suitably fatigued loungers in (the more fatigued they are the less resistance they'll offer to your nether regions) and that you are able to fill a few cracks without being disturbed by unwanted wind, but i would be concerned if you did get a dose of beasties so maybe better to have some mates on hand to prevent this

I love this thread - I've got man shed envy - I bit the bullet a few years ago and replaced my dilapidated 8x6 shed and replaced it with a lush 10x8 summer house.

I added a 12 x 9 patio area (west facing) for evening sun.

You Sir, Put our Common Gardening Maintenance Division To shame with That wooden contraption ?

A Real Outdoor Chap - Sick of Dog Shit in Communal Gardens ! thumbdown.gif

post-8992-0-08983800-1367353187_thumb.jp

Edited by Bud Bundy

Mods... Ffs!

I haven't been stabbing the dirt all morning with my neighbour Crawford, who prefers 'hands on' when ploughing my back area. Just to read another blatant 'Builder's Post'!

They come on here shooting their 'muck' (brickie sland for sement apparently) all over us gardeners, without so much as a 'safety glasses are provided' or 'use eyewash if muck shot into eyes'....

i don't care how big, wide, luxurious or well hung their erections are..! sheds aren't gardens!

i wonder if you and your neighbour from the cottage next door have any advice you could give me, have any of you cottagers any experience of rimming, i am currently trying to get to grips with a large water feature, this garden pond has been dug into the ground but the edge of my hole is soaking and results in a gooey brown mess around the rim, can you pass me your rimming tips

Edited by buddiecat

Guest somner9

i wonder if you and your neighbour from the cottage next door have any advice you could give me, have any of you cottagers any experience of rimming, i am currently trying to get to grips with a large water feature, this garden pond has been dug into the ground but the edge of my hole is soaking and results in a gooey brown mess around the rim, can you pass me your rimming tips

Always a tricky one rimming! think of it as nibbling/tasting an after eight mint, rather than trying to get a mouthful of mars bar!

there was another great rimming memory i wished to recount, but for the life of me I can't remember it was on the tip of my tongue. Crawford's advice is to 'Get a Man In' to meet his rimming needs. he says 'I don't mind paying a pro, usually they are happy to plug any holes they come across!'

he had a young apprentice round last week, who was worse that useless meaning Crawford ended up on all fours doing the rimming for him.

Base and planter now complete.............and my friend who did it thought some instant flowers would be a nice touch as well!!

Have decided against putting potatoes in planter as I don't think it is maybe deep enough, so I have a couple of tubs of spuds again this year. Not sure what to put in planter now.

Greenhouse scheduled for delivery a week today.

post-1555-0-10182000-1367826503_thumb.jp

FFS, my shed delivery has been put back two weeks. Can this shitty weekend go any further downhill? Over to you, Aberdeen....

Oh Drew - I hope it turns up eventually! We had real trouble when we ordered a shed on the internet a few years back - the first delivery was delayed, the second didn't turn up (apparently sheds are one of the most popular things to fall off the back of a lorry), the 3rd delivery was rescheduled so I cancelled the order and placed one with homebase only for the same thing to happen.

Eventually we purchased one from the Barras Garden Shed Co - quick delivery & they even assembled it for us.

Oh Drew - I hope it turns up eventually! We had real trouble when we ordered a shed on the internet a few years back - the first delivery was delayed, the second didn't turn up (apparently sheds are one of the most popular things to fall off the back of a lorry), the 3rd delivery was rescheduled so I cancelled the order and placed one with homebase only for the same thing to happen.

Eventually we purchased one from the Barras Garden Shed Co - quick delivery & they even assembled it for us.

Ach, the dear old Barras. Haven't been there for 30+ years. Is it still a worthwhile experience? Did anything bad ever come from there?

Me and Mrs insaintee went a few years ago and it was pretty crap. Apparently the wee stall holders cant get the stock anymore as everything goes to charity shops. A lot of the stalls were open and it was only any good if you wanted to buy knocked of DVDs, Carpet ends, cheap "Meat", etc. A bit like the govan market if you've ever had the misfortune.

Base and planter now complete.............and my friend who did it thought some instant flowers would be a nice touch as well!!

Have decided against putting potatoes in planter as I don't think it is maybe deep enough, so I have a couple of tubs of spuds again this year. Not sure what to put in planter now.

Greenhouse scheduled for delivery a week today.

jolly good, then you can get round to fixing that door which seems to be delaminating

Base and planter now complete.............and my friend who did it thought some instant flowers would be a nice touch as well!!Have decided against putting potatoes in planter as I don't think it is maybe deep enough, so I have a couple of tubs of spuds again this year. Not sure what to put in planter now.Greenhouse scheduled for delivery a week today.

You should patent that self righting patio table.

Great idea.

Always a tricky one rimming! think of it as nibbling/tasting an after eight mint, rather than trying to get a mouthful of mars bar!

there was another great rimming memory i wished to recount, but for the life of me I can't remember it was on the tip of my tongue. Crawford's advice is to 'Get a Man In' to meet his rimming needs. he says 'I don't mind paying a pro, usually they are happy to plug any holes they come across!'

he had a young apprentice round last week, who was worse that useless meaning Crawford ended up on all fours doing the rimming for him.

i got an expert in regarding the rimming round the back, it was a female though (an expert from poland no less) and the rim is now a proud and pretty pink coloured thing around the pond, my neighbour - miss tupper - commented on how nice and round it looked now that its had a bit of spit and polish on it, my neighbour was asking why i had a young lady attending to my rim and of course i replied "i'm just making sure i get it right tupper" strangely she laughed out loud went red in the face.

The guy called on Sunday to explain that the delay was due to a family bereavement. Hmm....what can you say. As sceptical (and cynical) as I am, I couldn't really take issue with it. I did, however, email him later in the day asking for assurance that the shed would definitely be delivered on the 21st May as promised. He responded with an apology for 'having let me down', which, in turn, made me feel a bit shit if, as suggested, he had indeed lost a family member. He told me to consider his response as a 'written guarantee' that the shed would arrive. I have to give him the benefit of the doubt. If it doesn't materialise, at least I've got the base ready so all is not lost if I have to make alternative arrangements.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally managed to complete greenhouse build. Just need to sort out the plants inside. Have some tomatoes and chili plants and some sweetcorn seeds in pots. Also have some peppers which were in the conservatory from last year and which now seem to be bearing fruit (left side on greenhouse floor).

post-1555-0-36890000-1368973565_thumb.jp