Carey And Parkin First To Go.........

Carey on trial with Dundee Utd apparently. Still pissed off that he was allowed to go.

[/quote

I feel its part of a process that takes St Mirren forward , and see as one player going out and another comong in , with Harkins being the replacement , if Harkins has a better season than Carey next season I will have no complaints

He will defo come back to bite us in the arse

He won't be doing that sitting on the bench at Tannadice.

Let's be honest, he couldn't get a game for a team near the bottom of the table, I hardly think he's going to waltz into a much better United side.

Let's be honest, he couldn't get a game for a team near the bottom of the table, I hardly think he's going to waltz into a much better United side.

He should've been in the team, though.

Leaving Carey on the bench/out of the squad regularly was one of the main reasons we ended up so low in the table with an excellent squad.

It seems to me that was down to the manager at times, as opposed to the player.

Fair enough, the manager makes the call, but Carey is a right good player, and if utilised properly (and consistently), he is easily mid to upper table SPL standard.

Edited by Drew

Carey on trial with Dundee Utd apparently. Still pissed off that he was allowed to go.

Carey refused to put on a heart monitor in training before the Aberdeen game and got sent home. He is a nice lad but he does have an attitude problem and thinks he is a world beater. He is more concerned about playing golf and playing 5 asides with his mates than he is getting a new club. Not a great loss imo.

Billy , if he was capable of playing a full season to the same standard he played during his loan spell with us , I would have him in a minute ,unfortunately his last two years have been okay ,a few good performances , but not consistent or productive enough , when did he last score a goal ?

Billy , if he was capable of playing a full season to the same standard he played during his loan spell with us , I would have him in a minute ,unfortunately his last two years have been okay ,a few good performances , but not consistent or productive enough , when did he last score a goal ?

I think it was a fairly routine tap-in against Hearts at home, was it not?

against hearts, think it won spl goal of the season too.

Carey refused to put on a heart monitor in training before the Aberdeen game and got sent home. He is a nice lad but he does have an attitude problem and thinks he is a world beater. He is more concerned about playing golf and playing 5 asides with his mates than he is getting a new club. Not a great loss imo.

So easy to knock a player once they have left , let’s be honest none of us are Mr. Perfect. He can control a ball , put a great cross in last but not least hit the ball like a rocket. Would have loved him to stay and get a proper run of regular games to lift his confidence. Mark my words he will come back to St Mirren Park and punish us and who can blame him. Though I would say he has the last laugh Dundee United are a bigger club than St Mirren.

Carey is a player I really like because of the talent he has. Unfortunately for him, and for us, he didn't deliver with anywhere close to the regularity I would like. He scores one wonder goal a season, and gets 2 or 3 assists per season - that's not enough to warrant giving him a new contract in my opinion.

Surely United wouldn't be messing around with a trial if Carey was anything other than something of an enigma? I wish him the best of luck, and hope he can attain some consistency and fulfil the potential his ability gives him, but I'm not sure whether he ever will.

Carey is a player I really like because of the talent he has. Unfortunately for him, and for us, he didn't deliver with anywhere close to the regularity I would like. He scores one wonder goal a season, and gets 2 or 3 assists per season - that's not enough to warrant giving him a new contract in my opinion.

Surely United wouldn't be messing around with a trial if Carey was anything other than something of an enigma? I wish him the best of luck, and hope he can attain some consistency and fulfil the potential his ability gives him, but I'm not sure whether he ever will.

What was the longest run of full 90min games for us ?

What was the longest run of full 90min games for us ?

You saved me asking the same question, Ian.

He wasn't given a decent run of games, in my view, and even when he featured, he was played in different positions (left mid of left back), so it isn't entirely surprising that he wasn't consistent.

Carey's ability was summed up for me in a match at the end of the season. Might have been Aberdeen at home? McLean was clearly having an off day, but stayed on till the 75th minute or so. Carey then came on and made a run and cross (or possibly a shot, I can't recall exactly which) that contributed more in the space of 20 seconds than McLean had the entire match.

Now, I'm not getting at Kenny, here, before anyone accuses me of twisting this round to have a go at another player, but he was clearly not at the races. Carey came on and made an immediate impact. That is the type of player he is. He was one of the most gifted players in our squad, and could have been utilised much more effectively.

All that said, he isn't a St Mirren player any longer, so time to move on.

I'd assume this is a question for the manager.

It's a question for anybuddie.

My guess would be he never got more games due to an attitude problem.Look at the weight he put on last close season,is that the sign of a model pro?I liked the boy but he won't be missed.

You saved me asking the same question, Ian.

He wasn't given a decent run of games, in my view, and even when he featured, he was played in different positions (left mid of left back), so it isn't entirely surprising that he wasn't consistent.

Carey's ability was summed up for me in a match at the end of the season. Might have been Aberdeen at home? McLean was clearly having an off day, but stayed on till the 75th minute or so. Carey then came on and made a run and cross (or possibly a shot, I can't recall exactly which) that contributed more in the space of 20 seconds than McLean had the entire match.

Now, I'm not getting at Kenny, here, before anyone accuses me of twisting this round to have a go at another player, but he was clearly not at the races. Carey came on and made an immediate impact. That is the type of player he is. He was one of the most gifted players in our squad, and could have been utilised much more effectively.

All that said, he isn't a St Mirren player any longer, so time to move on.

Got a of run of 5, a run of 4 and a couple of runs of 3 90 minutes last season. He had plenty of game time, and plenty of time to impress, and to contribute a lot more than he did. The fact is his contribution for last season, in 22 starts, playing the entire 90 minutes 18 times, he scored 1 goal and got 5 assists. He also made 11 substitute appearances, 4 of those being for at least half the match.

He had enough time in either position he played to make them his own and ultimately failed to do enough, and this is coming from someone who really liked him as a player - purely for what he was capable of. However I can't argue with releasing him, as he didn't do enough to merit a new, improved deal.