B&w Army 8S - Every Wednesday 2000 To 2100 Sign Up Now

div

You can play in either. I've switched between the two over the weeks thinking each time that the other pair were the problem for my poor touches. But I soon realised, it's all divs fault. Looking forward to seeing quite a few new faces! Posted Image

Good to know! I turned up to play 7's in Pollokshaws a few weeks ago and got moaned at for wearing mouldies. Also, I can assure you that my poor touches will be nothing to do with my boots...if I though that I'd have written a strongly worded letter to Nike years ago...

Ok guys, despite having 13 players unavailable this week we have still got a full squad.

Here are the teams for this weeks game;

Tangerine Terrors

David Wilson
Steven Morrison
Charlie Kelly
Ross McNicol
Sean Rooney
Andy Newport
Gordon Bell

Thomas McIlroy

Bayern Bibless

Richard Atkinson
Jordan Byrne
Craig Caveney
Ian Craig

Gareth Fairley
Chris Byrne
Bill McCartney
Ewan McColl

I am not playing as I can't get anyone to sit the kids and the missus is working away but I will be there to organise the dosh and handover the bibs etc...

Since we have so many new guys playing this week I thought I'd give everyone a wee info update on the game.

We had 13 declines this week for various reasons but we still easily got our 16 and it gives some of the guys who have been waiting patiently for a game a chance to get into it. The benefit of having a big squad !

Teams are shown in the post above.

For those that haven't played before it's £5 a head, the game is from 8pm to 9pm, be there ten mins before kick off with the correct money if possible, you can wear mouldies or trainers, no real need for shin pads and every single skill level imagineable has taken part and hopefully enjoyed it since we started so don't worry if you havent played in a few years.

Bibs are provided for the Tangerine Terrors so you can wear anything you like.

There are a few guys on teamer who either never reply to invites to play or who always decline any offer of a game. I'd rather not bother people if they genuinely don't want to play any more so if you do want to drop out let me know and I will remove you from Teamer ! Similarly if you feel you never get a chance of a game then get in touch as it is possible I have the wrong contact details for you !

All the game updates are done via Teamer (www.teamer.net). Invites are sent via email and SMS and to the Teamer app if you have downloaded it (it is free), please be sure and respond to any game invites quickly particularly over the summer as we will inevitably have a lot of people dropping in and out of the game due to holidays. You can set your availability on teamer if you want so that it won't try and promote you from the standby list if you are on holiday.

I myself am unable to play this week as the wife is working away and I've nobody to watch the kids but I will still be there to make sure the money and bibs and stuff are sorted.

We have £10 extra every week now in the kitty (pitch is £70 and we collect £80) and to date we have £62 in the pot. If we keep going every week until Christmas we should have around £250 or thereabouts and we will organise a few pints for everyone somewhere, maybe Sunday 29th December either before or after the game at home to Hearts ?

Thanks to everyone who has joined in so far. The games have been a good laugh !

If anyone would like to join in just send an email to [email protected] with your name, contact mobile number and email address and I will add you to Teamer and it will invite you to join the game.

Cheers

Terrible, terrible game for Bayern Bibless. As St.Mirren fans, we see this often, and we have to put it down to just "one of those days". Pumped 10-2 off of Tangerine Terrors....

Bad game for myself, only managed 20 minutes before pulling my thigh and not being able to continue. Ach well, at least I scored before I went off....

Yeah having permanent keepers really makes the difference. Tam was solid in goals for you lot. During the period of when we had the extra man, things evened up a bit and we got 2 on the bounce. Could have been 1 or 2 more, but Tam made some quality saves. Then we went back to to 7 men and it was game over! I think having 8 makes a huge difference as well, I was blowing out my arse for most of that game.

I gave Gareth the man of the match for our team, seemed to be everywhere at points for us. Most of the new guys had solid performances actually. Bring on next week! Hopefully their aren't any more wholesale changes.

Disappointing to have our first "no-show" and still waiting to hear back from Gordon as to why he didn't trap. I double checked teamer and he definitely said he was available to play.

I think we will operate on a two strikes and your out basis. If you say you are going to play and don't show up on two occasions then you are out the squad permanently.

Not fair on the other players.

So it's a yellow card for Gordon !

The kitty is only boosted by a fiver this week because of the no-show, so we anow have £67 in the pot.

Two more players joined the squad yesterday which is great,

Invites have been sent out to the 15 who played last night plus me for next weeks game, please respond as quickly as you can as I am assumign there will be a lot of churn over the summer with holidays etc..

Looking for a couple of players for 5s at the Power League tonight at 9:30.

Had loads of call offs so we need to players, I started a thread in General Nonsense but thought I'd try my luck in here too, might be seen a bit more.

Give me a shout if anyone fancies it...good night for a game of fitba!

Another few changes this week. Here are tonights teams;

Tangerine Terrors

David Wilson
Steven Morrison
Charlie Kelly
Jordan Byrne
Mark Kennedy
Dougiy Collins
Craig Caveney
Thomas McIlroy

Bayern Bibless
Richard Atkinson
Fraser Burns
David MacDonald
Gareth Fairley
Ian Craig
Chris Byrne
Bill McCartney
Ewan McColl

See you all there tonight, at ten to eight with your crisp five pound notes in hand !

Dr Zo can you remember to bring the bibs and the ball please !

Final score tonight in a pulsating game in the dome was Tangerine Terrors 5 Bayern Bibless 3

Gutted for the lads after they worked so hard to come back to level it at 3-3 only for us to throw it away in the last few minutes as we chased the winner.

Bah. Bib wearing f**kers.