Carey And Parkin First To Go.........

Fine. It can therefore be ignored as shit stirring.

Why fans do this to their own club is beyond weird.

I'm doing nothing to my own club, merely passing on what I was told. You ignore it as shit stirring, in the same way I ignore most of your posts as shit. clap.gif

Carey as a dead ball threat - 3 goals and 5 assists in 55 league games for Saints in the past two years. That's not enough to warrant keeping him for. I've said already I like him as a player, and have been waiting for him to really show what he can do, but he's never really done it. Never cemented a place in a team that finished 11th this season. I wish him well, and have no doubt I'll see more wonder goals from him, probably about once a season.

Feel sorry for Carey, But was not consistent enough, Some games he looked like he could not be bothered, so no one to blame but himself,

Compared to McLean that's a look of complete commitment. Couldn't be easy being dropped in favour of McLean, bound to affect anybody if we're being honest. Natural left sided player, but we'd rather stick in a namby pamby tackle shirking finger pointing over rated and lazy little article like McLean and then DL had the audacity to state he "didn't know what happened" or couldn't understand "what happened to our identity".

For me Carey is a player who needs to play week in week out in order to get the best from him.

He was outstanding against Celtic in the semi final, then he played on the Weds night win against ICT, our first in about a million years and then the comfortable win over St.Johnstone in the Scottish Cup, another team who we never normally beat.

Dropped for the next game away at Aberdeen (along with DVZ) and the winning run comes to an end as the goals dry up.

Then start our bonkers run of team selections in the lead up to the final.

Carey on the left and Teale on the right is a formidable combination

Add in his dead ball ability which is second to none and the fact he can fill in at left back and you have to wonder why he didn't play more often and why he is being allowed to go.

Very disappointing IMHO.

Good post. I guess the reason we didn't have Carey and Teale both playing their respective wings was Danny's insistance that we had to play football the "right way" ie like Barca whereas he should have been going for the German way with a traditional 442 meaning they could both play. Now that Bayern and Dortmund have dominated he will try to revert to 442 without having a left winger!!

Guy imrie Adam Samson McGowan Carey Parkin goncalves Newton dummett Chris smith is 11 players leaving dont think he knows what he's doing!!

Well for starters, Goncalves, Newton and Dummett were loan signings and not our players and it was always on the cards that they would leave. So that leaves 8. Samson and McGowan are out of contract and can choose another club that likely pays more money or further their career. That leaves 6. Smith was brought in as a standby only to cover for Adam when he was injured and was never going to be with us longer than this season. That is us down to 5 players. Parkin was never going to be kept on as he is no longer good enough at this level while there are alledged issues with Imrie and Guy. We are now down to 4 players. AFAIK, Imrie and Guy are still with the club so that leaves just 2 - Adam and Carey. The issues and feeling around Carey already discussed and apparently there are some issues around Adam with discipline etc. Aberdeen have just released 11 players but like us will bring new faces in during the close season. I am more interested in who is coming in rather than who is going out at this time. If it improves the team then fair enough and if not then the manager has to deal with that.

I'm genuinely surprised by the level of support for Carey. He's never done it under Lennon. He's not fit or quick enough to play on the flanks and he's not strong enough to play in the middle. He's had chances at left back, left wing and in the middle. He's never strung together 10+ consistent performances in any of them.

He's a show pony. He will give you 1 or 2 magical moments a season with his wondrous left foot. This, does not a football player make.

Danny's made the right call.

Compared to McLean that's a look of complete commitment. Couldn't be easy being dropped in favour of McLean, bound to affect anybody if we're being honest. Natural left sided player, but we'd rather stick in a namby pamby tackle shirking finger pointing over rated and lazy little article like McLean and then DL had the audacity to state he "didn't know what happened" or couldn't understand "what happened to our identity".

McLean has a year left in his contract, we have been trying to sell him since Xmas, but no takers so far,

Good post. I guess the reason we didn't have Carey and Teale both playing their respective wings was Danny's insistance that we had to play football the "right way" ie like Barca whereas he should have been going for the German way with a traditional 442 meaning they could both play. Now that Bayern and Dortmund have dominated he will try to revert to 442 without having a left winger!!

Neither Bayern or Dortmund play with a 442 though - it's more of a lone striker (Mandzukic/Gomez and Lewandowski respectively) with 3 attacking midfielders around him (usually Muller, Robben & Ribery and Reus, Gotze & Kuba again respectively).

