B&w Army 8S - Every Wednesday 2000 To 2100 Sign Up Now

div

Its the boys who started 5's before I came here. They organised it initially, they decide the teams and kep the scores re player of the year etc.

3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss. night out in May. £4 a week each, £3 for the park. Balance is night out kitty. Last week a kitty of £650 - good night out

Div, I supect the thing to do is to try and organise the teams in advance. I know that is what happens in here. there are 2 or 3 boys (the self appointed committee) who try to pair players off against each other ( A keeper in each team Ball winners / players etc). picking teams on the evening doesn't really work and no one wants to be last pick. Also, if we can issue teams in advance we might even know some names. just a thought but what do I Know. I won the donly of the year on Friday, won a trophy and left it on the train - It may be in dalmuir.

Charlie

Could be a good idea to pick the teams beforehand since we pretty much know peoples strengths/weaknesses by now. We wasted a good 5 minutes trying to sort teams out last night. Would help with names too (I have a memory like a sieve).

We will of course do "Tic-Tac" to decide who gets first pick.

And if I am last pick I will take my ball home in a huff.

'Tic-Tac' I've never heard of. What's that? Could it be like 'Cock or Hen?' I imagine some of our slightly more senior members (I'm getting there) might remember that.

We will of course do "Tic-Tac" to decide who gets first pick.

And if I am last pick I will take my ball home in a huff.

The best one was to do get someone to turn their back and pick a number for who was to go in goals.. and they always seemed to pick their own number whistling.gif .

Could be a good idea to pick the teams beforehand since we pretty much know peoples strengths/weaknesses by now. We wasted a good 5 minutes trying to sort teams out last night. Would help with names too (I have a memory like a sieve).

Would agree with this - having a 'gamesmaster' type figure or figures that can act to balance the teams is a decent idea.

Unfortunately though, fear I'll need to take a back seat. About a week before my first game was noticing bad knee pains, and over the last fortnight they've been getting worse. :( Daren't risk it next week anyway - better that someone else has a shot instead. Hope it's a closer & better game lads! :)

Ok we have our 16 for tomorrow and I have created two teams;

Bibless Utd

Charlie Kelly
David Wilson
Gordon Bell
Ian Craig
Neil Cameron
Richard Atkinson
Sean Rooney
Steven Logan

Tangerine Terrors

Alan Cassidy
Andy Newport
Bill McCartney
David MacDonald
Ewan MacColl
Nicky Fleming
Robert Smith
Stuart Cameron

We will see how it goes !

Guest somner9

Ok we have our 16 for tomorrow and I have crated two teams;

Bibless Utd

Charlie Kelly

David Wilson

Gordon Bell

Ian Craig

Neil Cameron

Richard Atkinson

Sean Rooney

Steven Logan

Tangerine Terrors

Alan Cassidy

Andy Newport

Bill McCartney

David MacDonald

Ewan MacColl

Nicky Fleming

Robert Smith

Stuart Cameron

FREE THE DOME 16!

Ok we have our 16 for tomorrow and I have crated two teams;

Bibless Utd

Charlie Kelly

David Wilson

Gordon Bell

Ian Craig

Neil Cameron

Richard Atkinson

Sean Rooney

Steven Logan

Tangerine Terrors

Alan Cassidy

Andy Newport

Bill McCartney

David MacDonald

Ewan MacColl

Nicky Fleming

Robert Smith

Stuart Cameron

Without trying to sound harsh, I really don't think those teams will make for a good game. Don't know everyone's names yet but those I do makes me think it may be a bit one sided!

Guest somner9

Without trying to sound harsh, I really don't think those teams will make for a good game. Don't know everyone's names yet but those I do makes me think it may be a bit one sided!

Is this a "Come and get me plea" to the Terrors Bibless Utd?

Edited by somner9

Very difficult to pick the teams, what way to you think one sided ?

Very difficult to pick the teams, what way to you think one sided ?

I know its not easy for you

Just those teams are strongly 1 sided. I know its not everyones cup of tea but I reckon captains is the way to go until everyone knows names so we can then choose teams in advance. Just my opinion though!

Ok, maybe I have got the teams wrong. I didn't play last week so I have no idea who was in what team and how the game went !

Might just appoint two captains and let them pick the teams on the night instead.

I seem to have been transferred from the bibs to the non bibs! Is div undertaking a Danny Lennon style clearlout? smile.png

Definitely not ! I prefer it when you are in my team as you are one of the very few who stays at the back. Along with perennial right back Richard !

Guest somner9

Definitely not ! I prefer it when you are in my team as you are one of the very few who stays at the back. Along with perennial right back Richard !

Being played out of position?

Shouldn't he be leftback... in the business lounge?