Carey And Parkin First To Go.........

Motherwell have a lot of guys out of contract, Aberdeen are shipping 11, Hibs are a one-man team, Killie are going with kids, Dundee United are (IMHO) a club on the way down, Hearts are a fcuking basketcase....

Too early to clart our nappies... KTF.

Indeed.

Can't we at least wait until we see which replacements we sign before doing that?

All this on the back of the release of a bit part striker and a player that doesn't really play well enough in the positions he's being touted for.

Thinking Goodwin ,Teale ,Thompson and McAusland will be the foundations on which a new team will be built round.

Which means in my opinion ,there could be 7 new signings by the start of next season.

The club will be hoping McGinn and Reilly will continue to progress ,and will try and get three good players in on loan .

Which along with a couple of players still in contract ,will be the basis of next season squad.

Asda LinwoodEldersliePaisley must be doing a roaring trade in Pampers today.

Dry aw yir scants.

We finished 11th, Danny wants to climb higher next season, so some have to go.

Trust our League Cup winning Manager.

Players under contract that have been told they can leave are: Mair, Guy, Adam and Imrie. They've all been told to find themselves a new club.

That more or less what I heard ,and I honestly believe it won,t be too difficult to find better players

I'm not so much concerned by the likely overhaul in personnel, but more by the prevailing atmosphere at the club. I've no idea whether there is a sense of bad feeling, or if Danny has 'lost the dressing room' (whatever that means), but I hope the players who will be staying put - particularly those who are most influential such as Thompson and Goodwin - aren't unsettled by the manner in which Danny & Co. are going about their business.

If we are to progress as a club, a strong spirit and positive attitude across the board is essential.

Edited by Drew

Guest somner9

I'm not so much concerned by the likely overhaul in personnel, but more by the prevailing atmosphere at the club. I've no idea whether there is a sense of bad feeling, or if Danny has 'lost the dressing room' (whatever that means), but I hope the players who will be staying put - particularly those who are particularly influential such as Thompson and Goodwin - aren't unsettled by the manner in which Danny & Co. are going about their business.

If we are to progress as a club, a strong spirit and positive attitude across the board is essential.

I'd hazard an educated guess that this talk of having "lost the dressing room" is being put about by the players who won't be in our dressing room for pre-season!

And specifically anyone on a contract who is getting punted!

Players under contract that have been told they can leave are: Mair, Guy, Adam and Imrie. They've all been told to find themselves a new club.

What have these guys done to deserve the boot more than Barron and Robertson?

I'm not so much concerned by the likely overhaul in personnel, but more by the prevailing atmosphere at the club. I've no idea whether there is a sense of bad feeling, or if Danny has 'lost the dressing room' (whatever that means), but I hope the players who will be staying put - particularly those who are particularly influential such as Thompson and Goodwin - aren't unsettled by the manner in which Danny & Co. are going about their business.

I'm pretty relaxed about it all. If it IS true that Danny has 'lost the dressing room' and Tommy Craig is falling out with certain players, then that will surely come to a head - and we have TNT doing their badges, with Thompson in particular striking me as someone primed and ready to step up into management. He has his head screwed on, and speaks very well.

Time to chill and enjoy this fabulous summer weather - erm, aye, too far.

Can't really say I am too surprised at Guy and Adam being offered a free but I am surprised at Imrie and Mair.

As has been mentioned above I would punt Robertson and Barron before I would let those two go.

We also have no idea whether McGregor is going to come back from his double injury.

Horrible to see the whole squad getting ripped up. I would have said light touch surgery was needed more than full blown open heart.

Personally I would have kept Carey and Imrie, especially with all the rumours about McGowan. Can't understand why Robertson is still with us, surely he should be off?

Sad to see Mair go, but if a better centre back comes in then fair enough.

Lennon has been ruthless in the past and it's been beneficial. However, I'm worrying that he will be overly ruthless this time round. Not sure if he can capture the stature of players such as a thommo/Teale/Isma again, but we need to give him the opportunity to prove us wrong I guess!

Horrible to see the whole squad getting ripped up. I would have said light touch surgery was needed more than full blown open heart.

i would tend to agree, but given our league underachievement, there is perhaps an argument for wholesale changes?

Not surprised regards Parkin, Carey my instinct tells me we should have kept.

Hey ho, its Dannys job to make and re-shape the team. I hope he really blasts the market this summer, gets the targets he has identified (?) & creates a compelling team that can deliver against our expectations of a top 6 finish.

He has a tough job to do this summer.

Not fussed either way on Carey being released. He was potentially a great signing but spent about 3 months of his first season back with us trying to get fit again after piling on the pounds. He's had a couple of purple patches during his time with us and some great goals and a handful of great games but for me he hasn't lived up to his potential and when the chips are down his is usually one of the heads that are down too.

Carey may well personify our problem of having a seemingly strong squad on paper but then over the course of the season we seem to lack the attitude and dig to grind out enough wins to reach the top 6.

Not surprised at Mair either, after Goodwin took his place in defence that seemed to sort out the alarming number of goals we had been leaking last November, and when Dummet was getting moved to centre half in Goodwin's absence that seemed to signal that he wasn't in DL's future plans. I'm sure it is also partly a financial decision, that he will be one of the highest earners and maybe we reckon we can bring in the much fabled commanding centre half on a lower wage than Mair was on, or on Mair's wage but if we had kept Mair then we wouldn't have the finance to bring anyone in.

If we are set for a season of wholesale changes then all in all I am encouraged that DL and TC and the board are taking the view that if we are to have a crack at top 6 then a lot of the squad are either not good, or are good enough but not working hard enough to get us there and we are going to try again with different personnel. Danny's signings in the last 2 years suggest he can probably bring in some decent finds within our budget.

We finished 11th in the league, so clearly improvement is needed. As many have said - not good enough. Danny's job is on the line next season, and if he feels the need to do a lot of business to improve the squad, then that's what will happen. The cup final squad are all legends because of what they achieved in the cup - that will never change. The fact is that too many of them never contributed enough over the course of the season. Our top contributors in terms of goals and assists were Thommo and Teale, who have been given new contracts. They've earned them, while others haven't. Simple as that.

Big summer ahead.

Thinking Goodwin ,Teale ,Thompson and McAusland will be the foundations on which a new team will be built round.

Which means in my opinion ,there could be 7 new signings by the start of next season.

The club will be hoping McGinn and Reilly will continue to progress ,and will try and get three good players in on loan .

Which along with a couple of players still in contract ,will be the basis of next season squad.

BUt Mr Lennon says there's only 3 comming in.