So Farewell William Roache!

Guest somner9

I read Littlejohn in the Daily Mail this morning Somner.

He more or less agrees with you regarding the naming of suspects.

I can see both your points now.

I've just read Littlejohn's article and like you, Shull, I've always had a lot of time for him. I've read his piece through twice and he really seems torn. He says at one point that he agrees with the ex Met chief Ian Blair that suspects must be named when they are arrested. But at the end of his article, in the last five or six paragraphs, he makes his discomfort with what is going on very clear. He states quite categorically that these high profile suspects cannot possibly expect a fair trial. I agree with that and that has been the thrust of all I've said about this whole sordid mess. Because the crimes or alleged crimes are so hellish, it seems some folk are quite happy to forget about the letter of the law that states everyone is entitled to a fair trial.

Guest somner9

I've had a good look through these posts and the "Anonymity or Accountability" thread and I can't see anyone suggesting that these rapists/serial child abusers shouldn't get a fair trial!

Mystified why that keeps being suggested when no one has mentioned it???

My line, unlike some has been consistent: investigate, CPS independent assessment, arrest, charge, name. It is one of the key foundations of our criminal justice system, and no one should get special treatment.

I think that explains my position clearly and succinctly. And I never felt the need to fire off insults when my arguement lost tractionclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Aye Rick, Littlejohn suggested it was fine to name a suspect after he was charged, but he felt uncomfortable naming anybody before a charge had been made.

Which is fair enough i suppose.

Guest TPAFKATS

That's Tarbuck nicked an all. 70's abuse on a boy, allegedly.

It looks like benny hill was the only 70's celeb who wasnt up to something ohmy.png

I've had a good look through these posts and the "Anonymity or Accountability" thread and I can't see anyone suggesting that these rapists/serial child abusers shouldn't get a fair trial!

Mystified why that keeps being suggested when no one has mentioned it???

My line, unlike some has been consistent: investigate, CPS independent assessment, arrest, charge, name. It is one of the key foundations of our criminal justice system, and no one should get special treatment.

I think that explains my position clearly and succinctly. And I never felt the need to fire off insults when my arguement lost tractionclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

You are on here calling them dirty bastards before they've had a trial at all.

Seriously can you really be this stupid?

You are on here calling them dirty bastards before they've had a trial at all.

Seriously can you really be this stupid?

Yes, this is the guy who started this thread with the heading 'Ya Manky Bastard', and now he says he believes in a fair trial. An open mind has to go hand in hand with that. The irony of it is lost on him.

Guest somner9

Best laugh in ages!!!

Rick has Joined forces with Oaksoft/Dicko (pictured below)

push_me_pull_you.jpg

As a result I feel as if I'm being savaged by this:fish.gif

mammalsheepdead.jpg

Edited by somner9

Guest somner9

Yes, this is the guy who started this thread with the heading 'Ya Manky Bastard', and now he says he believes in a fair trial. An open mind has to go hand in hand with that. The irony of it is lost on him.

So you couldn't find anyone suggesting that serial child abusers/rapists should'nt have a fair trial. Fair enough at least you were honest about itwhistling.gif

Morality of the sick bag , call it what you like, sometimes the reality of life is as we see day in day out , indeed just a bag sick. You cannot deny it , sad , but true, ask most folk in any walk of life, they'll have a tale or two.

Oops, you are not a cave dweller with no neighbours , right , just checking , no offence....no Ivory Tower ?

I have no doubt whatsoever that in some cases self interest and a few coin is most certainly the motivation, that is unquestionable ...................pop down to court most days you'll see / hear some seriously morally corrupt and financially motivated shenanigans and the what's in it for me mindset most certainly plays a part. I am not saying for one minute all cases of this distasteful nature are all about the lucre, but I'll bet you ( heh heh ) a lot are. Equally there are surely horrendous tales of abuse and innocence lost , that too is undeniable and the tragedy is it will continue, always has and always will. I hope that's not too uncomfortable an observation for you.

Surely you are not so naive or aherm ' moronic' as you so poetically put it, to dismiss my expressed opinion as irrelevant , surely you have more about you than to fail to realise that these cases are a minefield and that there are occasions as has been seen with Yewtree currently that there is a bandwagon effect. This is ironically created in no small way by the people engaged in exercising everyone's rights under law. I'm sure you understand that...................

Ok , so according to you I'm just a sicko, I have no moral fibre, I'm a rotten member of society because I express a contrary or objectionable opinion to you, well, thanks. If only I could be as righteous and good as you then........must be great. You know there is a name for the kind of intolerance you expressed to me on my legitimate view / and or of the views of others.................go figure ohmy.png

Anyway , all cases on their merits , for sure civil rights and all that, undeniable and absolutely, so what's the problem. I'm only expressing my opinion, it is after all as you so nicely put it , my moronic civil right to do so after all.

Jist sayin like flowers.gif .................night night , don't let the bed bugs bite ..........and that is not a euphemism

If this makes you comfortable then fine. you are missing the point so badly there is little point in carrying on

• 8 months later...

I think that the brief speech he made outside court would be enough to tarnish his reputation.

And yes, I know he was found to be not guilty.

Some people can't see the wood for the trees. Are you a sore loser, Tony? Never mind, a bit of practice for 18th.September.

Maybe as well Somner doesn't post. William Roache's solicitors are on the lookout for libelous statements. The completely erroneous 'Ya Manky Bastard' would take some whacking. Might be safe as long as it was confined to our forum.

Now we have many of Roache's co stars coming out saying he should never have been prosecuted, hope the people who told "lies" about him are now themselves prosecuted, and having a go at the CPS for bringing the case. This is presumably because there is a misguided view among some people, particularly when it supports their beliefs, that the judicial system is infallable. Plenty guilty people walk free, and some innocent get convicted.

Edited by Hendo

Guest TPAFKATS

Some people can't see the wood for the trees. Are you a sore loser, Tony? Never mind, a bit of practice for 18th.September.

Maybe as well Somner doesn't post. William Roache's solicitors are on the lookout for libelous statements. The completely erroneous 'Ya Manky Bastard' would take some whacking. Might be safe as long as it was confined to our forum.

Sore loser? Not in this case Rick as I had no involvement in the case.

You're getting a obsessed with a referendum you don't have a vote in.

Edited by TPAFKATS

Sore loser? Not in this case Rick as I had no involvement in the case.

You're getting a obsessed with a referendum you don't have a vote in.

Presumably then you have no regrets at all about some of your posts last year. Most people have a problem admitting they were wrong so don't worry about it.

So I as a Scot still living in the UK and having lots of relations in Scotland, have no right to an opinion on what becomes of my homeland? I admit I never expected to see an egalitarian society in my lifetime and if you're a typical Scot Nat, then I'll be right. Or are you Labour with Nationalist views?

I think Scotland should stick with the Union but I don't froth at the mouth when someone disagrees with my view. You know why I've said so much? I love getting over the top reaction and bile as Nationalists get their knickers in a twist. I've never come across a crowd who get drawn so easily like a moth to a candle. It's too easy. But I'm fed up with it. No challenge any more. I'll butt out.