Carey And Parkin First To Go.........

Most likely outcome ? Carey will find another SPL club with a manager who knows how to utilise him. The upshot being that he will be a squad member with a safe SPL club a year from now , while we still struggle to avoid the drop !

We can't afford to carry Carey in the team for little return. This season his set pieces have led to one good save from Forster, and that's about it. Last season was slightly better I think, but still poor overall.

Most of our goals from set pieces come from Gary Teale. We'll not miss Carey.

As for Parkin, I actually quite liked him and thought he was a good option to bring off the bench, though he's paid to score goals and he didn't deliver.

All the best guys. You leave as cup winners and heroes.

I agree with everything here, Graham Carey has been wasted by Lennon big time, he had so much more to give that we never seen. If true that Lennon has fallen out with players then i would rather we punted Lennon to be honest, worrying times ahead for us.

Come on jj we all know your feelings for carey are strong good on you mate,

but the keep carey get rid of danny crap stinks of desperation,, geez a break....

Carey is talented, we all know that so it's frustrating that he has been here two years and wasted our time by not getting fit enough to do his work initially and then not showing his undoubted talent enough to nail down a first team place.

Parkin was always a squad player and thankfully we didn't have to rely on him much.

Both players are decent but were fringe players. Carey leaving is tough as I liked him as a player but he didn't do enough over the course if his contract. A waster really. Both MAY come back and do the usual , but neither were big players for us and just didn't show enough

The right decision as far as I'm concerned.

Guy imrie Adam Samson McGowan Carey Parkin goncalves Newton dummett Chris smith is 11 players leaving dont think he knows what he's doing!!

Gowser is the big one, but everyone expected him to move on.

Nobody is irreplaceable.

Based on his loan spell with us ,I initially thought Carey was a great signing , he scored two great goals from free kicks ,whipped in corners , had a long throw and left sided as well ,but during his second spell he wasn,t as successful ,not denying he wasn,t a decent player ,but the way football is now , clubs move a few players out each season ,and bring a few players in , and sometimes decisions have to be made about popular player .

I do think Carey will move to a team with a bigger squad than ours , but I think he will be more of a squad player than a world beater .

Lets hope ,Danny has a few decent targets ,as potentially there could be about 10 players being released.

I'm pretty sure Carey wants to leave Scotland so doubt he will sign for another SPL club (unless that's the line he's spinning to the club to get away). The way people are reacting you would have thought he was the first name down on the team sheet each week. Given he was under contract and versatile on the left I would have kept him as a squad player but that's all he has been however he probably wasn't going to merit another loger term deal so why not move him on and get someone else in.

Guy imrie Adam Samson McGowan Carey Parkin goncalves Newton dummett Chris smith is 11 players leaving dont think he knows what he's doing!!

Nobody knows if Guy, Adam or Samson are leaving. One you mentioned hasn't featured at all this season (Smith) and three are on loan and always bound to leave.

Based on his loan spell with us ,I initially thought Carey was a great signing , he scored two great goals from free kicks ,whipped in corners , had a long throw and left sided as well ,but during his second spell he wasn,t as successful ,not denying he wasn,t a decent player ,but the way football is now , clubs move a few players out each season ,and bring a few players in , and sometimes decisions have to be made about popular player .

I do think Carey will move to a team with a bigger squad than ours , but I think he will be more of a squad player than a world beater .

Lets hope ,Danny has a few decent targets ,as potentially there could be about 10 players being released.

Well put. 3 goals in 15 league games on loan from Carey, 3 goals in 55 league games since signing permanently. Just not consistent enough. Has lots of ability, but something seems to be missing. Will probably come back and score against us, but won't prove to be any better a player than he was here, unless something changes within the boy himself.

Be interesting to see how this whole thing pans out. Danny , reportedly , has fallen out with some players , including Carey , and if this is true then the BOD aren't going to sit back and allow it to continue to happen, We never carry a big enough squad for there to be any disharmony within it !

I've heard it's Tommy Craig who's falling out with players, and who seems to be pulling the strings a lot of the time. Might be time to change our assistant manager?

Three are on loan, three are out of contract, two are still tied up for another year, Smudger said ages ago he was going to join the Polis, that leaves Adam and Parkin.

Not sure how that means "He doesn't (Danny) know what he's doing".

We'll know come August whether he knows what he's doing.

Players out of contract can leave if they want, and there's no certainty regarding loan players coming back or not - not up to the manager.

Of the players who are still under contract for another year, which players out of Guy, Adam and Imrie do you think it's madness to let go?

Disappointed the way it's worked out. Carey was such an exciting signing, then we were stunned by the size of him when last season started. We've seen some flashes of great play, and his performance in the cup semi was fantastic. Sorry to see him going as we never got the best out of him, and wish him well.

With big Sam, it just never really happened.

Looks like there will be some pretty major upheaval this summer. You never know, we might get more days like Thommo and Teale signing

Think theres another three players that you can add to the list of players potentially going out .

Which makes for quite an exiting time post season , as we see what players come and go.

Would like to see us continue to bring quality players in on loan ,and maybe even keep the Geordie boys.

But lets just wait and see who do bring in , with so many players going out , we could potentially see 6 experienced players coming in , four or five players from the lower leagues , and a couple of decent players coming on loan , which could at the end of the day , see us with a very strong squad.

And it appears that "nobody" is who we are replacing those players with!whistling.gifthumbdown.gif

We are St Mirren. We sign nobodies.

I'd take Harkins to replace McGowan, Stevie Smith for LB & any decent goalkeeper, Paul Gallacher (also out of contract) would do the trick. Then we have the next batch of Newcastle players coming in.

If we're going to let go of the 10+ players being rumoured, then we'll have some more money to get a Goncalves type in.

I'm less concerned about these players leaving than most seem to be. Gowser will undoubtably be the biggest loss as he has been brilliant for us. We really toiled when he was injured, but even for that he has definitely been "looked after" by opposition sides who know if they give him no time and space it affects how we play as a team. He was THAT important to us.

Other players will come in, some will work out , some wont. We all know the drill there. But tis always good fun in the summer to see what happens, I quite like it when its a total overhaul. thumbup2.gif

Guest somner9

A fair bit of needless knicker wetting going on. The fact of professional football life today when you don't command a transfer fee is the likelyhood you will move on when you're contract is up!,

Carey would probably imo sign a two year deal wanting more (or at least the same) than present. he hasn't earned it and he has had the opportunity to do so. So he moves on. perhaps he turned down a 1 year deal on a wage reflecting his worth over the piece?

There are literally hundreds of out of contract players, some really decent on both sides of the border looking for a club. It would be madness to tie up a wage on a player who hasn't performed when there are options.

I have a sneaking suspicion Carey's loss may be Imrie's gain??? And who's to know what good loan signings we may pick up? Who wouldn't in DL's shoes bite the hand off someone offering you Dummett, Newton and Goncalves knowing what you know now?

And none of us knew they existed on the planet this time last year!