Carey And Parkin First To Go.........

Only St Mirren would release the player who scores SPL goal of the season.

In that case I would say it's not looking good for a number of the players even under contract

Imrie Guy Mair Barron

Hard to imagine we'd release Carey and keep them....

Maybe using unbudgeted cup money to pay off unwanted players under contract for another year, risky if only 3 coming in.Squad size next year looking like 16-20 for first team? Suppose if it was good enough for the Lisbon lions then...........

There's also some contracted players being released. Not named as yet.

By end of season we will have no one with natural left foot still at club,dummett away back to NFC,Carey is FIRST go and others will quickly follow,some "interesting " mornings right enough.

In that case I would say it's not looking good for a number of the players even under contract

Imrie Guy Mair Barron

and still managed to finish 11th.

Marks out of 10 for their time at St Mirren.

Carey - 4 ( Generous due a couple of guid goals, Elliot did that tae, but he still got a zero ) )

Parkin - 1 ( For getting Shirt the correct way round )

Goodbye and good luck Gents. bye1.gif

Edited by shull

Imrie Guy Mair Barron

Aye, makes you wonder , especially considering we have struggled to get leftsided players for years . I still think Carey is a better player now than when Danny-boy signed him and can only assume that there is a personallity clash between them. .

I would imagine , Div Barron would get a deal back at Plastic Whistle. .

They watch McLean's last couple of games and yes they change their mind about playing us.whistling.gif

Far more likely. There's no way they'd pay money for Kenny given his current form.

As for Parkin and Carey, no surprise and both correct decisions for me. Neither of them has nailed down a first team spot despite numerous chances. Time to clear out the dead wood.

Gettin rid of carey is a joke! Lennon must have a problem with him i have no idea y he never played him the amount of goals we possibly lost out not playin him most of the season. Gettin rid of a player that can set up or score a goal from anywhere is clueless he will be hard to replace and will haunt us if he goes to another spl club i really am worried about the coming season

Disappointed about Carey in all honesty , however if his attitude ain't right then DL is correct, I'd show him and others the door if so..............

It's strange , maybe a sign of the times ( oooeeerr ) but the players with the best attitude for the game at St Mirren seem to be Thompson and Teale. I just wish we had a team of honest and highly motivated players , after all endevour , nae fear and some ability can carry you a long way.

It seems to be nowadays though that the challenge is in getting players motivated , we seem as a team to often struggle here. Is it a generic problem with youth, is it a lack of management nous, is it a comfort zone for too many players.............is it all misplaced arrogance ?

Kind of puts me off football a lot of the time, the oft referred non trying types, the wage thiefs these days just piss me off.

I'm not surprised that Carey is away, he's barely featured in the first team and in his two seasons has struggled to become a regular.

For that reason he's as well going and allowing us to bring in someone else.

The main issue I have is why he's not featured more and not been given the opportunity to become a regular, that's another whole debate though.

Gettin rid of carey is a joke! Lennon must have a problem with him i have no idea y he never played him the amount of goals we possibly lost out not playin him most of the season. Gettin rid of a player that can set up or score a goal from anywhere is clueless he will be hard to replace and will haunt us if he goes to another spl club i really am worried about the coming season

It's not a joke.

He may well come back to haunt us but less face facts. He arrived at the club horrendously overweight and unfit. His fault completely. It took a good six months for his arse to shrink and to last the pace of a game.

He hasn't done it here and apart from the Semi Final and couple of goals he hasn't performed anywhere near his first spell.

I hope his career pans out for him but that's now the third club that it hasn't worked out for him and he needs to sort himself out otherwise its a complete waste of a career.

I'm very disappointed that Carey is leaving. He never met his potential with Saints, and I feel that Lennon is equally culpable in this. No consistent run in the team nor in a settled position. When fit and at himself, Carey was undoubtedly one of our best players.

I reckon I'll be watching how this close season pans out through my fingers....

I'm glad the management make decisions based on performance over two years rather than one incident.

But for a handful of games, Carey has been poor for two years and his supposed free kick and crossing specialities are a myth.

Shame about young carey, great left peg, scored some smashing goals, and his game was easy on the eye,

but how long can the club wait for a player to become consistent, he's had 2 years get himself a regular place

in the team and failed, i think danny has got this one correct...

All the best to graham, but i fear he,s the type of player who could fade away from the game at a young age,

but i hope im wrong...

I'm glad the management make decisions based on performance over two years rather than one incident.

But for a handful of games, Carey has been poor for two years and his supposed free kick and crossing specialities are a myth.

Can't believe that. Carey can take a set piece better than anyone in the team by a million miles. He's a great talent albeit inconsistent - but few escape that charge this year.

With so many departures its worrying how long a new team will take to settle.

Big decisions by Danny, even bigger season for him in my view. Unless we seriously progress in the league then he has offered little compared to Gus