Heart Of Midlothian In Administration

shull

They have arrangements in place..... however clear..?

Quote:"If, for any reason and during or after any Season, any Club ceases to operate or participate in or to be member of the League or any Play-Off Competition, its playing record in the League and/or any Play-Off Competitions may be expunged by the Board and/or the Board may determine the deemed score in the remainder of its Official Matches and/or the Board may take such steps and make such determinations as to League and Divisional position and/or promotion and/or relegation and participation and/or results in and outcome of any Play-Off Competition and/or any other competition operated by the Company and any and all such further or other steps or measures as the Board shall consider appropriate in the circumstances."

Cheers Somner9 - I was too lazy and feckless to look it up for myself... and this answers my question, though not the outcome on which we'd just have to wait and see what they decide.

Leishman just interviewed on the wireless talking about how great it is that a CVA has been agreed to 'save' Dunfermline. Arsehole.

Aye, that's right Jim, I'm sure all the creditors who've been shafted will be raising a glass of fizz tonight. The guy has lacked class and humility throughout this process.

At least the administrator had the good grace to mention the fact that many people have lost a lot of money as a result of this shambles..

Leishman is a cnut. I highlighted his reaction to Dunfermline entering administration when he appeared on TV and said 'this is a good result for Dunfermline FC'. Senile auld cnut. I hope their 'Pars Fans' takeover falls on its' arse, their club dies, and they build an Aldi on East End Park.

“Now the CVA has been approved, once the 28 days for lodging objections runs out, Pars United can go on and conclude the agreement for the ground which is already in place. That will then put them in control of the stadium and I will transfer the shares of Dunfermline to them. They will have to meet the football debts in full, which are £170,000 – that’s a mixture of football clubs and players. The other debt, apart from the preferential creditors, is 0p in the pound to the ordinary creditors. Their debt was in the region of £10m. The preferential creditors will get an estimated £65-70,000.

Classy!

Edited by Bud the Baker

Leishman is a cnut. I highlighted his reaction to Dunfermline entering administration when he appeared on TV and said 'this is a good result for Dunfermline FC'. Senile auld cnut. I hope their 'Pars Fans' takeover falls on its' arse, their club dies, and they build an Aldi on East End Park.

Classy!

Indeed.

It is genuinely sickening, and little better than 'the big house must stay open' pish heard last year.

Anyone who thinks this is a good outcome needs his stones kicked.

In fairness to Leishman, who actually is a very nice guy, the problem was Masterton.

Masterton is the one who deserves a kicking for his mismanagement.

This CVA delivered that precisely because Masterton has lost nearly £9 million.

Dunfermline going out of business wouldn't have helped the small businesses which lost money to them and would have made a bad situation far worse.

This CVA safeguards lots of jobs, hurts the very person who caused the problem more than anyone else and will give small businesses a chance to make up their losses by providing business for them.

BTW any business which has gone bust due to Dunfermline needs to look at their business model.

You should never be reliant on a single client and you should never allow a client to rack up a debt large enough to sink you.

In fairness to Leishman, who actually is a very nice guy, the problem was Masterton.

Dunfermline going out of business wouldn't have helped the small businesses which lost money to them and would have made a bad situation far worse.

This CVA safeguards lots of jobs, hurts the very person who caused the problem more than anyone else and will give small businesses a chance to make up their losses by providing business for them.

BTW any business which has gone bust due to Dunfermline needs to look at their business model.

You should never be reliant on a single client and you should never allow a client to rack up a debt large enough to sink you.

You make a lot of good points here, but I still think Leishman is a cnut of the highest order. Maybe I was a bit harsh in an earlier post, so if they survive and provide employment to people - fine. If they go tits up and disappear like Third Lanark - fine. Que sera sera.

That would be fine if Dumfermline continued to deal with the small business who were given 0p in the pound.

I know of one small business who has lost out to a Dunfermline based business and therefore is not being given the opportunity to recoup his loss.

• 2 weeks later...

That would be fine if Dumfermline continued to deal with the small business who were given 0p in the pound.

I know of one small business who has lost out to a Dunfermline based business and therefore is not being given the opportunity to recoup his loss.

I agree which is why I said Masterton is the man you need to hunt down not Leishman.

Leishman is in there trying to pick up the pieces.

You need to see what the man does for struggling local kids interested in taking up music to keep themselves out of trouble.

He may be many things but a c**t isn't one of them.

He was when he was warbling utter shite about Dunfermline's administration... Which is the beginning and end of me thinking he's a cnut. He's probably brand new with puppies, grannies, and is a nice fellow.

When it came to his club sailing up shit creek - he acted like a cnut.

• 4 months later...

I see that the poor Hearts are set for a second appeal, if they win they could once again steal our potential signings :shockaroony you need to feel sorry for them.

Hearts set for second appeal to SFA to allow them to sign players over fears Jambos kids are being run into the ground

7 Jan 2014 00:01

HAMPDEN chiefs knocked back an earlier request but with relegation looking certain the Jambos hope their transfer embargo will be lifted to help protect teenagers from burn out.

