B&w Army 8S - Every Wednesday 2000 To 2100 Sign Up Now

div

Invites have gone out for next week lads, i`m off to York on the piss this weekend so dont really want to have to chase people up, so try & get the responses back in asap please .thumbup2.gif

P.s. perhaps someone who was there this evening could give me an idea how the game went ? Ta.

Pretty much the same as last week.

Non bibs races into a 4 or 5 goal lead, might even have got to 6 up at one point?

Having a decent keeper in goals for a chunk if the game really helped and up front they couldn't miss.

Bibs pulled it back and managed to get in front at the end only for the non bibs to equalise.

Think it ended all square?

Good game as always :)

Nobody else needs to reply because without being too patronising, I think I know more about the game than them.....

:P

Edited by davidg

Pretty much the same as last week.

Non bibs races into a 4 or 5 goal lead, might even have got to 6 up at one point?

Having a decent keeper in goals for a chunk if the game really helped and ip front they couldn't miss.

Bibs pulled it back and managed to get in front at the end only for the non bibs to equalise.

Think it ended all square?

Good game as always smile.png

Nobody else needs to reply because without being too patronising, I think I know more about the game than them.....

tongue.png

lol.gif Just waiting on the vote of confidence from the Board ! thumbup2.gif

Invites sent for next week guys thumbup2.gif As per usual , lets get `em back as soon as possible.clap2.gif

Turned up with ten minutes to go this evening & you would have thought the game had finished !! No atmosphere, no shouting & no enthusiasm ................. Just like watching St.Mirren .huh.png

Very one sided game by all accounts , Comfortable victory for the Non -Bibs.

Need to shake it up a bit for next week.

Invites have gone out for next week, as usual , lets get em back in pronto .

Fairly straight forward win for the Bibs tonight , four goals to the good in the end.

Next week we`re going to try playing a full game without a hand ball !! Must have been a

dozen unnecessary attempts at out field goalkeeping ....... & thats not counting the goalkeeper sweepers !!

What's happened to this game? Used to be played in a good spirit now it's full of bad tackles and people ruining it.

Intentional fouls and handballs every week, spoiling the game. What's the point in playing when everytime you try beat a man you get kicked or pulled back, not mistimed just trying to stop the game.

Not even convinced some of the people in the game are St Mirren fans anymore like it used to be.

Edited by DannysRevolution

What's happened to this game? Used to be played in a good spirit now it's full of bad tackles and people ruining it.

Intentional fouls and handballs every week, spoiling the game. What's the point in playing when everytime you try beat a man you get kicked or pulled back, not mistimed just trying to stop the game.

Not even convinced some of the people in the game are St Mirren fans anymore like it used to be.

Dont agree about the bad tackle thing Bud,I cant see much change from when i started. its a competitive game & theres always going to be the odd clatter.

I do agree about the handball thing though , as i said on my post earlier. It spoils the game & creates bad feeling

As for the Saints supporter thing , I agree 100% . This is the St.mirren fans forum footy ,Imo it should be for Saints fans, that said ,a good few non buds have been involved for a long time, what do you suggest ? we should turf out non saints ? thats a toughie .

Dont agree about the bad tackle thing Bud,I cant see much change from when i started. its a competitive game & theres always going to be the odd clatter.

I do agree about the handball thing though , as i said on my post earlier. It spoils the game & creates bad feeling

As for the Saints supporter thing , I agree 100% . This is the St.mirren fans forum footy ,Imo it should be for Saints fans, that said ,a good few non buds have been involved for a long time, what do you suggest ? we should turf out non saints ? thats a toughie .

I probably didn't word that correctly, I didn't mean hard tackles. Not got a problem with that at all, that's part of the game. However it's the "professional fouls" that are annoying. Getting ankles clipped for no reason gets frustrating after a while. Not going to name names but it's the same people every week.

Name names, the non Saints fans won't be reading this thread or site anyways!

Last time I was in the game, a guy who had been involved since week 1 "retired" cos of the way the game was now being played.

& from what i recall , was it not someone from "week 1" who had particularly upset him ?

Thats it , lets close the borders & refuse player permits for any "incomers" tongue.pngwink.png

It's a friendly game of 8 asides. We've not got a ref to give fouls, people do it 3/4 times a game which is a sending off. It's ruined the game for me recently and to be honest it's not enjoyable anymore.

Going by people who are on the ground and they kick you for no reason, that's not a professional foul. Same people every week and everyone knows who these people are. A lot of past regulars don't even play anymore. I wonder why...

I got a wee run of games recently and then had to pull out this week with the only thing worse than child birth, manflu.

Can't say I've noticed too many bad challenges, a few accidental collisions at pace but no kicking out at anyone.

Chris took a sore one the other week but that wasn't deliberate and these things happen.

Has been a rise in stupid handballs though which can be annoying.

Danny Revolution = Ross?

Edited by davidg

I have to agree though, i've noticed it more and more recently. People getting frustrated and lashing out. Even seen someone the other week getting frustrated with themselves and lashing out at someone else, or kicking the ball away when its went out for a kick in.

I don't mind the fouls so much, as its a contact sport, but its the manner in which they happen. Half the time theirs no apology any more. If you hurt someone, even if its completely accidental, say sorry and make sure they are alright. If its a deliberate foul, don't come back.

Returning to football after a 6 month sebatical. Older, less fitter and still not very good at football. :-( It will be like watching Mark Yardley in the Albion Rovers years. :-(

Hoping for a good game and sort out all these 'Jim Goodwin' wannabees who are upsetting the good vibes around the Wednesday night game.

Will be great to see you all again. :-)

Maybe we need another night out to bring back the love?. x

Where do i sign up

It's a man's game ffs