Carey And Parkin First To Go.........

Adam, Smith and Sammy will all leave the club unless the latter has a massive change of heart and turns down more money and European football at Motherwell to stay put.

So we will sign two new keepers,

Still plenty of rumours linking us with Langfield but he is under contract at Aberdeen so I'd say that one was unlikely.

I don't understand why we keep wasting money on reserve goalkeepers. We've given Grant Adam and Chris Smith a salary each this season and neither of them have played a minute. It was the same the season before with Graeme Smith.

Can't we just keep a youth 'keeper on the bench and if he's that bad, bring in a keeper on an emergency loan deal?

I don't understand why we keep wasting money on reserve goalkeepers. We've given Grant Adam and Chris Smith a salary each this season and neither of them have played a minute. It was the same the season before with Graeme Smith.

Can't we just keep a youth 'keeper on the bench and if he's that bad, bring in a keeper on an emergency loan deal?

Because if your reserve 'keeper is 18 years old your 1st choice 'keeper has less incentive to be at the top of his game week in, week out. Having a two keepers of equal ability brings out the best in them.

C. Smith and Howard had good seasons when they were battling it out to be #1. Gallacher was excellent in his 1st season when he was up against Howard, and was rubbish in his 2nd season when DL made it clear Samson was in reserve. Sammy had a good season up against G. Smith, and hasn't been as good this season when the other 'keeper, has been unavailable for various reasons.

Just my hypothesis, mind.

We Chic saying about a dozen out and about five in .

Don't think that's as scary as some make it sound.

Take the goalkeeper situation as an example. We currently has 3 keepers classed as first team and an under 20. The three first teamers all leave, we sign one and promote the under 20.

So... We release 3, sign 1 and we have enough keepers!

Don't see what all the fuss is about, the squad that saw us finish 2nd bottom in the league has been deemed as not good enough and as a result most of the players responsible for this are being punted. If we still haven't added quality by the start of August by all means feel free to moisten ones pants.

The Transfer mill begins again

I love the speculation and rumours.

We finished one place above a Dundee team who were doomed before the season began.

It's time for a clear out beginning with

Parkin and Carey

then it's goodbye to

Dummit

Newton

Goncalves

Robertson

Imrie

Guy

Mair

Adam

Samson

McGowan

McLean...

Season 2013/ 2014

new first choice goalie

replacement for Gowser and a decent centre half, a left back and maybe a half decent striker.

Edited by stevie-dee

Don't see what all the fuss is about, the squad that saw us finish 2nd bottom in the league has been deemed as not good enough and as a result most of the players responsible for this are being punted. If we still haven't added quality by the start of August by all means feel free to moisten ones pants.

I need to agree, I think it was pretty clear Sammy and McGowan would go and a long shot that we would keep any of the loan lads. Anyone else leaving I don't see as a major concern and we should be positive that some big players for us this season have signed back up. I would of maybe offered Carey a new deal but can see why Danny hasn't the rest is no great loss. Major rebuild and lets see.

Can't really say I am too surprised at Guy and Adam being offered a free but I am surprised at Imrie and Mair.

As has been mentioned above I would punt Robertson and Barron before I would let those two go.

We also have no idea whether McGregor is going to come back from his double injury.

Horrible to see the whole squad getting ripped up. I would have said light touch surgery was needed more than full blown open heart.

I just hope DL dosent go down the road of bringing in same type of players he did in first season.

I renewed my ST without giving the make-up of next season's squad a second thought. Not for one minute did I stop and think 'Fcuk sake, Carey, Samson, Gowser and Mair might not be there'... Nor did I think about not renewing because Isma, Newton and Dummet might not return.

Squads being broken up, players moving on, manager shuffling the pack - part and parcel of the game. I trust Brian Caldwell, Danny and Tommy to assemble a new St Mirren 2013/14.

In my view, a totally different scenario from the entire Scottish game being fcuked up the ass by discredited bawbags at Hampden trying to tell me that I'm getting a piss-poor 12-12-18 set up and if I don't like it, too fcuking bad.

Like most others I hope Carey gets a gig down south but really 1 goal this season for a player of his talent is a poor return. If DL is not gonna play a 3-5-2 with Carey as LWB it's probably the correct decision - still a Saints hero!

As for Parkin was it 15 minutes against Hearts - you'll be the one we can't remember 10 years from now but you're a Saints hero too!

All the best unless you end up facing us!

On a more general note as to the large numbers of comings and goings, may my flabber be gasted if we only sign three new players between now and the end of August are we any different from the bulk of SPL clubs. We just have to hope the manager gets it right, after all he's got the incentive to do so with his contract ending next year.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Adam, Smith and Sammy will all leave the club unless the latter has a massive change of heart and turns down more money and European football at Motherwell to stay put.

So we will sign two new keepers,

Still plenty of rumours linking us with Langfield but he is under contract at Aberdeen so I'd say that one was unlikely.

Clanger langfield noooo!

We have to look at the bigger picture here. Yes we won the league cup and it was a fantastic achievement with this group of players, though our league position is unacceptable. Danny has to improve on our league performances and aim for top six. I liked Carey but for a player not holding down a regular place and showing consistency decisions like this one have to be made.

Carey was brought in with the view of being a first team pic. Sadly he hasnt lived up to the expectations regardless of some special moments.

As for Parkin, he came in and did exactly was expected of him..a backuo to thommo.

I get the impression that a few of the outgoings mentioned have been unforgiving for not earning a place in the cup final squad.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Black & White Army mobile app

He looked like a very good prospect when I saw the u20's this season, a wee bit surprised that he's been freed.

Has he been freed, or is he sayong ta ta to Carey, Parkin and (possibly) others?

Na, he's definitely leaving, comments in response were of the "good luck for the future" variety

We finished second bottom of the league because the squad wasn't good enough to achieve a higher position. Wholesale change is needed. Let's hope we dont bring in players who play for other teams who habitually finish in the lower positions in the the league. We had the prospect of another season of struggle punctuated with the occasional good result if we stuck with the same players. Exciting times ahead, I'm sure there must be some signing targets already lined up with one or two surprises thrown in. Bring it on!