B&w Army 8S - Every Wednesday 2000 To 2100 Sign Up Now

div

Really enjoyed the game last night, but I am really struggling today and I only played out of the goals for 10 mins thumbup2.gif

Apologies to the bibs team, I was a shambles in the nets, will be better next week, promise !

Think common agreement was that we could easily play 8 a side on that pitch, or 7's with a rolling sub in each team so we will look for 16 bodies for next week.

I'm going to look at replacing Toepoke with a service called Teamer that communicates more by SMS rather than just email. I think that will work better.

Will have a look at that this morning and set it up. If I think it's better I will send an email out to everyone and text and advise.

The teamer application is now all set up, seems much easier than toepoke.

Remember the squad will always be open for new members, just send an email to [email protected] with your full name and mobile number if you want to join in !

Priority this week will be given to the 14 who played in game one plus another two (assuming we get more than 16 who say they can play).

Wow, 22 of you have said you can play next Weds !

Should we go 8 a side with a sub in each team to allow 18 of us to take part ?

Don't really want anyone to miss out but can't see the dome taking a full 11-a-side game !

Don't really want anyone to miss out but can't see the dome taking a full 11-a-side game !

8 a side with a sub is probably the best outcome for all, with 10 mins to go last night everyone was knackered anyway.

May aswell give it a shot and see what the majority prefer!thumbup2.gif

8 a side with a sub is probably the best outcome for all, with 10 mins to go last night everyone was knackered anyway.

May aswell give it a shot and see what the majority prefer!

Everyone except the hat-trick hero webmaster you mean :-)

It was certainly noticeable that Div had more in the tank last 10 mins. I'm not one to suggest possible reasons, but he was almost motionless for the first 20 mins.

8 men and a rolling sub sounds good.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Black & White Army mobile app

Think it would be better if we played to all the lines rather than just letting it bounce of the sides of the dome, it will encourage Danny Lennons barca esque passing football rather than the long balls!

Agreed, I think we should play the proper lines !

I have just bought us a new ball for the games, got a good deal on a FIFA approved ball from my friends at the Football Nation in Embra.

Hopefully this is also a ball that I can save on the odd occasion.

I have just bought us a new ball for the games, got a good deal on a FIFA approved ball from my friends at the Football Nation in Embra.

Hopefully this is also a ball that I can save on the odd occasion.

it would need to be like a balloon then.:-P

Sent from my C6603 using Black & White Army mobile app

I've had to pull out this week due to injury. I'm running the Edinburgh Marathon in 2 weeks (clang!) and can't really afford to risk anything (legs were shot after last Wednesday). Next game I'll hopefully be involved in will be the May 29th. I've updated the site.

I've had to pull out this week due to injury. I'm running the Edinburgh Marathon in 2 weeks (clang!) and can't really afford to risk anything (legs were shot after last Wednesday). Next game I'll hopefully be involved in will be the May 29th. I've updated the site.

Yeah got that Bill, no probs, we are well over subscribed for this week.

I will go through all the players who have said Yes today and give first priority to the lads that played last week, then add in a few ohters to give us a squad of 18.

Will let everyone know who is in later today via SMS and email.

Thanks to everyone who responded to the game 2 invite. We were well over subscribed this week with 22 looking for a game !

I have given priority to the 14 who played in week one which was always the intention, but we have expanded the squad to 18 and will play 8 a sides plus a rolling sub in each team so this give us 18 slots this week.

Bill is injured this week so we have 13 from last week all in again and I have added 5 others into the squad in order of who accepted the invite first.

So the squad of 18 for Wednesday is;

Alan Cassidy

Charlie Kelly

David MacDonald

Ian Craig

Mark Russell

Neil Cameron

Stuart Cameron

Andy Newport

Thomas McIlroy

Steven Logan

Ewan MacColl

Gordon Bell

Nicky Fleming

Paul Mullan

Sean Rooney

David Wilson

Richard Atkinson

Ross McNicol

Sorry if you didn't get in this week, I am sure it won't always be this popular !

Obviously it will reduce in cost this week to £4 a head, please try and bring the correct money this week. No twenty notes David Wilson !

Meet up in the changing room 1945 on Weds. Any problems give me a shout on email or text me on 07549950098. I will bring bibs again and I have bought a new ball as well.

See you Weds.

ETA; Brian Hanley dropped out last night, Ross McNicol has taken his place