Wiggins Pulls Out Of Giro

Bud the Baker

As it says he's withdrawn from the race.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/22562724

I see on BBC Teletext are saying he's hoping to recover in time for the Tour de France - probably just poor reporting.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the Tour de France.

Wiggins will be back in training soon and it remains to be seen if he will ride for Froome.

Sky have already said Froome would be leader but with wiggins out of the giro he may gain the strength and fitness

and believe he can mount a challenge in the Tour de France.

I think he is a little too arrogant to be a follower.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the Tour de France.

Wiggins will be back in training soon and it remains to be seen if he will ride for Froome.

Sky have already said Froome would be leader but with wiggins out of the giro he may gain the strength and fitness

and believe he can mount a challenge in the Tour de France.

I think he is a little too arrogant to be a follower.

Will be interesting to see where the real power lies in TeamSKY especially if Widdins gets fit in time for the Tour - the SKY manager is on record as saying that a team can only have one leader at any event.

Will be interesting to see where the real power lies in TeamSKY especially if Widdins gets fit in time for the Tour - the SKY manager is on record as saying that a team can only have one leader at any event.

I suppose the leader can change during the race. Froome has the explosive power in the mountains and Bradley has the time trialing expertise. The race can be won via either disipline i.e holding your own in one of them and being outstanding in the other. Brailsford will have choices come the Tour, lt will be up to him to get the best out of his riders and win with the best guy over the piece. .

Last year , Wiggo was selected as team leader and was obviously promised that the rest of the team would work for him, this year could be different. This year Uran is likely to ride the Tour for Sky. He already has won two stages in the Giro and one of them was in the mountains , when he went clear of the bunch. .

I suppose the leader can change during the race. Froome has the explosive power in the mountains and Bradley has the time trialing expertise. The race can be won via either disipline i.e holding your own in one of them and being outstanding in the other. Brailsford will have choices come the Tour, lt will be up to him to get the best out of his riders and win with the best guy over the piece. .

Last year , Wiggo was selected as team leader and was obviously promised that the rest of the team would work for him, this year could be different. This year Uran is likely to ride the Tour for Sky. He already has won two stages in the Giro and one of them was in the mountains , when he went clear of the bunch. .

It was impressive last year how SKY stuck to the plan of Wiggins for Yellow riding for Cavendish on just a few of the flat stages at the start and end of the Tour, I recall them pulling back Froome in one stage to help Wiggins maintain his time gap. It just seems this season that Uran and Wiggins are now talking up their rights to have a go at the prize when Froome has already been named No. 1.

There is almost no chance Wiggins will win the Tour this year. Last year was pretty much the perfect route for him - a couple of decent TT's and only a few mountain finishes.This year is the complete opposite.

Anybody thinking of backing him should save their money.

There is almost no chance Wiggins will win the Tour this year. Last year was pretty much the perfect route for him - a couple of decent TT's and only a few mountain finishes.This year is the complete opposite.

Anybody thinking of backing him should save their money.

Yup, which is why he was focussing on the Giro this year, what I'm saying is that TeamSKY seem to be less singleminded now than they were last year.

Yeh , well done to Cav' , that should put him in good stead for the Tour. Well done to Uran on getting second in the GC , I reckon wee Cuddles is now past his best but he will still give it a go at the Tour which may well be his last chance to get another win(he will probably have to rely on something happening to Nibili tho'). .

He wont be riding the Tour of Switzerland which , would have been his warm-up for TDF so yeh, the knee injury will put him out and so disappears , his likely last chance to win the TDF. . there is always the Vuelta tho'. .

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/may/31/bradley-wiggins-tour-de-france-knee-injury1

• 3 months later...

Horner going into today's final stage of La Vualta in the lead - the final stage is normally a procession in terms of the GC so a 41-y-o with 1 Top 10 finish in a Grand Tour is gonna win.

Whoddathunkit - it certainly won't do the sports reputation for being clear of drugs any good.whistling.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

Horner going into today's final stage of La Vualta in the lead - the final stage is normally a procession in terms of the GC so a 41-y-o with 1 Top 10 finish in a Grand Tour is gonna win.

Whoddathunkit - it certainly won't do the sports reputation for being clear of drugs any good.whistling.gif

Dear Mr Baker

If Chris Horner is clean or not I really don't(care) know. .

However , I don't know what that has got to do with Bradley having to pull out of the Giro. .

Dear Mr Baker

If Chris Horner is clean or not I really don't(care) know. .

However , I don't know what that has got to do with Bradley having to pull out of the Giro. .

Couldn't be arsed starting a new thread and figured anyone interested in cycling would take a look. tongue.png

Just noticed there was a mix-up wrt Horner's whereabouts last night and he missed a drugs test.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Couldn't be arsed starting a new thread and figured anyone interested in cycling would take a look. tongue.png

Just noticed there was a mix-up wrt Horner's whereabouts last night and he missed a drugs test.

Yes , yes , but appears that the Spanish have f**ked up and in typical American style, Horner will seek compen' for their mishap. .

So, maybe in the clear . . this time. .sorcerer.gif

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/10312406/Vuelta-a-Espana-champion-Chris-Horner-will-seek-compensation-over-missed-doping-test.html

Edited by saintnextlifetime