B&w Army 8S - Every Wednesday 2000 To 2100 Sign Up Now

div

I'm happy enough organising one game, no chance I am taking on a second !

This week we had nobody drop out, two weeks ago we had 13 dropping out. Players will come and go and everyone will get a chance.

Only 3 players have played every week since we started using Teamer (Richard, Charlie and Ian) so we do have a lot of rotation.

I guess in time a few lads will ask to come off the list if they are pissed at not getting a game.

Then again maybe someone else will setup another game on another night, that would be good !

I noticed the survey mentioned the possibility of a league being set up at the dome. Nothing concrete yet, but if we entered a team and kept the wed nyt game going then most people would be involved.

Yeah i was bit concerned when filling out that form that a league might be set up and something happens to our Wednesday game. The thing I like most about this is the fact that no one takes it too seriously and just TRY to play some football. It varies in skill level and fitness throughout the group. A league would certainly take away some of the enjoyment factor when people try to compete.

Certainly agree that the Standby list is getting too big. Maybe the person wanting the Monday game could create a new one, although i'd hate not to have the chance to play with the guys I played with in the first 6 weeks again, who are now stuck in standby due to various holidays.

Any update from Brian re the advanced payments?

Imo opinion we say from now nobody else can join the squad, kind of thanks but no thanks.

Also maybe remove the people who never respond on teamer as its pointless them being there.

People who havent shown up should also be removed imo as someone else could have got a game:)

Agreed some sort of cap on the squad number is probably sensible, I will close the squad off at 36 players.

I will maybe email all of the 36 players that are on the list and ensure that they do still want to remain in the squad.

We put a rule in place that said anyone who said they would play but did not show up would be given a yellow card, if they did it again they were out. To be fair in 10 weeks of the game only one person has failed to show up when they were supposed to play.

I would only really play 11s in a league. I've played in 5s and 7s leagues before and not really enjoyed it. I play these games for a laugh, so I can shoot from the halfway line and try tricks and flicks I know I can't pull off. When you play in a League people take it too seriously, I can't be bothered with all that. For me It's 11-a-sides for competitive football, everything else is a kick about, I want to win obviously, but it's more for fun than anything else...

Couldn't agree more. These are easily the most fun games and least seriously taken games I have played in.

Really good fun, competition can be good - but only to see who will win the donkey trophy

See now i think we should have a donkey trophey or at least a wooden spoon, for the wally who tries to round a keeper and falls over his own feet or if ur like me, tries to knock himself out by running in to the dome.

Glad we have sorted the weekly booking issue and it seems most people are on board with keeping our friendly wed game. Only issue left is the standby list but really having too many for game is a much better position than struggling to find a man. But hopefully we can come to some solution.

You can find it on teamer. I could be wrong but I think this is the standby list in order:

Russell, Mark
Torrance, Fraser
Brown, Ian
Cameron, Neil
Cameron, Stuart
Fleming, Nicky
Hanley, Brian
McGuinness, James
Smith, Robert
Logan, Steven
Cassidy, Alan
Fallows, Grant
Gordon, David
Newport, Andy
Rooney, Sean
McIntosh, Stuart
McNicol, Ross
Bell, Gordon
Mullan, Paul
Porter, Owen
Morrison, Kenny
Tennant, David
Edited by LoveStreetLover

Guest somner9

Just received an email from the club regarding block bookings at the dome;

I've emailed back explaining our situation. Since we don't have the same 16 players it is not possible for us to collect 4 weeks money in advance, and nor do we have the best part of £300 kicking around to pay in advance and then recoup from weekly payments from the team.

I have offered to put a credit card down as security that we won't miss any bookings (on the understanding that I would recover the fee from the kitty but also since it is incredibly unlikely that we would ever "no-show" given that we have 35 bodies in a squad for a game of 16).

I'm waiting to hear back. Hope that common sense prevails as it would be a shame to have to take the game elsewhere since using the dome and giving the money back to the club was kind of the whole point in getting it going.

In spite of SGG getting aerated when the club is criticised on these boards, they don't half make it hard for their dyed-in-the-wool support to contribute to one of the feckin few revenue generators at SMP!

You can find it on teamer. I could be wrong but I think this is the standby list in order:

Russell, Mark
Torrance, Fraser
Brown, Ian
Cameron, Neil
Cameron, Stuart
Fleming, Nicky
Hanley, Brian
McGuinness, James
Smith, Robert
Logan, Steven
Cassidy, Alan
Fallows, Grant
Gordon, David
Newport, Andy
Rooney, Sean
McIntosh, Stuart
McNicol, Ross
Bell, Gordon
Mullan, Paul
Porter, Owen
Morrison, Kenny
Tennant, David

For all you reservists I can confirm that there is availability at the walk football on a Monday at 5pm.This a scheme to give people who cannot take part in the more energetic black and white 7,s a game but still play an active part.This is a spin off from the football fans in training scheme and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to take part in light exercise.

Still disappointed in the decision of the Terrors to take a penalty when the game was very well poised at 0-0.

Same handball happened at the other end five mins before and nobody batted an eyelid !

I did sulk about that for quite a bit. Apologies, old habits die hard.

Good comeback from the boys though, to come from 3-0 down to win 5-3 was a great effort.

Still disappointed in the decision of the Terrors to take a penalty when the game was very well poised at 0-0.

Same handball happened at the other end five mins before and nobody batted an eyelid !

I did sulk about that for quite a bit. Apologies, old habits die hard.

Good comeback from the boys though, to come from 3-0 down to win 5-3 was a great effort.

A deserved come back and to be honest I could see it unfolding - an og and you pulled off a great save at the shot I hit mellow.png

Fair play lads

Edited by paisleysaint