B&w Army 8S - Every Wednesday 2000 To 2100 Sign Up Now

div

I thought we were 1 up (bibs) then they pulled one back at the end to make it evens. *shrugs* was a good game anyway.

One thing I will add though, people seem to be taking the game a little too serious nowadays. When I joined up it was for a fun friendly atmosphere with some stmirren fans - moving away from those who like to shout and moan at a game of 5s. Seems like its heading in that direction. A lot of people shouting at one another and others calling people shite under their breath. Was meant to be a bit of fun for people with varied skill levels, would hate to see it move away from that.

Also, gutted that the night out is also on the night of our annual pub crawl around Glasgow - The 12 pubs of Christmas. oh well :(

Think it's impossible to play football without shouting at each other. There's a difference with shouting at bodies to mark someone and giving one another abuse. I'm guilty of shouting to pick people up but that's part n parcel of the game.

Thought it was a good game can't say I heard any of the muttering of anyone is shite. Must've been aimed at me then lol. It's only a kickabout as you say for fun. And thought it was played that way.

Yeah i've got no problems with folk shouting to mark one another. Its the frustration ones where folk don't get the pass they want or someone loses the ball, but those are to be expected in football I guess. It was the 2 comments of shite being said, not aimed at me I may add, that I found quite inappropriate and it bugged me. But yeah in the most part the game was played in good spirits.

Any muttering of shite that i say is aimed at myself lol. Thought it was a good game last night, quite a lot of good football and movement. I think the standard is pretty decent and its always good to have a wee competitive edge, don't see it ever spilling over into anything more than that

I have always found the games have been played in good spirits. Never seen a bad tackle or any kind of 'afters' after a tackle. There is always going to be a wee edge to games otherwise it would be a pretty dull affair but never felt it's came close to getting out of hand.

Yeah i've got no problems with folk shouting to mark one another. Its the frustration ones where folk don't get the pass they want or someone loses the ball, but those are to be expected in football I guess. It was the 2 comments of shite being said, not aimed at me I may add, that I found quite inappropriate and it bugged me. But yeah in the most part the game was played in good spirits.

Have to say I agree with that. I've noticed it the past few weeks also. Isn't great to hear.

Have to say this has me written all over it, im such a moany c**t when I play football or any other sports for that matter. I'm one of those people who are really competitive and want to win, yet as soon as I step off the pitch I'm actually pretty easy going:D IMHO what happens on the pitch stays there, certainly no hard feelings afterwards!.

Can't wait for Div to return then you really will see people openly venting their frustration telling him how disappointed they are in his goalkeeping ability. We need his comedy gaffs between the sticks to lighten the mood.

His tendency to stand on the half way line when his team are up the park was always an easy route to goal thumbup2.gif

Regarding the vocal dissent, and bearing in mind i've not played attended for a few weeks, it's a shame if that is creeping in to what is a thoroughly enjoyable hour of footie.

Can't wait for Div to return then you really will see people openly venting their frustration telling him how disappointed they are in his goalkeeping ability. We need his comedy gaffs between the sticks to lighten the mood.

I'd say Div is the most vocal when venting frustrations, but never in a personal or derogatory way. He's also very critical of himself, as some of the saves he makes are in the "Unbelievable, Jeff" category, but - as you allude to above - he'll then produce a moment of outstanding comedy. lol.gif

On to next week's game and I have now accepted my teamer invite. I can only express my delight at being involved again by quoting those comedy greats, Homer Jay Simpson and Glenn Quagmire:

Woo-hoo! I'm in, giggity, giggity, giggity!! thumbup2.gif

whistling.gif

I have always been a grumpy goalkeeper. When you stand there for ten minutes and don't see the ball or have anything to do it can be quite frustrating that the next thing you are doing is picking the ball out the net.

Looking forward to getting back into it as soon as I can, I've really missed it.

I have always been a grumpy goalkeeper. When you stand there for ten minutes and don't see the ball or have anything to do it can be quite frustrating that the next thing you are doing is picking the ball out the net.

Looking forward to getting back into it as soon as I can, I've really missed it.

Aren't you meant to stop it going into the net?

Just asking.

I text Sean this morning and he has now updated Teamer. So it's the same 16 as last week but with Craig Caveney in for Charlie Kelly who is off to see Billy Bragg apparently !

Sean Rooney

David Wilson

Nicky Fleming

Neil Cameron

Ian Brown

Craig Caveney

Chris McMullan Fraser Burns

Alan Cassidy

Fraser Torrance

Stuart Cameron

Kevin Hamilton

Dougiy Collins