B&w Army 8S - Every Wednesday 2000 To 2100 Sign Up Now

div

There are going to be some who miss out next week because they are going to Kirkcaldy . Posted this on FB.Would appreciate thoughts here or on FB or txt.

We discussed this the last week & the general consensus was that we would go ahead with the game and those who drop out go to the top of the list rather than the bottom. For what its worth , i agree with you but what are the options? we dont play , fair enough if thats what we decide , i can cancel the game no problem or the people who have accepted the game next week miss out the week after. As i said , you all gathered round and this was the option that was chosen

As things stand, we have Charlie , Neil & Stuart who will miss out from the original line up. If you two go (benny & Nicky) that makes 5 , there may well be a couple more. If you want the game cancelled , let me know, if you want the game treated as a stand alone (my preference) then the guys who came in this week will drop back to the reserve list . (i can hear the moans about that already !!

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

I won't be going to Kirkcaldy but it would seem daft to punish guys who choose to follow the team when its the Black & White Army 8's.  I'd be more than happy for those who go to game to keep their place at the top of the list.  I'd like a game on Wednesday mind you.In the dome...or at Starks Park....Mr Ross???

From bawa footy  FB.

No problem , as i said in my first post , i agree it should be a stand alone game so i`m gonna make an executive decision here . The squad who last played on the 22nd will get the invites for the next available game & those who have filled in from reserve will revert back there . (cue moans from the ones who will miss out ! ! )

Right , One for the Diary. We are going with the Majority here. The BAWA footy day out will be Saturday 8th April , home game V Dumbarton. I have contacted the Club to see if we can use the 1877 club pre match. I will let you know what the response is. After the match its the St.Mirren supporting Bankhouse for Pies, Pieces and Pints :guinnessFraser B would you mind doing the honours Bud ?:thumbs2

On paper it looked like a fairly even game with two sides full of attacking intent..... On astroturf it turned out different !   The Non Bibs raced away , scoring four quick goals and putting the Bibs very much on the back foot. Despite the Bibs gradually clawing back the deficit to get within one goal they never really looked as if they believed and in truth the Non Bibs always looked the more likely to extend their lead and so it turned out with the four goal lead being restored in the last quarter .A lead they held fairly comfortably till the end, indeed if it wasn`t for some wayward shooting it could have been more.

Invites have gone out, & Dont forget to vote for MOTM

Well that was a strange one. Looked like two evenly matched teams , with goals in both teams. And so it proved for the first ten to fifteen minutes with both sides cancelling each other out .... then the roof caved in for the non bibs. Once the Bibs got one , two , three and more quickly followed. In the end despite the nons getting a couple back it was never going to be enough to trouble a Bibs team who were on autopilot for the last 10 and won easily.

Dont Forget to vote for your MOTM

Remember , there will be no invites for next Wednesday due to Saints playing at home, and the following week (22nd) invites will be sent to those who played LAST WEEK.

2 hours ago, antrin said:

The following may be of interest to threaders of this thread...

... About the life-art of 5 or 8 asides... :)

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/mar/04/james-brown-five-a-side-above-head-height

Brilliant article which many can relate to . Thank for the link, hope you dont mind if i grab it for the BAWA footy FB page.:thumbs2

OK . So the 1877 Club has been confirmed for the BAWA day oot on 8th April before the Dumbarton Game. As before , to comply with Fire & safety regulations, we need to have names of those who are going to attend in advance . So could you please let me know asap whether you want your name added to the list. You can Accept on FB, send me a TXT, or pm me on BAWA  :guinness

Again, as before, we will be hitting the Bankhouse for Pies ,Pieces N Pints after the match. I would appreciate numbers for that too so we can let them (Via Big Fraser) know in advance  

A good fastr paced game tonight with some cracking play and goals from both sides. The Non Bibs started the better, three shots at goal ... three goals & the Bibs were on the back foot. But not for long , as they clawed back all three then managed to eke out a two goal advantage themselves. For the middle part of the game it was even steven, goals traded and nothing in it. With 15 to go, the non bibs started to find spaces and with it goals. In the end it was a five goal victory for the Bibs which, to be fair , slightly flattered.

A really good fast paced game with two evenly matched teams tonight, chances a plenty and goals galore. The Non bibs took advantage of uncertainty in the Bibs defence to snatch a couple of early goals and looked hungrier from the off, but the Bibs re-grouped & started to click , canceling out the deficit before building their own two goal cushion. Once parity had been restored , goals were traded at both ends as the play raged form end to end. The Bibs definitely had the advantage with pace when they broke but The non bibs were probably the more creative going forward and in the end managed to eke out a two goal lead to snatch the win. Good game , well played.

Another hard fast game , again,two evenly matched teams with little to chose between them. Goals and chances from both teams with the lead changing hands several times throughout the game. In the last 10 minutes the non bibs edged ahead by a couple and managed to hold on for the win. Well done to all for a good game played in the right spirit.

Invites have already gone out for next week, Lets get `em back in good n early.  Dont forget to vote for tonights MOTM, no shortage of candidates from tonights game.

Lastly , i had two late call offs this afternoon , if you have to call off at late notice , try and update teamer please and if poss drop me a txt to make me aware so i can inform the next on reserve list.. Calling off on here or FB is not ideal if i cant / dont check in on FB during the day . Ta. :)

Wee reminder about the BAWA day oot on 8th April (dumbarton Game ) guys :I will be passing the names to Alan @ 1877 club at the end of this week..... If yer names no down yer no gettin in !! & Also will need to give the Bankhouse the Numbers for after the game. If you havent yet responded (& most of you havent !!) please txt & let me know.

Win for the Non bibs tonight but by god was it a hard slog. Both teams went for it from the off, chances taken by both sides and by the halfway mark it was the Bibs who held a three goal lead.The Non bibs then stepped up the pace and gradually whittled away at the deficit , some surging runs and tidy finishes from midfield coupled with determined defending ensured the balance swung in favour of the Nons.  Two goals in it at the end, good game . well done to all.

Invites have gone out for next week , as per usual lets get them back in early. & remember to vote for your MOTM