B&w Army 8S - Every Wednesday 2000 To 2100 Sign Up Now

div

Well that shook the new year hangover away ! Game played at a fairly high tempo with some good play from both sides. The bibs carried the greater threat from the start and raced into a four goal lead. The nons nipped away and on a couple of occasions they got back on level terms and even managed to edge a goal in front for a short period but the Bibs moved the ball about well and looked dangerous every time they attacked ,eventually running out winners by two goals. Good game : )

The invites have already gone out, Get em in early guys : )
& Dont forget to vote for your MOTM   :rolleyes:

Sorry Folks , Just had a call from the club to say the Domes down due to the wind. No word yet on when it will be back up , contractors will be coming up to assess any damage and to get it back up asap.

I know in previous years we`ve sorted alternative games but at this late stage and given the current weather and the worse forecast i`m not going to bother until we find out how long it is going to be out of action . Monday game is almost defo off also but i`ll wait till the workies have had a look before i cancel that.

I will amend teamer & also inform through FB but if you see or talk to any of your fellow players , please spread the word.

Finally. As before, tonights invite will stay in place for the next match.... whenever it is

Just to keep you in the loop. Mark K had contacted me about the place in Love street (ultimate indoor soccer ) i went there today , it was closed & no-one answering phone. Ill try again later. It advertises 5/6 a-side pitches. I was looking to do what we did two years ago.... book two pitches , 4 x 5 a side teams, half hour each then two winning teams play each other- two losing play. Everyone gets their hour. No need to do anything yet ,ill be in touch

Right guys . A wee update on whats been sorted for next week.

Monday. 6:00 -7:00 pm
I have booked 1 pitch at Ultimate indoor soccer , next to Farmer autocare on Inchinnan road. We will play either 5s or 6 a-side and see how it goes. If i get demand for more spaces , i can book another pitch.
Wednesday :6:00-7-00 pm. I have booked 2 pitches to have 4 x 5 a side teams at the same venue. We`ll give it a try and see what the feedback is.
Thanks to those who got back to me with indications of wanting to play, Teamer invites have gone out for BOTH events, can you please make sure you get them back to me asap.

Ok we have a full list of bodies for both the Monday & Wednesday.

Thanks to all for helping out & getting back with prompt replies, :clapping  it really does make life easier. Just remember , the games are indoor at the Ultimate soccer, just down from Love street , beside Farmer autofit. It is a SIX O`Clock KO on both days,

As we`ve never played there before and dont know the set up, please try and be there ten minutes before KO. :thumbs2

Well , our first game at Ultimate indoor soccer tonight. Really good wee set up they`ve got there , certainly an able fill in for when the Dome is down . fast paced game caught a few out , certainly a few knackered bods by the end of the game, myself included !! It could hardly have been closer with goals raining in from both sides from the off- & some cracking goals there was too , wont mention big Mark lobbing the keeper ; ) But the non bibs edged it in the end.
Its looking like the dome may be out of action for a few weeks so its same venue next week .
Invites have already gone out

5 minutes ago, Escapee Isma is god said:

Why you in a thread talking to yer sel 

This thread is for those who play the BAWA footy or those who are interested in engaging in discussion about it or simply browsing. Anyone who wants to pollute it with trolling crap is not welcome. ^_^

I trust you are not such a person ?

2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

This thread is for those who play the BAWA footy or those who are interested in engaging in discussion about it or simply browsing. Anyone who wants to pollute it with trolling crap is not welcome. ^_^

I trust you are not such a person ?

No I was innocent it was a wrongful conviction 

Right , It seems like the Fives may have been a wee bit of a lung buster for some so let me put this out there.

To play the Wednesday game as Sixes, we need to have a minimum of Four extra who would play if we decided to do that.

So, If you have NOT received an invite for next Wednesday but would like to be added to the playing list , Let me know ASAP and ill see whether we can do it. Let me know on here, on FB or by TXT if you are interested.

Just a wee word about the current situation.

The dome is obviously down and needs repairs. We are BAWA fives and as such (IMO) we should always try to ensure our money is spent with our club, however until the situation is remedied we have to seek alternative venues. Again , IMO the Ultimate soccer facility gives us a local / indoor / suitable & cost effective alternative.... unfortunately given the time slot we have i do appreciate that quite a few of our regulars cant make it therefore miss out.

I`m really sorry about people missing out but no matter what time or Location i go for there will always be winners and losers,indeed , despite organising it, i missed last night due to work so i`m not doing it to benefit myself !!

I know there are other venues we could look at outdoor but when we did that last year at Linwood and the previous at Pitz there were those who didn`t fancy running about outdoor on a Scottish January evening and missed out then also.(got to be Honest , i missed out because of starting my new job but i`m in no hurry to head outdoors !)

So , in summary, Apologies for the inconvenience and hopefully we will be back at the Dome sooner rather than later.

KTF - COYS !!

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

On 19/01/2017 at 7:48 PM, Callum Gilhooley said:

Right , It seems like the Fives may have been a wee bit of a lung buster for some so let me put this out there.

To play the Wednesday game as Sixes, we need to have a minimum of Four extra who would play if we decided to do that.

So, If you have NOT received an invite for next Wednesday but would like to be added to the playing list , Let me know ASAP and ill see whether we can do it. Let me know on here, on FB or by TXT if you are interested.

OK , we are going to have a bash at getting six a sides.   Jack , Benny , Charlie and Fraser T.  Teamer invites have been sent , please get them back as soon as possible.

:thumbs2

Well , what can i say about tonight ? Two no shows , several late arrivals due to the accident on the M8 and some last minute re-organising of teams contributed to a fairly chaotic hour which , i`m afraid detracted massively from the evenings footy. In hindsight , the attempt to get two six a side games on simultaneously didn`t work . Hopefully the Dome is OK for next week.

Invites for Monday game indoor at Ultimate have gone out.

The Dome will defo be out of action for Monday but might be back up for next Wednesday so i wont book anything for wed till i find out. As before, the last line up for the dome will get the invites for the first one back.

OK , Wee update: The Dome might be repaired for Wednesday but the Electrics & stuff still needs to be checked so there will be NO GAME at the dome this week. Given last weeks shambles at indoor with late & no shows, i wont be booking that format again. Options are :
We can have one six a side @ Indoor. 6:00 K.O.
Seven a-side outdoor @ Pitz (powerleague) Either 6-7 or 9:00- 10.00pm (7-9 is block booked)
Or if anyone else fancies any other time / venue, you can sort it out,
Hopefully the dome will be up for next Monday