Carey And Parkin First To Go.........

Got to agree with Poz's comment above re season tickets. For the fans saying they won't renew at the moment because players are leaving, did you not hear Stewart Gilmour on TV saying we need at least 400 more through the gate to keep our best players /sign better players. Not renewing your season ticket is the complete opposite of what he asks. The attitude of our fans is baffling at times. Spoilt kids syndrome :(

My birthday mug and birthday card i got with me and Carey on the front, devastated doesn't even cover it! sad.png

I'm actually genuinely more gutted for you than I am myself about Carey leaving JJsad.png

I fear you may need counselling.

I'm actually genuinely more gutted for you than I am myself about Carey leaving JJsad.png

I fear you may need counselling.

I couldnt concentrate at work today, i was just wandering about like a lost soul all day, i fear i may hit the bottle, i can feel a bender coming on. :(

Got to agree with Poz's comment above re season tickets. For the fans saying they won't renew at the moment because players are leaving, did you not hear Stewart Gilmour on TV saying we need at least 400 more through the gate to keep our best players /sign better players. Not renewing your season ticket is the complete opposite of what he asks. The attitude of our fans is baffling at times. Spoilt kids syndrome sad.png

Players will come.....This is the norm ....New team new hope......My opinion on Carey is he is a lost talent....Not one for our dressing room and someone who should take a good look at himself at a new club ....I wish him well.

Horrible to see the whole squad getting ripped up. I would have said light touch surgery was needed more than full blown open heart.

I thought the same a few months back but our performances in the league, particularly since winning the cup, have convinced me that a ruthless clear out is required to try and progress the club. To be honest, the only ones I disagree with are Mair & Carey (Mair would be worth keeping as a back up).

Only problem is I have little faith in the management team to sign suitable replacements...

I'm glad the management make decisions based on performance over two years rather than one incident.

But for a handful of games, Carey has been poor for two years and his supposed free kick and crossing specialities are a myth.

hardly a myth, he has got good ability at free kicks and crosses, but that is simply not enough to keep him, i don't think he was played in the correct position (midfield) often enough, don't know why this is but will watch with interest how he gets on elsewhere

Carey joined us overweight and unfit. It took him too long to get fit and it is likely this didn't please our Danny.

A professional sportsman should never be unfit or overweight.

BUT I also felt sad when Memhet Dorman Thomson McShane etc left and the only one I really think we should have kept (not that it was an option) was Higdon.

I was a heartbroken wee boy when McKean, McQueen, Ally McLeod & Clelland aw left in the 70's. thumbdown.gif

I just hope DL dosent go down the road of bringing in same type of players he did in first season.

My hope is that his budget allows him to get 6 experienced players on a decent wage ,bring in some decent loan players and take a chance on three players from the lower leagues,

Who would replace ,Samson ,McGowan ,Mair ,Imrie ,Parkin ,Carey ,Guy ,Conglaves ,Newton ,Dummet ,Smith and Barron.

We have to remember that we were only one place away from relegation ,and need tomake changes toimprove next season

I remember a classic case of bi-polar striking me in 85, we signed mcgarvey then 24hrs

later we sold mcavennie,, the highs and lows of being a bud,,,wacko.png

I mind playing Pool in the Glen Kyle Pub in Barrhead in the early 80's.

The BBC News came on the TV stating St Mirren had signed Fitzpatrick and Munro again.

I then done a few lap of honours round the Pool Table with Cue above my head.

I was overjoyed and i won the Pool Tournament tae. thumbup2.gif

We are St Mirren. We sign nobodies.

I'd take Harkins to replace McGowan, Stevie Smith for LB & any decent goalkeeper, Paul Gallacher (also out of contract) would do the trick. Then we have the next batch of Newcastle players coming in.

If we're going to let go of the 10+ players being rumoured, then we'll have some more money to get a Goncalves type in.

Gallagher no thanks not good enough anymore. If Danny thinks we're going to push through the youth he is dreaming. We will be doomed unless we replace those leaving with proper proven footballers

Gallagher no thanks not good enough anymore. If Danny thinks we're going to push through the youth he is dreaming. We will be doomed unless we replace those leaving with proper proven footballers

How on earth have you come to that conclusion about Gallacher? At 33, he's at his prime as a goalkeeper and hasn't put a foot wrong since his days with us.

Who said Danny is going with youth next season? I don't think he will, but if he did, having seen our under 20s several times this season, I'd be confident in more of our young lads making a similar impact to John McGinn.

Edited by Murray7