The Void

Bud the Baker

Anyone heard news on this - during the CIC takeover last year RA seemed to think it could be completed by Christmas. Our BoD said they intended to proceed with the development last September (just 2 days after rejecting the CIC bid whistling.gif ) and our Chief Executive Brian Caldwell said it was a priority on his promotion last December but unless I've missed it nothing seems to have happened. Surely with our coffers fill with the LC windfall now is the time?

But if we finnish in 11th place as against 8th last season it will have cost the club 250 grand so any monies we have made due to cup run has gone .I would think.

I remember last time we reached the LC final our turnover increased c.a. £500k, you'd imagine that would be greater this time round with us winning so that would more than make up for the poor league season.

Maybe we will have another raffle to fund it. 1st prize is a pint every home game. 2nd prize half a pint and 3rd prize a packet of crisps.

Like most things St Mirren it is done at snails pace.

or maybe we should spend the money trying to keep our best players its all about priorities

What is it then i dont know iwas going on last season.

It was changed from the start of this season. I first heard about it on radio shortbread and then nobody seemed to have heard it. Much the same of Leann Dempster saying 11-1 would need to go first before reconstruction. She remains silent on this and I have no idea why

I'm under the impression that we budget for finishing 11th and getting papped out of the cup at the earliest opportunity every year. Therefore finishing 8th was a bonus last year, winning the league cup is a bonus this year. The club won't make a loss if we finish 11th this year, even before you factor in money from the cup.

Whats the void??

as far as i can tell it's an empty space under the east stand, a sure fire money earner thats alive and well but not filled yet and possibly may be filled in the future, so basically, look up the word void in a dictionary and this will explain exactly what the void at SMP is

Guest somner9

as far as i can tell it's an empty space under the east stand, a sure fire money earner thats alive and well but not filled yet and possibly may be filled in the future, so basically, look up the word void in a dictionary and this will explain exactly what the void at SMP is

I thought he'd signed to Killie for the remainder of the season?

Christ I wouldn't like to have to bank-roll filling Void..! That's one cavernous space.

Any money the club has should go to on park activities as next season is going to be very hard. There will also be a playoff position. Clubs will be making their squads stronger so not to fall into the last two positions so nest season will be D.I.F.I.C.U.L.T. A piss up room should be put on hold the manager needs to bring in new players who can hopefully do a job. I fear next season we will go down.

Any money the club has should go to on park activities as next season is going to be very hard. There will also be a playoff position. Clubs will be making their squads stronger so not to fall into the last two positions so nest season will be D.I.F.I.C.U.L.T. A piss up room should be put on hold the manager needs to bring in new players who can hopefully do a job. I fear next season we will go down.

i liked this, simply because you took the time to spell out a word that you spelled wrongly

IIRC it was mainly to generate revenue outside of match days and reckoned to be profit making so making a one-off payment to fund it should help in the long run.