Carey And Parkin First To Go.........

For me Carey is a player who needs to play week in week out in order to get the best from him.

He was outstanding against Celtic in the semi final, then he played on the Weds night win against ICT, our first in about a million years and then the comfortable win over St.Johnstone in the Scottish Cup, another team who we never normally beat.

Dropped for the next game away at Aberdeen (along with DVZ) and the winning run comes to an end as the goals dry up.

Then start our bonkers run of team selections in the lead up to the final.

Carey on the left and Teale on the right is a formidable combination

Add in his dead ball ability which is second to none and the fact he can fill in at left back and you have to wonder why he didn't play more often and why he is being allowed to go.

Very disappointing IMHO.

I'm glad the management make decisions based on performance over two years rather than one incident.

But for a handful of games, Carey has been poor for two years and his supposed free kick and crossing specialities are a myth.

Don't agree. Given the pool of talent available in the squad, Carey still has potential. Unlike a lot of the others he still has age on his side.

The decisions of the management have acheived 11th place in the SPL. If the decisions of the management don't improve we will be in the first division the season after next.

Edited by ds10

I dont see how we can replace Carey with a better player on the money we will be able to pay.

For all the reasons listed by Div, and others, above I would most certainly have kept Carey.

Disappointed indeed.

And if he is going, my goodness, it is going to be carnage.

For me Carey is a player who needs to play week in week out in order to get the best from him.

He was outstanding against Celtic in the semi final, then he played on the Weds night win against ICT, our first in about a million years and then the comfortable win over St.Johnstone in the Scottish Cup, another team who we never normally beat.

Dropped for the next game away at Aberdeen (along with DVZ) and the winning run comes to an end as the goals dry up.

Then start our bonkers run of team selections in the lead up to the final.

Carey on the left and Teale on the right is a formidable combination

Add in his dead ball ability which is second to none and the fact he can fill in at left back and you have to wonder why he didntplay' more often and why he is being allowed to go.

Very disappointing IMHO.

Quite.

This also leads me on to the next question, DL .......................nah, nope , stops in tracks

Close season will be the making or breaking , we are going to go into a period of significant player turn around................over to the Management It's seemingly what they do , what they know, the working week for manager's never ends, they eat, drink breathe football and players and tactics and prospects.

So let's see the fruits of the Geordie alliance , let's call on and cultivate the relationships with other clubs , let's allow the management the trust and ability to sign and persuade. Can only wait , watch and wonder like a spectator at a circus macabre

SPL in 2013 / 2014 , great we are there once more..............................and have a trophy to defend

mellow.png

I think Carey has strugled to keep himself fit, every pre-season he seems to come back with a few extra pounds and struggling to keep the pace up. He looked better towards end of the season, however I wonder if he was buckling down getting in shape so he could get a new deal or move on. I suspect if he got a new deal he would be off pace again at the start of next year.

Parkin is just a disapointment, would rather a few youngsters got a chance from the bench than him.

I was excited about the prospect when Carey returned 2 years ago, however for me he has disappointed hugely. We've only seen fleeting glimpses of the player we expected, however not often enough in my book, and for all we expected about his set-piece delivery it's been really poor.

For me Lennon is partly culpable in not being able to get more from him consistently, but the majority of the blame lies with the player himself...6 months to get fit and lose the weight was an absolute joke.

I was excited about the prospect when Carey returned 2 years ago, however for me he has disappointed hugely. We've only seen fleeting glimpses of the player we expected, however not often enough in my book, and for all we expected about his set-piece delivery it's been really poor.

For me Lennon is partly culpable in not being able to get more from him consistently, but the majority of the blame lies with the player himself...6 months to get fit and lose the weight was an absolute joke.

I would suggest that the highlighted sentence would be more correct if the words "we expected" were omitted as he was never given an extended run in the team to shine.

I hope he isn't "the one". The guy who comes back to bite us on the proverbnial

Edited by stlucifer

his supposed free kick and crossing specialities are a myth.

Under Lennon, yes.

Mainly because Lennon didn't play him / allow him to take free kicks / forced him to take short free kicks / forced him to make short passes on the deck than get in deep long crosses.

We also never saw Carey's long throw when he came back because of Lennon's ludicrous tactics.

Graham Carey has been wasted by Danny Lennon. He'll do the business with someone else and come back to haunt us.

