B&w Army 8S - Every Wednesday 2000 To 2100 Sign Up Now

div

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another update : the dome is partially up and with the fixes should ( hopefully ) be up and running sooner than we and they thought . That said, the bookings are made and invites out for next weeks games at ON-X and I’m leaving them as it is.

As I’ve said before, this game is YOUR game , not mine and we all need to decide what to do next .
My two pence worth ? I would much rather the money goes to Saints but the current situation is a pain and is going to get worse as the structure ages.

My vote goes to getting back to the Dome W/C 29th . I would like the second game to be on the Thursday for purely selfish reasons but our slots at The Dome are Mon & Wed and if that’s what we go for then so be it. No worries.

So , PLEASE take a minute to reply to this.

Do we get back to the dome Mon & Wednesday restarting W/c 29th or do we switch to Mon & Thursday @ ON-X and get a block booking ?

Right guys. Here we go again , wee update . Had a meeting at the club today to discuss the Dome and our games there. Pretty much as we already knew, the Dome is getting on a bit and is requiring more attention than ever ....this is not going to change any time soon.
There are no plans or finance to replace the Dome at this moment in time,so we will need to accept there will be occasions when it is out of commission.
I’ve already stated many times my preference for mon/ thurs but this is not available at the Dome . I’ve had enough people contact me to say that the preferred option is to keep the money going into the club so with effect from next week we are back to the Methadome on a Monday and Wednesday at 8:00 . There will be winners and losers (me) with this but it started as a BAWA game primarily for a Saints fans and its only right that it should continue to be so. The trouble I’ve had getting my numbers for this Thursday at ON-X hasn’t helped the Thursday games case.
Invites will go out for next Wednesday game tonight .

Lastly , I am off on holiday this Friday so will NOT be sending txt , FB or Teamer reminders . Make sure you get your arses in gear and reply to your invite promptly .......and don’t txt me about footy next week !! David or Nicky could you send the invites etc for the games the following week (w.c. 6.5.19 ) please ?

20 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Lastly , I am off on holiday this Friday so will NOT be sending txt , FB or Teamer reminders . Make sure you get your arses in gear and reply to your invite promptly .......and don’t txt me about footy next week !! David or Nicky could you send the invites etc for the games the following week (w.c. 6.5.19 ) please ?

Sorry Callum, I forgot to respond re: the venue etc via text.

I am happy to play any venue locally but with the money going back to club as preferred option.

I have only played once (due to loosing place a week I couldn't make) therefore, feel less in a place to help make decisions. Though would happy play any Monday games as they come up.

• 6 months later...

Back on here for a short spell with a proposition.  We currently play 8 a side at the Dome on Monday and Wednesday .

I am considering setting up a game at the Dome for those of a certain vintage and wanted to see if the appetite is there for it.

There is a free slot at the dome on a Thursday 9:30 - 10-30 for a Regular game . Was thinking perhaps over 45s or over 50s ( yet to be decided).   Would like to have a pool of players we could use in the same way we do for the other games.

if you are interested , please pm me  in the first instance so I can gauge whether this is something worth setting up. 

The sooner the better please . 👍

Brian . 

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

4 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Back on here for a short spell with a proposition.  We currently play 8 a side at the Dome on Monday and Wednesday .

I am considering setting up a game at the Dome for those of a certain vintage and wanted to see if the appetite is there for it.

There is a free slot at the dome on a Thursday 9:30 - 10-30 for a Regular game . Was thinking perhaps over 45s or over 50s ( yet to be decided).   Would like to have a pool of players we could use in the same way we do for the other games.

if you are interested , please pm me  in the first instance so I can gauge whether this is something worth setting up. 

The sooner the better please . 👍

Brian . 

Bump. 

• 2 years later...

The BAWA football games are still going strong.

We play at the Dome on a Monday 8:15 and on a Thursday at Powerleague -8:30 ko. 

All ability levels & ages welcome , from young whippersnappers to Auld farts like me . 

Any of you buds who would like to be included in the Pool for either or both games , just drop me a DM with name & contact details and which game (s) you’re interested in. 👍

Good bunch of lads , mainly Buddies . Why not give it a try ?👍