B&w Army 8S - Every Wednesday 2000 To 2100 Sign Up Now

div

After an enjoyable and compelling hour of football, a bibless B&WA 8s Young Team were dispatched by an over 30s side last night, which, almost inconceivably given my baby-faced handsomeness, contained me… whistling.gif

The Overs had the better of a quiet opening period, with ball retention and easy baws the name of the game, particularly from Messrs Casey, Brown and Zo. Big Mark Logan was the difference with his strong and direct running. I previously referred to him as a battering ram, which I realise now was unjust – he’s more like a juggernaught!

The Young Team began to pose more of a threat when big Fraser Burns was pushed up front, giving the previously comfortable back 2/3/4/5/6 some problems, particularly with the talented Nicky driving forward in support.

The game became more stretched and individual errors and misplaced passes were occurring more frequently, but this only added to the undoubted spectacle.

Personally, I was disappointed not to score with the few chances I had, but pleased that I was like a very poor man’s Mesut Ozil with several assists. My favourite goal last night was when my in-swinging corner was flicked on at the near post and big Stef found himself unmarked at the back stick, with a unique stand-on-the-ball finish that crept over the line. lol.gif

I voted Mark Logan as MOTM, just edging out Nicky. My vote was the sixth and quite interesting to see five different players nominated for this prestigious award. Well played, everyone!!

‘mon the auld yins!! thumbup2.gif

Sadly, I return to work next week in Southern Scotland so unlikely to grace the astroturf again anytime soon... thumbdown.gif

Edited by RockWithTheCaveman

After an enjoyable and compelling hour of football, a bibless B&WA 8s Young Team were dispatched by an over 30s side last night, which, almost inconceivably given my baby-faced handsomeness, contained me… whistling.gif

The Overs had the better of a quiet opening period, with ball retention and easy baws the name of the game, particularly from Messrs Casey, Brown and Zo. Big Mark Logan was the difference with his strong and direct running. I previously referred to him as a battering ram, which I realise now was unjust – he’s more like a juggernaught!

The Young Team began to pose more of a threat when big Fraser Burns was pushed up front, giving the previously comfortable back 2/3/4/5/6 some problems, particularly with the talented Nicky driving forward in support.

The game became more stretched and individual errors and misplaced passes were occurring more frequently, but this only added to the undoubted spectacle.

Personally, I was disappointed not to score with the few chances I had, but pleased that I was like a very poor man’s Mesut Ozil with several assists. My favourite goal last night was when my in-swinging corner was flicked on at the near post and big Stef found himself unmarked at the back stick, with a unique stand-on-the-ball finish that crept over the line. lol.gif

I voted Mark Logan as MOTM, just edging out Nicky. My vote was the sixth and quite interesting to see five different players nominated for this prestigious award. Well played, everyone!!

‘mon the auld yins!! thumbup2.gif

Sadly, I return to work next week in Southern Scotland so unlikely to grace the astroturf again anytime soon... thumbdown.gif

A very good match report thumbup2.gif

A close defeat for the young-uns to the vastly more experienced and well organised oldies thumbdown.gif was a good game though the closest in and most competitive in a while. The oldies defended well and we struggled to find a way to goal usually resorting to long balls.

We should keep the same teams as much as possible next week.

After an enjoyable and compelling hour of football, a bibless B&WA 8s Young Team were dispatched by an over 30s side last night, which, almost inconceivably given my baby-faced handsomeness, contained me whistling.gif

The Overs had the better of a quiet opening period, with ball retention and easy baws the name of the game, particularly from Messrs Casey, Brown and Zo. Big Mark Logan was the difference with his strong and direct running. I previously referred to him as a battering ram, which I realise now was unjust hes more like a juggernaught!

Personally, I was disappointed not to score with the few chances I had, but pleased that I was like a very poor mans Mesut Ozil with several assists. My favourite goal last night was when my in-swinging corner was flicked on at the near post and big Stef found himself unmarked at the back stick, with a unique stand-on-the-ball finish that crept over the line. lol.gif

mon the auld yins!! thumbup2.gif

That "Flick on" made me see the ball late? :) (and I was so relieved to see it cross the line) least I was in the right place? :) And yeah same teams sounds good! Edited by Saintstef

Another enjoyable game last night. Enjoyed the oldies v the youngsters set up. Lots of nutmegs. When Div returns we could have the baldies/ balding bloke's and the gingers and strawberry blondes against the rest.