Under Lennon, yes.

Mainly because Lennon didn't play him / allow him to take free kicks / forced him to take short free kicks / forced him to make short passes on the deck than get in deep long crosses.

We also never saw Carey's long throw when he came back because of Lennon's ludicrous tactics.

Graham Carey has been wasted by Danny Lennon. He'll do the business with someone else and come back to haunt us.

This.

For whatever reason, Carey didn't seem to fit with DL's 'philosophy'. When you have players with certain attributes, sometimes it pays to adapt your tactics accordingly. This takes us back to DL's failure to develop and utilise a Plan B.

I firmly believe that another manager will get the best out of Carey.

Edited by Drew

Marks out of 10 for their time at St Mirren.

Carey - 4 ( Generous due a couple of guid goals, Elliot did that tae, but he still got a zero ) )

Parkin - 1 ( For getting Shirt the correct way round )

Goodbye and good luck Gents. :byebye

Short memory.

Sam's assist for Kenny's goal at Aberdeen in some obscure cup competition.

Or have you forgotten about the Cup win already?

Guest somner9

Carey: dissapointed in him, in that he never grabbed the chances given to him after the patience shown by the club in getting him fit. yes he's scored a couple of crackers but he faded to a pale shadow of what he is capable of and only briefly shone when played out of position! Based on that no one can justify giving him 2 year contract and paying a wage when he can't perform. The patience, time effort and money would be better spent elsewhere!

Sad yes, a bit like when wee Nige dumped us over money, but that's proven to be a right decision over the piece.

Parkin: pulled off the coup of the season impersonating an SPL striker..... without the goals!

Short memory.

Sam's assist for Kenny's goal at Aberdeen in some obscure cup competition.

Or have you forgotten about the Cup win already?

All players who took part in Cup win are legends.

Parkin wasnt paid a wage just to play in league cup.

Overall, taking everything into consideration ..

Sam was poor.

Dinnae ask daftie questions.

I would suggest that the highlighted sentence would be more correct if the words "we expected" were omitted as he was never given an extended run in the team to shine.

I hope he isn't "the one". The guy who comes back to bite us on the proverbnial

I agree about the lack of an extended run, and whilst I think there are a lot of shortcomings in Danny's selections and sticking to Plan A, we don't see the player day in and day out at training and around the club whereas Danny and Tommy do... so I'll trust their judgement on whether he merited a extended run or not. The boy clearly has a load of talent, and could easily come back and bite us...but for this to happen he's going to need to knuckle down and do more with the obvious talent he has (I'm reminded of the quote that Fitzy used to use - "Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard").

Be interesting to see how this whole thing pans out. Danny , reportedly , has fallen out with some players , including Carey , and if this is true then the BOD aren't going to sit back and allow it to continue to happen, We never carry a big enough squad for there to be any disharmony within it !

Under Lennon, yes.

I agree with everything here, Graham Carey has been wasted by Lennon big time, he had so much more to give that we never seen. If true that Lennon has fallen out with players then i would rather we punted Lennon to be honest, worrying times ahead for us.

Carey,s playing record over the last two seasons is 52 games and 3 goals , the first few months of this period Saints were paying him,to get match fit ,bearing in mind he is one of best paid players ,and he takes most of our free kicks around the box , his goal scoring rate isn,t that great .

I don,t mind him as a player , but if as a club we have a limited budget , I would expect a better return , from one of our best paid players.

For a dead ball expert , I don,t think he,s been that good , I can only remember a couple of his free kicks actually being on target this time round.

I,m sure we can replace him with a better player , who would also be less demanding on the wage bill.

Carey,s playing record over the last two seasons is 52 games and 3 goals , the first few months of this period Saints were paying him,to get match fit ,bearing in mind he is one of best paid players ,and he takes most of our free kicks around the box , his goal scoring rate isn,t that great .

I don,t mind him as a player , but if as a club we have a limited budget , I would expect a better return , from one of our best paid players.

For a dead ball expert , I don,t think he,s been that good , I can only remember a couple of his free kicks actually being on target this time round.

I,m sure we can replace him with a better player , who would also be less demanding on the wage bill.

He's far from our highest earner.

Pretty gutted about this.

No matter what happens in the future though I will always get goosebumps as the whistle is blown and he picks up the ball and boots it running towards the fans.

Not too bothered about Parkin.