Hearts' players suffer again as they lose to Partick Thistle

SNS

HEARTS are ready to beg the SFA to let them sign players six weeks after being knocked back because they fear for the futures of some of their top kids who are being run into ground.

Record Sport can reveal an initial appeal by administrators BDO fell on deaf ears.

But with relegation now looking a certainty Hearts are 19 points adrift they are hoping that in the interests of looking after the youngsters who have been forced to play almost every game this term the transfer embargo will be lifted.

The Jambos were hit with a signing ban and a 15-point deduction for going into administration but hope to emerge from the insolvency event at the end of February.

By then though they fear it will be too late for some of their players and are looking for help now.

A club insider told Record Sport: We werent surprised when the SFA said no to the initial request because it would have opened up a can of worms with the other clubs, some of whom would have been worried we could have caught them.

But its not looking as if that is going to happen now. A 19-point gap is massive and we know it.

That might make the SFA and SPFL think it would do less harm to allow us to bring in a couple of players who would allow Gary Locke to give some of the kids a rest.

The SFA have been happy to take them for Under-21 matches and the like so now, to protect them, we are looking for a bit of leniency.

Administrator Bryan Jackson last night offered his unwavering support to boss Locke who has had to field virtually a youth team throughout the season.

And with injuries piling up, assistant manager Billy Brown last week warned it wont be long before 15-year-old schoolboys are being thrown first-team jerseys.

On Sunday Locke could not fill his bench and in the wake of the 2-0 defeat to Partick Thistle that leaves them 19 points adrift at the foot of the top flight some home fans voiced their anger at the situation.

But Jackson is adamant Locke can do no more and insisted there is no way BDO will sack him.

He said: Weve put all the arguments forward and, not surprisingly, theyve all been rejected. Nothing is going to change with regard to the sanctions and I feel really sorry for Gary in that we cant help him.

Were sticking with Gary and hopefully Garys sticking with us. Hes shown fantastic loyalty since we went into administration and we have to show the same to him.

Everybody knows hes a Hearts man through and through quite frankly to even think of changing management at this time, with the squad of players we have, youd have to be some kind of miracle worker.

Garys doing incredibly well with the resources he has. Anybody else coming in is going to have exactly the same resources.

Thats a major decision and something to be considered for the future. That would be for new owners rather than the administrators.

Locke, who could only call on two senior players in Jamie MacDonald and Ryan Stevenson on Sunday, said: If people want to give me a stick Id rather they give it to me than the players.

Were trying our best in difficult circumstances. We are working with two hands tied behind our backs.

I thought they were allowed to sign players - as long as they are under 21

Don't they have to lose one to get one?

Anyway. Given that it is still arithmetically possible for them to catch teams above them it would set a dangerous precedent to allow them to bring in players.

What is deemed as doomed? There are still 51 points availlable. Is a deficit of 19 points the set point? Is 18? 17? 16..........

Rules are rules. Financial cheats are punished. No to changing mid stream, No parole. The club, and their fans, knew they were beating teams with cash they didn't have.

JHell mend them if they have to play 11 year olds!

The appeal can't be upheld because it would almost immediately start to create massive problems for the SPFL and its member clubs.

Every club is competing against others when it comes to signing players. Hearts are getting relegated and may claim that they don't have much money and wouldn't be competing for players with Premiership players but what if they take players that other SPFL clubs (of whatever size) had lined up. If that affected a team's chances of promotion or avoiding relegation then they'd soon be shouting about it, and what started as a sympathetic gesture to Hearts would soon be seen as having a detrimental effect on the prospects of other, financially prudent clubs.

the punishment is meant to deter others from mortgaging the future of clubs against short-term success, not guarantee that a club is relegated.

this appeal has no merit and i hope it is flung out. if they are worried about their players then the club should decline a couple of fixtures if they think the points no longer matter

No they shouldn't. How would that affect season ticket holders who have pre paid admission to those matches?

It's nonsense to suggest that losing matches will be damaging their young players. Look at Motherwell and the side they were putting out week in week out in their year after administration. They finished bottom of the league having amassed only 28 points all season - there was no points deduction - but we saw the emergence of James McFadden, Stevie Hammell, David Clarkson and Stephen Pearson.

Hearts need to sup it up and get on with it. Apart from anything else those kids are getting match time and experience that will help them when they are relegated to the Championship.

The appeal can't be upheld because it would almost immediately start to create massive problems for the SPFL and its member clubs.

Every club is competing against others when it comes to signing players. Hearts are getting relegated and may claim that they don't have much money and wouldn't be competing for players with Premiership players but what if they take players that other SPFL clubs (of whatever size) had lined up. If that affected a team's chances of promotion or avoiding relegation then they'd soon be shouting about it, and what started as a sympathetic gesture to Hearts would soon be seen as having a detrimental effect on the prospects of other, financially prudent clubs.

Don't forget though that the rules were previously bent to allow them to sign Danny Wilson after the embargo was announced. Apart from that they should not be allowed to sign anyone until they exit administration and I don't believe all the crap about the players and fans don't deserve to be punished because the problem was due to the previous owners - the problem is due to the current owners as the shares have not yet been transferred to any new owner.