B&w Army 8S - Every Wednesday 2000 To 2100 Sign Up Now

div

That's a great shout benny. I could speak to CK and see what he could do for us?

Hospitality is a shout

A Corporate gathering towards the end of the season would be a great shout. St Mirren could do with 15-20 of us turning up and spending a few bob.

inclined to agree. Think it's a good shout.

So just to be clear...you guys think it's a shout!

5th of March 2014.

One hundred and eighty-nine days. 189.

One hundred and eighty-nine days since I was last able to grace the hallowed artificial turf. thumbdown.gif It was good to catch up with old and new faces alike and adorn my favourite non-grass surface once more. As a bibbed playa (bitches!), the result (kinda gave up counting) was not positive. Despite both sides perhaps appearing to be evenly matched ‘on paper’, the non-bibs ran out comfortable winners in the end. And about ten minutes in too, really, despite 2-5 becoming 5-6 during a ten-minute spell about halfway through.

It’s disappointing that fouls are no longer called, with many not even acknowledging them. Indeed, for the game’s opener, big Mark decked me, took the ball and finished with a neat shot that went in off the woodwork with a satisfyingly metal “PING”. Sounds like i'm moaning... well, I am! 1eye.gif

Pat Nevin might have offered further post-match analysis such as the non-bibs were more incisive in the final-third, made the most of their opportunities (particularly on the counter-attack), defending and attacking as a team to deliver a robust unit tactically. The football pundit may have described the endeavors of the bibs team as not working the channels enough, with poor decision making and communication in all areas of the pitch contributing to their downfall. I was as culpable as any bibbed man, and I do apologise for not having learned telepathy – yet! whistling.gif

Billy Dodds may have commented that the ball was round.alien3.gif

Zo showed that he’s still got bags of energy and a good burst of pace over three yards despite nearing his mid-forties lol.gif ; big Mark’s juggernaught style led to him scoring a good few goals, but missing many, many more with his increasingly erratic shooting; Brian C and big Stef read the game well at the back, with the latter a revelation in his new non-wide left role; big Fraser holding the ball up well at times and the left-footed and slight-built young man on the bibs who could beat men at will but couldn’t finish a dinner of half a McD’s french fry.

MOTM? king.gif Wee Sean for his box-to-box (Giggity) performance all night. A special mention to all who continue to make this event happen. thumbup2.gif Unfortunately, I’ll be working away for the remainder of the year at least, so see you all at the games cheering on the Saints or next year.

Ps the burn in my calves from cramp after three games in three nights explains this ungodly hour. donatello.gif <- never used that emoticon... COWABUNGA!

5th of March 2014.

One hundred and eighty-nine days since I was last able to grace the hallowed artificial turf. thumbdown.gif It was good to catch up with old and new faces alike and adorn my favourite non-grass surface once more. As a bibbed playa (bitches!), the result (kinda gave up counting) was not positive. Despite both sides perhaps appearing to be evenly matched ‘on paper’, the non-bibs ran out comfortable winners in the end. And about ten minutes in too, really, despite 2-5 becoming 5-6 during a ten-minute spell about halfway through.

It’s disappointing that fouls are no longer called, with many not even acknowledging them. Indeed, for the game’s opener, big Mark decked me, took the ball and finished with a neat shot that went in off the woodwork with a satisfyingly metal “PING”. Sounds like i'm moaning... well, I am! 1eye.gif

Pat Nevin might have offered further post-match analysis such as the non-bibs were more incisive in the final-third, made the most of their opportunities (particularly on the counter-attack), defending and attacking as a team to deliver a robust unit tactically. The football pundit may have described the endeavors of the bibs team as not working the channels enough, with poor decision making and communication in all areas of the pitch contributing to their downfall. I was as culpable as any bibbed man, and I do apologise for not having learned telepathy – yet! whistling.gif

Zo showed that he’s still got bags of energy and a good burst of pace over three yards despite nearing his mid-forties lol.gif ; big Mark’s juggernaught style led to him scoring a good few goals, but missing many, many more with his increasingly erratic shooting; Brian C and big Stef read the game well at the back, with the latter a revelation in his new non-wide left role; big Fraser holding the ball up well at times and the left-footed and slight-built young man on the bibs who could beat men at will but couldn’t finish a dinner of half a McD’s french fry.

MOTM? king.gif Wee Sean for his box-to-box (Giggity) performance all night. A special mention to all who continue to make this event happen. thumbup2.gif Unfortunately, I’ll be working away for the remainder of the year at least, so see you all at the games cheering on the Saints or next year.

Ps the burn in my calves from cramp after three games in three nights explains this ungodly hour. donatello.gif <- never used that emoticon... COWABUNGA!

care to expand a little?

Great match report Caveman. Only 180 odd days until your next one.

I think a wee corporate day out at St Mirren Park would be a great day out for everyone. I looked up the fixtures and thought Thistle at home on the 8th November looked a decent shout. As Ian suggested the other night maybe we should get some sort of shortlist of dates together and fire out a wee pole to everyone involved.

5th of March 2014.

My first ever man of the match nomination! I weep with joy. punk.gif