Carey And Parkin First To Go.........

To those who advocate wholesale changes due to our final league position is the "right move" I would ask this question.

Which was it that put us in the relegation battle? The dog or the tail?

Almost to a man fan, we heralded this squad as the best in years yet here we are, debating the latest comings and goings with a few accusing the "best squad assembled in years" of not being good enough.

Perhaps it's more to do with the motivation and utilisation of the crop of players rather than the abilities that need now to be questioned.

I have never been a habitual Lennon berator but I have to admit to being astounded that, with this "best squad", we still end up lanquishing in the lowest position any team thought they would end up in with the cannon fodder of Dundee in the SPL.

As for Mr. Gilmour's statement about extra season ticket sales reqiuired to keep our best players? The club didn't give much time to see if those sales would materialise!

If I were Cantona I might say, "Give the dog a bone and he'll chew on it. Give him Freck all and he's liable to bite you on the ass Messrs Lennon and Gilmour!"

I will wait and think very seriously as to whether I could stand, sorry sit, and watch the next "best squad we've assembled in years" perhaps underachieve due to coaching decisions.

Edited by stlucifer

DL probably has got a great bunch of lads in the squad , but its the same great bunch of lads that went 8 striaght defeats ,and nearly got him the sack last November ,and who also finished second bottom of the league at the end of the season.

His options are

a) Progress into the next season with a squad of great guys ,who over the past three seasons have been involved in the relegation dogfight.

B) Try to assemble a fresh squad of players , who have the ability and hunger to push for a top six place.

Bearing in mind DL,s own future is at stake ,depending on our league position next season ,it makes common sense that Danny choses to revamp his squad.

Can't believe Carey is going!,..can only imagine Danny has someone more special than Carey up his sleeve..hope so..not a good time to be shifting talent like him when you're trying to sell season tickets...I'm going to hold off on that one now I'm afraid

More special? Or more consistent. Carey, for all his talent, failed to deliver most of the time. How many free kicks did he send in to the stand, or behind for a goal kick? He was probably on a good wage, would have been looking for an increase and we've decided not to keep him on.

Someone with less talent who can deliver more regularly would be an improvement for me.

Players having a go at the manager on Twitter is a bit shallow imo, they should man up and sort it behind closed doors.

From what I saw Mair just responded to someone posting a video of a motivational talk. They said "Similar to DL's teamtalk?", to which Mair replied "Pretty much".

Hardly having a go, unless he's said something else which I missed.

Guest TPAFKATS

To those who advocate wholesale changes due to our final league position is the "right move" I would ask this question.

Which was it that put us in the relegation battle? The dog or the tail?

Almost to a man fan, we heralded this squad as the best in years yet here we are, debating the latest comings and goings with a few accusing the "best squad assembled in years" of not being good enough.

Perhaps it's more to do with the motivation and utilisation of the crop of players rather than the abilities that need now to be questioned.

I have never been a habitual Lennon berator but I have to admit to being astounded that, with this "best squad", we still end up lanquishing in the lowest position any team thought they would end up in with the cannon fodder of Dundee in the SPL.

As for Mr. Gilmour's statement about extra season ticket sales reqiuired to keep our best players? The club didn't give much time to see if those sales would materialise!

If I were Cantona I might say, "Give the dog a bone and he'll chew on it. Give him Freck all and he's liable to bite you on the ass Messrs Lennon and Gilmour!"

I will wait and think very seriously as to whether I could stand, sorry sit, and watch the next "best squad we've assembled in years" perhaps underachieve due to coaching decisions.

How seriously did you think about sitting at Hampden on Match 17th?

My first post on here, so don't kill me. I'll be sad to see Carey go, but don't see the others as much of a loss. Carey never seemed to get many starts under Danny, so I'm not surprised by this - just disappointed.

My first post on here, so don't kill me. I'll be sad to see Carey go, but don't see the others as much of a loss. Carey never seemed to get many starts under Danny, so I'm not surprised by this - just disappointed.

You survived your first post. Well done indeed and welcome.

FWIW (for what its worth), I agree with you on all counts.

38 league starts Carey got, 46 overall in two years. Plenty of opportunities. Great ability, nowhere near consistent enough. Just my opinion based on the facts that are out there.

Guest somner9

I don't think the argument to save big Sam will get 'off the ground.' Calls to keep carey are 'wide' of the mark and over the 'bar' on reasonable argument.

I don't think you can 'bend' the rules on this occasion.

Welcome is your first name Fanny

Carey is still young he should get another season

Think some people forget that, he's younger than that dud Robertson who is still on the wage bill. Would take Carey over Robertson any day.

If we are going to compare Carey and Robertson being on or off the wage bill, who do you think was signed on a higher wage, the guy we signed from Cowdenbeath or the guy we signed from Celtic?

If Robertson isn't on a particularly high wage then I don't mind if he is kept as cover. The chances are that Carey was signed and given a contract on the assumption that he would be a first team / starting XI player.

Agree strongly that Carey wasn't given a proper chance. The fact that he played in the 3 consecutive wins then dropped says it all. The games he played throughout the season with Dummett down the left showed a good partnership and a serious threat. Carey isn't the finished article and had some crap performances, but I blame the coaching staff for not getting the best out of him. In fact, that brings me to my main point.

A team who goes unbeaten against the 2nd and 3rd placed teams and gets a draw and a win against the top team in the league, but still loses multiple games against the teams around us at the foot of the table is surely not being properly motivated. The first half v Dundee and Killie away were outstanding, but the half time tinkering of the tactics (Goncalves wide left after tormenting the Killie defence for 45 mins through the middle.....SERIOUSLY ???). I'm not expecting or demanding we play that well every week, but would hope for more consistency. Loooong hard look in the mirror required by the management. First couple of months of next season will be the making or breaking of DL's career at SMFC. I hope he's got these calls, as well as the upcoming new signings, correct.