I always though the 4231 would have been our best bet this season - Isma, Teale & McGowan behind Thommo but we rarely played it. Neither Isma (or Guy before Isma arrived) or Thommo tracks back enough so we were often left short in midfield when defending.

Back onto topic, Parkin isn't good enough. I'm a bit disappointed in Carey but knew he would want out as he rarely plays.

Remind me how many goals Carey has contributed this season, and how many McLean has?

Well for starters, Goncalves, Newton and Dummett were loan signings and not our players and it was always on the cards that they would leave. So that leaves 8. Samson and McGowan are out of contract and can choose another club that likely pays more money or further their career. That leaves 6. Smith was brought in as a standby only to cover for Adam when he was injured and was never going to be with us longer than this season. That is us down to 5 players. Parkin was never going to be kept on as he is no longer good enough at this level while there are alledged issues with Imrie and Guy. We are now down to 4 players. AFAIK, Imrie and Guy are still with the club so that leaves just 2 - Adam and Carey. The issues and feeling around Carey already discussed and apparently there are some issues around Adam with discipline etc. Aberdeen have just released 11 players but like us will bring new faces in during the close season. I am more interested in who is coming in rather than who is going out at this time. If it improves the team then fair enough and if not then the manager has to deal with that.

But he is only talking about bringing in three to replace that lot.

For me Carey is a player who needs to play week in week out in order to get the best from him.

He was outstanding against Celtic in the semi final, then he played on the Weds night win against ICT, our first in about a million years and then the comfortable win over St.Johnstone in the Scottish Cup, another team who we never normally beat.

Dropped for the next game away at Aberdeen (along with DVZ) and the winning run comes to an end as the goals dry up.

Then start our bonkers run of team selections in the lead up to the final.

Carey on the left and Teale on the right is a formidable combination

Add in his dead ball ability which is second to none and the fact he can fill in at left back and you have to wonder why he didn't play more often and why he is being allowed to go.

Very disappointing IMHO.

Apart from the 1st game of the season he started 13 out of the next 14 games. That is a pretty decent run in the team and played most of these games in his "natural" position. The only decent game I remember him playing was away to Dundee when he played left back and possibly the Ayr Utd game.

He was then quite rightly dropped from the starting line up for 9 out of 10 games with only 1 start and 3 or 4 sub appearances.

When he came back into the team at left back when Dummett went home I thought he was outstanding. His work rate and commitment were outstanding. Perhaps this had something to do with only having 6 months of his contract left or perhaps because this position demands such or perhaps he finally got the finger out.

I think he was very unfortunately (and maybe unfairly) left out of the cup final although I think Dummett was the best player on the park that day with possibly the exception of McGowan.

I think, if he goes, Mr Lennon has made the right decision as I doubt Carey would have wanted to sign a new contract to play at left back and would have wanted guarantees of playing in what he considers his natural position.

Good luck Graham - you will also be a legend to me and many other Buddies.

But he is only talking about bringing in three to replace that lot.

There is no way Danny will only bring in 3 players this summer he always says stuff like that but there is no chance that will be the number

And to be honest I would rather we spent money on a strong base first 11 and bring through our own players the under 20s had a great season so some of them must be on the brink of coming through and contributing

I have no idea why everyone is so surprised we are losing so many players. Aberdeen released 11 this week and most SPL teams will also lose lots of players.

We will bring 3 in on loan again and a few signings as well. As for the hysteria about being doomed, I think we were doomed if we did not refresh the squad.

We still have a strong experienced spine in Thompson, Teale, Goodwin and Mcausland these guys get what St Mirren are about and will work hard to intergrate new players. We also have Darren Mcgregor to come back (though after 2 years out I am not pinning to much on his return, but he may prove me wrong). If we find 1 player in the mould of McGinn again next year we have done well.

I'm intrigued about the "told they can go" line.

That suggests players that are under contract ?

Adam, Guy, Imrie and Barron perhaps ?

Would the last one out please switch off the lights.

Looks like it. I think there's more chance of Robertson going than Barron though, we could do with his versatility next season.

I'm intrigued about the "told they can go" line.

That suggests players that are under contract ?

Adam, Guy, Imrie and Barron perhaps ?

Would the last one out please switch off the lights.

Motherwell have a lot of guys out of contract, Aberdeen are shipping 11, Hibs are a one-man team, Killie are going with kids, Dundee United are (IMHO) a club on the way down, Hearts are a fcuking basketcase....

Too early to clart our nappies... KTF.