Kevin paid his outstanding £5, still to get a fiver from Charlie next time he plays and Fraser Torrance to pay for last night.

£30 in kitty with a further £10 to come.

Won't make it next week so will have to pass bibs onto someone.

Still up for gathering after the Inverness game.

Another enjoyable game last night. Enjoyed the oldies v the youngsters set up. Lots of nutmegs. When Div returns we could have the baldies/ balding bloke's and the gingers and strawberry blondes against the rest.

Kevin paid his outstanding £5, still to get a fiver from Charlie next time he plays and Fraser Torrance to pay for last night.

£30 in kitty with a further £10 to come.

Won't make it next week so will have to pass bibs onto someone.

Still up for gathering after the Inverness game.

I will get the bibs off you Mon or Tues mate and I will go down and sort out the game and the money on Weds.

I have £190 in the kitty here so total will be around £220 mark at the moment ?

My missus has her Xmas night out on 7th so don't think Inverness game will fly for me but I am more than happy to put the kitty up to be used that day, we will never get a date that suits everyone, especially at this time of year.

I will get the bibs off you Mon or Tues mate and I will go down and sort out the game and the money on Weds.

I have £190 in the kitty here so total will be around £220 mark at the moment ?

My missus has her Xmas night out on 7th so don't think Inverness game will fly for me but I am more than happy to put the kitty up to be used that day, we will never get a date that suits everyone, especially at this time of year.

that's what grannies, grandmas,aunties,uncles and friends are for. Farm them oot;-)

3 changes from last week, here are the 16 who will fight it out tomorrow night. I will drop the bibs into Paul at reception but neither myself or Dr Zo are playing so need a volunteer to collect the money and sort the teams out. Any takers ?

Ian Brown

Ewan MacColl

Andy Newport

Nicky Fleming

Ian Craig

Neil Cameron

Dougiy Collins

Mark Kennedy

Kevin Hamiltn

Mark Logan

Alan Cassidy

Brian Casey

Stuart Cameron

Fraser Burns

Fraser Torrance

Steve Logan

I can't make it out on Sat night but I can get the kitty to you guys if you are all up for it ?

Quite fancy a few sociable ales with you fine chaps on Saturday evening. Bull Inn post match sounds a decent shout. Gauge interest tomorrow night and I could book up a booth from 5 onwards. Guess we don't need to spend all the kitty as a number of people can't make Saturday and we could always have another one at end of the season.

3 changes from last week, here are the 16 who will fight it out tomorrow night. I will drop the bibs into Paul at reception but neither myself or Dr Zo are playing so need a volunteer to collect the money and sort the teams out. Any takers ?

Ian Brown

Ewan MacColl

Andy Newport

Nicky Fleming

Ian Craig

Neil Cameron

Dougiy Collins

Mark Kennedy

Kevin Hamiltn

Mark Logan

Alan Cassidy

Brian Casey

Stuart Cameron

Fraser Burns

Fraser Torrance

Steve Logan

I can't make it out on Sat night but I can get the kitty to you guys if you are all up for it ?

Ill take the money for u Div? And bring the extra kitty money with me on Saturday?

I'm up for the same teams, but I guess thats dependant on the same guys signing up again!

As for sat, anyone got any preferences on a pub to meet at? Maybe book a snug at the bull for before and/or after the game?

I think the younguns have the same 8 while Andy Newport and Ewan Mcoll could replace Craig Caveney and David Wilson for the Auld yins?

Quite fancy a few sociable ales with you fine chaps on Saturday evening. Bull Inn post match sounds a decent shout. Gauge interest tomorrow night and I could book up a booth from 5 onwards. Guess we don't need to spend all the kitty as a number of people can't make Saturday and we could always have another one at end of the season.

there is no chance of having any kitty money left. Only way that happens is if 1. Pub shuts or 2. Kitty carrier gets lifted:-P