So Farewell William Roache!

Guest somner9

What , 'allegedly' , 'in the sixties' , oh ffsake.

Only winners here are lawyers, and of course an old ham actor loses his so called professional reputation.

Hmm, then again , Tracy looked awfy different coming back downstairs after running up to the bathroom to brush her teeth for two weeks

Guest somner9

the street has yet another surprise extended holiday in the offing, i presume.

They'll be hiring extra editors to remove the footage of all of the alleged miscreants.

Wonder what the next revelation will be, My money is on a child-eating scandal involving the meerkats

No wonder Tracey Barlow (Loyal) turned out to be a murderer and Deidre such a whinning auld cow!

Guest somner9

What , 'allegedly' , 'in the sixties' , oh ffsake.

Only winners here are lawyers, and of course an old ham actor loses his so called professional reputation.

Hmm, then again , Tracy looked awfy different coming back downstairs after running up to the bathroom to brush her teeth for two weeks

I wish with all my heart that no form of abuse ever befalls you and yours. All victims/survivors ever want is to be believed and the guilty/colluders held to account. No matter how long they have lived with that trauma!

I wish with all my heart that no form of abuse ever befalls you and yours. All victims/survivors ever want is to be believed and the guilty/colluders held to account. No matter how long they have lived with that trauma!

Too true and thanks.................

However this all seems to be a bit of a Pandora's box spinning out from back of the Saville shenanigans.....................at least it's moved on a bit in that the alleged perps are now in their sixties, seventies and eighties as opposed to dead and buried.

Also made comments on a chat show about girls deserving it, I do think that these comments might be the reasons someones making allegations, though from the 60's seems a bit long to wait to complain and prove it.

never too long to wait, some will get encouragement to come forward when they see others are now being believed, i will never judge anyone accuser or accused until the facts come out, but those who suffer have to deal with it their own way and it's up to them to speak out about it - no matter how long it takes them

Also made comments on a chat show about girls deserving it, I do think that these comments might be the reasons someones making allegations, though from the 60's seems a bit long to wait to complain and prove it.

Ocht it's a sign of the times in my opinion.....

Was the accused a self obsessed, boorish bully and alleged rapist, is the alleged victim 'at it'. From what I can observe it seems to me these accusations decades later can often be a result of the ever expanding litigious culture , so prevalent today. Do some miscreants think about a pension plan top up , are they the genuine and innocent victim of abuse , or maybe a calculating fibbing fantasist.....................we'll never know , that's the sad and only likely outcome...........it's truly a grim reflection of today's society, that we now are even contemplating these issues.

I blame Thatcher , no it was banning the belt , no the swinging sixties , no it was National Service abolition, erm naw, it was all about the Bosman ruling, it's the European court of do what you like's fault .....................lol

never too long to wait, some will get encouragement to come forward when they see others are now being believed, i will never judge anyone accuser or accused until the facts come out, but those who suffer have to deal with it their own way and it's up to them to speak out about it - no matter how long it takes them

I'd agree Buddiecat, I do however think there should be some sort of protection in place to stop papers identifying these people until there is at least enough evidence to bring them to court.

Allegations of this nature are particluarly damaging and there's been a string of wrongly accused people who have had to rebuild their lives due to people like somner calling them a dirty bastard when they've been found guilty of nothing.

We still have people too stupid to understand that the phrase "no smoke without fire" is bollox

I'd agree Buddiecat, I do however think there should be some sort of protection in place to stop papers identifying these people until there is at least enough evidence to bring them to court.

That is true . The accused should have some protection until proved guilty. Most of the ones arrested post "saville" haven't came as a great surprise, even the one about DLT being a groper. I was surprised about the arrest of Rolf Harris tho' , I didn't expect him to be a miscreatan, hope he isn't. .

These incidents are tragic and despicable and the guilty parties deserve everything the law can throw at them but it's equally as tragic that they can be named in public long before any real proof of guilt has been proven.

Mud sticks, innocent people and their families could be hurt beyond repair.

By all means find these people but keep names out of the public domain until guilty.

Guest somner9

So a victim has to live a life time of torture and trauma, having lost faith & trust in their fellow man, even when decades later they find the strength from god knows where to come forward and give evidence against their abuser?

But even when the police and prosecution service determine there is a case to answer the Abuser should continue to remain anonymous, as they have done for decades? never once seeking to take accountability for a life, or lives they have wrecked in fulfilling their criminal needs???

If someone is arrested and charged some 46 years on, don't you think the justice system have concluded there is a case to answer?

The institutions like the catholic church, the BBC, succsessive governments have colluded to cover up and deny victims the chance to see their abusers and colluders take accountability. It seems some on here back that state controlled collusion!

Any coincidence a couple of weeks back that out of no where Roache gives an interview to New Zealand TV insisting people accused of abuse should remain anonymous??? He knew what was in the offing, and the power he held over his victim to maintain his annonymity was being peeled away.

Yeah maybe we should all keep quiet, sweep it under the table, maybe they were asking for it? who waits decades to recount a horrendous attack that leaves them riddled with guilt, shame prone to suicide? yeah they'll be after money.

I feel genuine sorrow for my fellow man when even today they're are people prepared to question the motives of victims from decades ago, rather than condemn the likes of Saville and the BBC for suppressing, facilitating and covering up decades of abuse.

Edited by somner9

These incidents are tragic and despicable and the guilty parties deserve everything the law can throw at them but it's equally as tragic that they can be named in public long before any real proof of guilt has been proven.

Mud sticks, innocent people and their families could be hurt beyond repair.

By all means find these people but keep names out of the public domain until guilty.

A well constucted post , good points and succinctly put , yet with sufficinet weight to make your point..................all that wi 'a steam turbine, well done.

I had to edit , all in order to praise f/way.................oh dear whistling.gif

Edited by Seaside Nipper

Guest somner9

Yeah let's champion anonymity for the criminal abusers. I mean what's the worst that keeping their names quiet can bring? Oh aye they will still be free to carry on sexually abusing NINE year olds as no one will be aware they are predatory abusers who seek to get close to their victims as the grooming and the chase only add to their sexual pleasure.

yeah let's keep quiet.

The BBC reporter outside Ken's hoose said that there was enough evidence to bring forward a case and,I quote

" There was enough public interest" ........

What has public interest got to do with guilty or not guilty ??????

I hope she misquoted the CPS .....

In this instance interest means wellbeing - it is for the general wellbeing of the public that these allegations are pursued.

Having said that my opinion is that it comes down to age of the victim - if they are under 16 it's criminal if they are 16 or over it's really only sleazy.