B&w Army 8S - Every Wednesday 2000 To 2100 Sign Up Now

div

Think we were still in it till wee ewan pulled off a stunning save to keep the bibs 200 in front.

Can't shoot, can't tackle,can't defend,can't pass, can't track back, can't save, apart from that we were solid. It was that bad, Div didn't even have to cheat!:-P

Still scored the goal of the night with a Tam (keeper turned striker) wonder goal. Much better than Fraser's mishit with the outside of his foot;-)

Edited by BIG BEN

I don't even know how to begin explaining how shite we were. First game back for myself, and I was rank rotten - don't think I actually made a solid tackle the whole night. Still, managed to score a hat - trick - should have scored more though.

Our passing was poor, man marking was hopeless, tracking back was awful and we were caught out of position too many times. (Sound like St.Mirren here.....)

Woke up with a lovely egg - shaped lump on my head after Div's Bruce Lee attempt at a clearance....cheers....

Motm for bibs: I'd give it to Ewan.

Motm for non-bibs: Gareth worked hard the whole game, so he is deserving of it.

Oh well, on to next week.

Pretty poor night for the non bibs, I tried my best to make it up and down the park, but ran out of steam a bit towards the end. Fraser's out side of the boot effort has to be the best goal I've seen in any of the Black and White Army games, an absolute screamer.

I think there were only really 2 guys in our team who were happy to play a bit deeper, where the bibs had quite a few guys willing to sit at the back when required. Usually it works out a bit more even than that. Maybe we could try and split the more defensive players evenly the way we do with the 'keepers, might make for a more even game?

Pretty poor night for the non bibs, I tried my best to make it up and down the park, but ran out of steam a bit towards the end. Fraser's out side of the boot effort has to be the best goal I've seen in any of the Black and White Army games, an absolute screamer.

I think there were only really 2 guys in our team who were happy to play a bit deeper, where the bibs had quite a few guys willing to sit at the back when required. Usually it works out a bit more even than that. Maybe we could try and split the more defensive players evenly the way we do with the 'keepers, might make for a more even game?

A defender needed you say....one avaliable again soon at a blow up building near you....with extra pointy elbows.

Edited by rea

Hard to score if we don't get the service up top....thumbdown.gif

Gareth's post sums it up quite well...we only had 2 or 3 guys willing to sit deeper for a spell whilst Gareth tried to get up and down the park as best he could. Others just stayed up the park all game.

The non bibs struggled to get the ball up the park as the defenders had no options to pass to and the bibs cut out every long ball. Then 3 or 4 of them just ran at the 2 or 3 defenders and scored at will.

It's just not much fun if your willing to take your turn and stay back but others don't and your about 20 goals down due to attackers outnumbering you.

Anyways...hope it was just a one off, and the lucky draw produces more balanced teams next week.

Gareth's post sums it up quite well...we only had 2 or 3 guys willing to sit deeper for a spell whilst Gareth tried to get up and down the park as best he could. Others just stayed up the park all game.

The non bibs struggled to get the ball up the park as the defenders had no options to pass to and the bibs cut out every long ball. Then 3 or 4 of them just ran at the 2 or 3 defenders and scored at will.

It's just not much fun if your willing to take your turn and stay back but others don't and your about 20 goals down due to attackers outnumbering you.

Anyways...hope it was just a one off, and the lucky draw produces more balanced teams next week.

Defenders were out numbering us as well at points, don't forget that. For a good 15/ 20 mins I was up against 2/3 defenders myself.

But yeah, Gareth's post summed it up well. We didn't have a proper structure to the team - should probably work out a formation like the bibs done yesterday.

We were quite narrow too - all the bibs goals pretty much came from the wings (thought Chris and Fraser were excellent on the wings for the bibs).

Bad Start + Heads going down = Drubbing.

Defenders were out numbering us as well at points, don't forget that. For a good 15/ 20 mins I was up against 2/3 defenders myself.

But yeah, Gareth's post summed it up well. We didn't have a proper structure to the team - should probably work out a formation like the bibs done yesterday.

We were quite narrow too - all the bibs goals pretty much came from the wings (thought Chris and Fraser were excellent on the wings for the bibs).

Bad Start + Heads going down = Drubbing.

Bit of a long winded way to say we were bawz!

I havent had an invite in weeks...am I missing something? Are we still using teamer?

Yip still using teamer. We've had 5 call offs already this week and it looks like you are now top of the standby list so I expect you might well get a call up today fella.

A few guys not responding to invites again. If you don't respond by this afternoon I will mark you as a decline !